• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I feel silly about believing lucid dreaming is of the occult.

Lain

What if lucid dreaming isn't of the occult?And is just something you can make happen while you sleep.?:)

Not sure why it would be occult, just seems like one of the natural things humans are able to do. With proper training to my knowledge anyone can do it.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
What if lucid dreaming isn't of the occult?And is just something you can make happen while you sleep.?:)

How many lucid dreams have you had?

I'd had maybe 3 or four in my life.
It's an interesting experience and I wouldn't mind learning how to make it happen more often.
Some claim you can support lucid dreaming by keeping a diary of all your dreams. Never tried though.

Frank Goad

How many lucid dreams have you had?

I'd had maybe 3 or four in my life.
It's an interesting experience and I wouldn't mind learning how to make it happen more often.
Some claim you can support lucid dreaming by keeping a diary of all your dreams. Never tried though.

I have never had a self-induced lucid dream.:(

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I have never had a self-induced lucid dream.:(

In my lucid dreams I was aware or at least suspected I was dreaming. There was some conscious control but not a lot.
When you are dreaming, weird idea is how to prove to yourself your are dreaming. Some ideas like you can't read anything.
Trying to hurt yourself doesn't work as you can feel pain in a lucid dream from my experience.

Never had enough to do any experimentation.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I've had plenty of lucid dreams, all without trying. Try to find a trigger in your dreams that let you know you're dreaming. Like @Nakosis said, realizing you can't read might be one(though I find once I have that realization, and the dream goes lucid, I can read).

There was really nothing occult about it, though some do try to have lucid dreams as part of their occult practice.

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
Only time I ever tried or succeeded was as a child, and it was in the morning after I had slept all night. I remembered a dream and wanted to have it again, and I succeeded. Twice. One was a flying dream. I think the fact that I was rested had something to do with it, because if I hadn't been rested I would have had very little control. If you need sleep you just conk out and have little control over your dreams. That is my theory.