• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I don't know what Denomination I am

Daniyal

theMINI said:
I am 18. My mother says she is christian but she hasn't been in church in years! She is really not interested in religion. She doesn't know. I'm scared of going to the Evangelical church incase I don't have the same beliefs as them. Is there a way to find out without actually attending? Some sort of website?

I am Christian but I am 100% sure I am not protestant. I remember doing my first communion and I still need to do my comfirmation. Can that tell me what denomination I am?

You should never be afraid of going somewhere were they don't have the same beliefs as you. This 'fear' can lead to hatred (Yoda speaking here!) and I have seen it on more then one occasion.

You shouldn't worry about what your family thinks (spiritually speaking) because it is your spiritual life and not theirs. I would advise you to go a library and get a few books on different religions, and then when you find something interests you, expand on that and dig deeper.

That's how I was brought to Islam pretty much.

With respect!!!

IsaacRamsey

Read the Letter to the Galatians, and after that read the letter to the Romans (these are both in the New Testament, if you didn't know). Ask God to open your mind as you read them. You should read the book of Acts as well.