• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I find I can disagree with just about everyone :)

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
God has been plugged into the equation for thousands of years, whether he exists or not. Are things better?

And atheism has nothing to say about the origin and/or purpose of life, but it does eliminate considering the supernatural as being part of it.

So the origin of nature is prohibited from transcending it's own creation? that's certainly an interesting assertion..

But in the end it's just one more logical paradox which God eliminates.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Thanks for all the feed-back!

The mood has passed - as they all do! ... found this site - came from a search for Ascension symptoms anger ...

Compassion, Not Sympathy

I guess we all could afford 2 be more compassionate. But sometimes I just feel overwhelmed by all the sufering.

All the best!

Skwim

Veteran Member
Why do you think evil exists?
Perhaps its a collateral consequence of mankind's mental evolution: you sometimes get crap along with the good, and the crap simply hasn't had a chance to be phased out. Other than this, :shrug:

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
It takes more intelligence and wisdom to communicate and listen, than it does to argue and debate.

Smart people listen and learn from as many other people as they can.

Prideful idiots think they know it all, argue with others, listen to no one, and learn nothing new.

There is wisdom from both sides -

the "natural man" exists, nature and natural processes exist...
spirits and the spiritual side of life also exists.

Why does God allow evil? simple - so we can all learn to hate it. this is not our only life.

"Smart people listen and learn from as many other people as they can."

Right on! As the saying goes, "You ain't learnin nothin when you're talkin"!

And learning what not to do is still important.

idea

Question Everything
Perhaps its a collateral consequence of mankind's mental evolution: you sometimes get crap along with the good, and the crap simply hasn't had a chance to be phased out. Other than this, :shrug:

will entropy get phased out? you are right - it seems impossible to have good without evil... just natural laws. no up without down.

ThePainefulTruth

Romantic-Cynic
I'm in another one of my moods ...

If the atheists are right, then life on earth is just some grand "accident" and it is just horrible luck that many people get a very raw deal and if you are one of the "lucky" ones, there is absolutely NO reason to assume that you will continue 2 be lucky ... that must be a CONSTANT worry in the back of your mind ...

On the other hand, does plugging God into the equation make things any better? That would mean that the Divine Plan is for many people to live fairly joyless lives. Not sure that is much comfort if you happen 2 be one of the unfortunates!

Any thoughts?

If the atheists are right, then life on earth is just some grand "accident" and it is just horrible luck that many people get a very raw deal and if you are one of the "lucky" ones, there is absolutely NO reason to assume that you will continue 2 be lucky ... that must be a CONSTANT worry in the back of your mind ...

On the other hand, does plugging God into the equation make things any better? That would mean that the Divine Plan is for many people to live fairly joyless lives. Not sure that is much comfort if you happen 2 be one of the unfortunates!

Any thoughts?

If God exists, it will be us judging ourselves--bathed in the undeniable light of Truth. We will judge ourselves based on our resources available, our circumstances, and the inherent ability we all have to put ourselves in the shoes of others, especially our victims. And we will all have two options: moving on to a spiritual existence of indeterminate length, or oblivion.

Glaurung

Denizen of Niflheim

Any thoughts?
Lasting joy isn't meant to be found in this world. Even when things go well for you, satisfaction will always be transient. It is a well noted irony that the most well off are not necessarily the happiest.

From the Christian view the point of this life is to answer one question, the eternal disposition of our souls. With this view the material circumstances of our lives here on earth are not all that important in the grand scheme of things. The comfort that comes with a faith in God is the understanding there is real meaning to our lives. That the cards you get dealt here are only half the story.

So play your hand in such a way as to bring some measure of good into this world. (As small as that may be). The true merit of a life won't be known until its conclusion. Luke 21:1-4

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

It does not have to be a worry at all, but it is indeed true that luck is not to be expected to continue, or to happen at all.

That is a main reason why it is luck as opposed to achievement, isn't it?

Any thoughts?

Existence is how it is. There is little if any benefit in wondering if it was somehow meant to be that way.

David T

Premium Member
Atheism doesn't say anything about the supernatural itself, just lack of belief in deities.
It indeed does , it calls it random chance!!! In religion there is the definition, "nature" then there is that which outside of nature is super nature. Atheism has the exact same definition "nature" and anything beyound direct reductive measurement is "random chance". Both have a view of over the horizon some believe in dragons and it's where Valhalla exists, others believe in the chaos God creating randomness which then obeys the laws of the chaos God !!! I really have a hard time telling the two apart!!! If a whale was seen swimming around the sun I suppose both would some how argue that as proof. Not unlike the big bang in terestingly!!

David T

Premium Member
Tricky.....that's not really a disagreement...just being obstreperous.
And That's using big words so we can then disagree on its meaning, that eventually leads us to argue which motorcycle cylinder configuration is the most proper!!! Oh wait that's an RF thead right there!!

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist

Any thoughts?

That's not disagreeing with everyone. It's disagreeing with two somewhat narrow, specific perspectives out of many possible more.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
And That's using big words so we can then disagree on its meaning, that eventually leads us to argue which motorcycle cylinder configuration is the most proper!!! Oh wait that's an RF thead right there!!
Clearly, single cylinder is most popular.

Any thoughts?
I disagree.

David T

Premium Member
Clearly you have confused the collective herd and what is superior!! That's like saying what ever President is elected is superior!!! How do anarchists argue? My anarchist view is superior to your anarchist view!!! Lol. I think the term debate, is a human term for dung beattles battle over dung ball!!!! Double lol!!!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Clearly you have confused the collective herd and what is superior!! That's like saying what ever President is elected is superior!!! How do anarchists argue? My anarchist view is superior to your anarchist view!!! Lol. I think the term debate, is a human term for dung beattles battle over dung ball!!!! Double lol!!!
I didn't say the single cylinder configuration is better...only more popular.
My favorite bike was a single, but it was not a machine for everyone.
57-18-550x412.jpg

David T

Premium Member
I didn't say the single cylinder configuration is better...only more popular.
My favorite bike was a single, but it was not a machine for everyone.
57-18-550x412.jpg
Oh thats like sending someone a sexy female picture!! I was like oh I agree!!! Not fair, all my totally clear headed objectivity was lost.