• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I don't think we should hide the woman.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Lol and the whole point of the establishment is to cause lust. Get real for once.
Personally, I think an organized dance is a great way for men and women to socialize with each other without things getting out of hand. Going over to the other's house alone for dinner would be an example of something that can easily get out of hand.

Lain

Lets say that we are confronted with Satan, who wants to kill a million Iraqis unless we object. Does a mild, "eh" suffice? Jesus said that we should not be tepid (mild), we should either be passionate for or passionate against.

I'd rather take the advice of Jesus about opposing Satan and preserving life.

That is in fact how monks interpreted the verse of the Psalms which says: "be angry, and sin not." That is: be angry, zealous, passionate against evil, and don't do it. That the anger rightly directed can go harshly against evil, in fact it is commanded to, mildness does not suffice. The anger is in fact an aid in that. St. Albert the Great comments:

"This kind of anger is good. 'My wrath sustained me' (Isaiah 63:5). This is anger through zeal, which makes the eye of reason purer, and if it sometimes disturbs for a while, it does not blind, like anger that is a vice. This is the anger with which Moses was angry with the idolaters, and Phenehas against the fornication of the Israelites, Elijah against the priests of Baal, Mattathias against those who sacrificed on the unclean altar, the Lord himself against those who were selling and buying in the Temple, and Peter against the lying property owners, Anaias and Sapphyra."

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Being kind to unkind people will brake them, because they are not used to being treated with respect.
One does not have to respect their wrongdoing, but one can respect them as fellow human beings.

So for me it is more about how people act, speak it think.

DNB

Christian
If it's unwanted, it's harassment. A natural response is the innate response mechanisms of how it makes you feel. A person makes the choice to take it to the level of harassment by assuming advertising or soliciting. What would be inherently advertising or soliciting in dress that couldn't also be based on comfort, fashion, or simply wanting to feel good about one's body?
There is no one in the world who thinks that either mini-skirts, skin-tight clothes, skimpy tops, high heel shoes, pounds of make up, etc..are comfortable. Therefore, wearing such attire is misguided and sending the wrong message, i.e. asking for trouble. Plus, anyone who claims to feels good about sporting such outfits, is, again, making excuses and misguided. No one should ever substantiate feeling good about themselves by what they wear - it should always stem from having a good character, irrespective about what their wearing.

I have to take responsibility about what I know is out there in the world. I have to buy a security system for my premises as long as a i know that there are burglars and thieves in the world. Equally, as long as their are rapists, players, nymphomaniacs, and perverts out there, it is incumbent upon women to dress accordingly - discreetly, modestly, and not insinuating sex in any manner.

Regardless if it's fair or not, that's the world that we live in. If I don't lock my doors, shame on me. If women want to dress in a sexy and provocative manner, don't be surprised if you're met with undesired reactions from those around you. That's just common sense, the women should know better by now.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
There is no one in the world who thinks that either mini-skirts, skin-tight clothes, skimpy tops, high heel shoes, pounds of make up, etc..are comfortable. Therefore, wearing such attire is misguided and sending the wrong message, i.e. asking for trouble. Plus, anyone who claims to feels good about sporting such outfits, is, again, making excuses and misguided. No one should ever substantiate feeling good about themselves by what they wear - it should always stem from having a good character, irrespective about what their wearing.

I have to take responsibility about what I know is out there in the world. I have to buy a security system for my premises as long as a i know that there are burglars and thieves in the world. Equally, as long as their are rapists, players, nymphomaniacs, and perverts out there, it is incumbent upon women to dress accordingly - discreetly, modestly, and not insinuating sex in any manner.

Regardless if it's fair or not, that's the world that we live in. If I don't lock my doors, shame on me. If women want to dress in a sexy and provocative manner, don't be surprised if you're met with undesired reactions from those around you. That's just common sense, the women should know better by now.

I don't know; I would suggest that men should know better by now if it weren't for folks blaming victims instead of the people unable to control their behavior.

Unlike a lock it is always effort, always fear, avoiding men who are evil, if only if it was as easy :)

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member

You don't have to look sexy to get unwanted advances. I remember my old roommate chewing out some guy for hitting on her while at the gas station. She was... well, quite gross looking that day. Dirty sweats and matted hair, she screamed at him "I haven't &^#@*) bathed in 3 days! You want some of this?"

Honestly, it doesn't really matter what you wear, creepers will creep.

Hold

Abducted Member
Premium Member
You don't have to look sexy to get unwanted advances. I remember my old roommate chewing out some guy for hitting on her while at the gas station. She was... well, quite gross looking that day. Dirty sweats and matted hair, she screamed at him "I haven't &^#@*) bathed in 3 days! You want some of this?"

A rose is a rose ......and a creep is a creep ! (a creeper might be a short creep?)

DNB

Christian
I don't know; I would suggest that men should know better by now if it weren't for folks blaming victims instead of the people unable to control their behavior.
The world is cruel, we all have to take responsibility. This is not to say that anyone who violates another's rights, is not morally wrong and should not be subject to extreme punishment.

Point is, the hedjab in principle makes sense - discretion is everyone's best policy, for a myriad of reasons. But, the Muslims takes this to the extreme.

DNB

Christian
Unlike a lock it is always effort, always fear, avoiding men who are evil, if only if it was as easy :)
Security systems are very expensive. We all have to employ discretion. It's not about incessantly fearing predators, con-men, tricksters, abusive people, .... If you keep your nose clean, ie. learn how to avoid them, like everyone under the sun has to be on their guard in one way or another, that's just the norm.

DNB

Christian

...well, imagine then to what intensity and frequency that would occur if she turned up the heat?

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady

Some skirts are comfortable, it depends on the material. I found it annoying to have to make sure all of my parts were covered when I sat down, bent over, etc, so I never really got used to dressing skimpily. I don't even like when a tiny amount of a bra strap shows.

DNB

Christian
Some skirts are comfortable, it depends on the material. I found it annoying to have to make sure all of my parts were covered when I sat down, bent over, etc, so I never really got used to dressing skimpily. I don't even like when a tiny amount of a bra strap shows.
Yes, agreed, one must be extremely cautious in such attire: every contortion, angle, staircase and chair leaves one extremely vulnerable.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
...well, imagine then to what intensity and frequency that would occur if she turned up the heat?

Honestly, I personally find it matters more what side of town you're on than what you're wearing. And I've gone out in everything from the very racy, to the dirty sweats and matted hair she was sporting.