• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

i find myself paralyzed until congress happens on the 6th

Wandering Monk

Superb start! List your topics -- a classic beginning. And now your non-partisan evaluation of each topic!

My point was that things have been much worse in the US at many times in the past and that there is no reason to panic about this election.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
My point was that things have been much worse in the US at many times in the past and that there is no reason to panic about this election.

Hula hoops. Be bop. Disco.

My point is that things have been much worse in the US at many times in the past...etc blah blah blah.

It's hard to see how merely listing a few topics -- as you did -- amounts to a genuine defense of your case, let alone a genuinely non-partisan defense. Oh yes, those who only know history from their high school textbooks might swallow your list as 'evidence', but they are not everyone.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Did I say that? Isn't putting words in people's mouths a rule violation here on RF?

You're right. You didn't say it. Only when was the last time you ever even once on this board accused someone on the right of being 'partisan'? To my memory, never. And THAT was my point.

Wandering Monk

You're right. You didn't say it. Only when was the last time you ever even once on this board accused someone on the right of being 'partisan'? To my memory, never. And THAT was my point.

Huh? I have been a vocal critic of Christian Trumpists, if not here, then on other forums and social media.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Did I say that? Isn't putting words in people's mouths a rule violation here on RF?
As Agent K illuminates in the well known documentary,
the threat of the moment looms larger than historical
threats.
But rather than advocating not knowing about it, I say
we should persevere in advocating for peace, justice,
& the rule of rational law. We shouldn't panic under
the illusion that we've never faced terrible threats before.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
And now let's all find endless ways to repeat ourselves for 100 or more posts, as is customary on RF.

I've made a few points. I'm not going to bore you with repeating them. Have fun.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I think you might suffer from an affliction dogging me too,
ie, that once pegged as "not a liberal", perceptions of us
tend to be put into a box...a conservative box.
I've even been called a creationist, Trump supporter,
GW denier, a Christian apologist.
We are all individuals, & seldom fit neatly into a little box.

BTW, recently, a newer poster called me a "liberal".
That was fun.

Last edited:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Huh? I have been a vocal critic of Christian Trumpists, if not here, then on other forums and social media.

Fair enough. I can presume you know more about your record than I do. I will take you at your word and stand corrected.

But dude, if I ever in the future find out you have in any matter substantially misled me I will never trust you again.

Wandering Monk

Fair enough. I can presume you know more about your record than I do. I will take you at your word and stand corrected.

But dude, if I ever in the future find out you have in any matter substantially misled me I will never trust you again.

Or maybe you could take a little time and search for my posts on this forum.

Last edited: