• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Don't Understand These Women

Ellen Brown

Or do I?

IS schoolgirl 'wants to return to UK'

Then there is El Chapo's Wife. A similar case.

El Chapo's beauty queen wife stays loyal

I don't and I do understand this. If your self esteem is low enough, you might accept someone who is really bad, even bad for you. And, if they hurt you, you may feel that you deserve it, even "like" the pain and abuse?

I already think that some of this is Genesis 3:16 playing out, but is there something else at work?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I won't claim to know what El Chapo and his wife have between them, but letting anyone who joined ISIS back in is just too great a risk. They made that bed, they can go lay in it.

Ellen Brown

I won't claim to know what El Chapo and his wife have between them, but letting anyone who joined ISIS back in is just too great a risk. They made that bed, they can go lay in it.

Knowing a little bit about the UK, it is likely she will be allowed back in.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I get the humanitarian concerns behind it, but they turned their back on everything they came from to embrace an ideology that is violently and fatally opposed to it. I'd rather help an immigrant who won't be considering becoming an aspiring Jihadist baby machine or aspiring international executioner.

Altfish

Veteran Member
If I remember correctly she was only 14 or 15 when she went to join ISIS; that is under the age of legal responsibility, so the courts may be more lenient.
If she is let back in she will be closely watched and probably hounded by the tabloid press...it may be better to stay where she is.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Or do I?

IS schoolgirl 'wants to return to UK'

Then there is El Chapo's Wife. A similar case.

El Chapo's beauty queen wife stays loyal

I don't and I do understand this. If your self esteem is low enough, you might accept someone who is really bad, even bad for you. And, if they hurt you, you may feel that you deserve it, even "like" the pain and abuse?

I already think that some of this is Genesis 3:16 playing out, but is there something else at work?

Well, there's the old trope that "women love the bad boys" that seems to be true in many cases. It's just like how serial killers get tons of mail from women and even proposals of marriage. I don't understand it either.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
If I remember correctly she was only 14 or 15 when she went to join ISIS; that is under the age of legal responsibility, so the courts may be more lenient.
If she is let back in she will be closely watched and probably hounded by the tabloid press...it may be better to stay where she is.
Reminds me of those two poor Austrian girls The Austrian girl who died trying to escape Isis was 'used as a sex slave'

Very sad. But at least they don't have to worry about poison spiders or getting eaten by kangaroos when they get home.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Possible, under strict conditions, or perhaps she will be tried and have to face whatever the law dictates.

However this was a big thing when people were leaving britain to join daesh. The gov at the time said it was a one way trip for them.

Ellen Brown

Possible, under strict conditions, or perhaps she will be tried and have to face whatever the law dictates.

However this was a big thing when people were leaving britain to join daesh. The gov at the time said it was a one way trip for them.

I can say that many women with low self esteem convert to Islam.

esmith

Veteran Member
One must look at the many instances of spousal abuse of women and their reluctance to charge the male and are still willing to stay with them.
If you understood the why then one might have the answer.

GoodbyeDave

I think that gangsters' wives belong in prison. They know what their husbands do for a living and they take the money: that makes them accessories in my book.

As for the girl, 14 is old enough to know good from evil. Obviously we try and punish young persons differently to adults in England, but the law says you can commit a crime at 10. I'd leave her where she is, and the government may do just that.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I'm very Muslim, but not terrorist at all.

I have read that you became muslim and i most certainly did not expect you to be a terrorist.

I was discussing the girl mentioned in the OP who joined daesh and now its all gone banana shaped for her wants to return to the comfort of the UK.

Ellen Brown

I have read that you became muslim and i most certainly did not expect you to be a terrorist.

I was discussing the girl mentioned in the OP who joined daesh and now its all gone banana shaped for her wants to return to the comfort of the UK.

My deeply unqualified opinion of converts to Islam is that there is a lot of manipulation and programming and many/most of them need approval really badly, worse than converts to Mormonism, so they feed right into it. I'm not enough of a Psychologist to be able to say if this "brainwashing" can be cured.

She might, and it is likely, be playing a game to save her life. One who disavows Islam, especially with Daesh, they are to be beheaded by the next Muslim who sees them. It is one of the reasons, that you will never see me do that. These days, the best I can do is say that I am an Abrahamic Religionist. And, here in America, when I wear my Hijab, many think I am a Nun. Seriously :)

I am guessing that these women who wish to return are deeply scarred. I do not know if they will privately reveal their innermost thoughts, if they have them, to anyone.

It should have tipped most folk off when she said, "I looked into a tub and saw a head and it did not bother me". I see that as profound emotional shock, and then losing two babies to starvation. Even if she spends the rest of her life institutionalized, it would be better than what she is enduring now. I pray that she might find mercy.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
If you've ever seen a couple big cats in the wild mating, it will give new meaning to the term "Rough Sex".

And there is Genesis 3:16, and Quran,Surah 4:34 having their effect on women.

From an Anthropological point of view, perhaps at a very basic level, women want a mate that will be capable of protecting her and her offspring?
I certainly don't believe in any Biblical curse of Eve but, yes - females tend to want males that are physically dominant to mate with, and hormones during ovulation seem to have an influence. We are animals, after all. But the article makes the point that females are mostly drawn to those type of men during fertile periods, not for the long term.

Last edited:

Shad

Veteran Member

Nether case establishes low self-esteem. It looks like sell-esteem is being used to excuse an Islamist and a gold digger from the situation they put themselves in.

Ellen Brown

Nether case establishes low self-esteem. It looks like sell-esteem is being used to excuse an Islamist and a gold digger from the situation they put themselves in.

I don't have grounds to disagree with you. I just want others to receive the kind of mercy that I have.