• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I feel like I need ONE religion

Master Vigil

And may, I am not sure if the bible is meant to be used as a history book. And even if I tell you that a few moments ago I was in my apartment in greensburg pa having tea with a yeti. Sure, it is historically accurate in the fact that I was in the right place at the right time. But that does not indubitably prove that I was having tea with a yeti now does it?

may

Lintu said:
That's a pretty big blanket statement. Even history textbooks aren't 100% historically accurate.
Thats correct history textbooks arent 100% accurate only the bible is .
All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.(2 timothy 3;16)
The bible always proves true.
Time and again the Bible’s historical record has been substantiated by the uncovering of new information. The Assyrian king Sargon, for example, was for a long time known only from the Bible account at Isaiah 20:1. In fact, during the early part of the last century this Bible reference to him was discounted by critics as of no historical value. Then archaeological excavations produced the ruins of Sargon’s magnificent palace at Khorsabad, including many inscriptions regarding his rule. As a result, Sargon is now one of the best known of the Assyrian kings. Israeli historian Moshe Pearlman wrote: "Suddenly, sceptics who had doubted the authenticity even of the historical parts of the Old Testament began to revise their views."

Master Vigil

madcow, finally another taoist on here. Thanks about the quote, a native american said it. And I just loved it.