• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I don't believe human babies should be manufactured!

Jonathan Bailey

A new human life should come about from the union of one man married to one woman, as the biological parents, through natural conception and birth.

I don't believe in test-tube conceptions, surrogate mothers, sperm banks, artificial insemination, cloning, sperm mixing and any unnatural means to make "human" babies. I don't even like for animals to be manufactured as well.

If married heterosexual couples are infertile and want to raise one or more children, they should adopt. Period. Don't be pig-headed. If you can't love a child not of your own genes, you are not fit to parent anyway.

Homosexual and bisexual married couples should also adopt if they want to raise children. Wanting to fabricate babies unnaturally just to put one's own genes into the living mass of tissue is just plain selfish.The "child" will feel abnormal throughout life: like a monster or a freak. It's plain CRUEL!

Too many naturally-made children in this world are going hungry, are abused by their natural parents, are orphaned and/or need loving and caring homes. Be compassionate and kind and please adopt!

New children in the world should only be reproduced by natural married heterosexual means.

Ideally, children should be raised in a home with one fit-and-loving father figure and one fit-and-loving mother figure but it is still much better that an adopted naturally-reproduced child be raised in a home with two same-sex parent figures who are good, loving providers than be raised in a negligent and abusive heterosexual household or an orphanage.

I support gay relationships, gay child-raising and gay marriage but gays should have no biological part in human reproduction because there is no completely-natural same-sex reproduction possible. It takes one male and one female to bring new life into this world naturally.

This world is overpopulated as it is anyway for long-term healthy sustainability of resources and many children are in need of homes. Even more fertile heterosexual couples who are fit to parent, love and provide should consider adoption as well.

Don't be selfish in regards to reproductive ego. Just because you can make a baby doesn't mean you should do it just to prove you have "godly" power. Only the most genetically-strong, mentally-fit, healthy, loving, parentally-competent and economically-fit people should reproduce anyway. It should be the human goal to NOT merely make more babies but to make more healthy babies to be raised in good homes but not so many still so as to overpopulate the planet. The poor have no business bringing in new life.

While continuing the human species, consider QUALITY not QUANTITY. Endeavor that more healthy babies be brought into a more healthy, loving and peaceful world environment to live and grow in but also endeavor that world human numbers be at a sensible level.

Last edited:

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Genetically engineered children and eugenics:

Genetically engineered children? | Center for Genetics and Society

Chinese Researcher Used CRISPR To Edit Embryonic DNA Of Twin Girls : Shots - Health News : NPR

EXCLUSIVE: Chinese scientists are creating CRISPR babies - MIT Technology Review

Fitter-families.jpg

Nazi-Eugenics-poster.jpg

Jonathan Bailey

Not what God Himself intended in Creation. God said, when only two persons were in the newly-created world, be fruitful and multiply, not overpopulate. Being FRUITFUL (productive) means being able to provide for your babies, it's not how many babies you can make a year.

God gave Eve a womb, not a test-tube. God gave Adam a penis, not a cloning laboratory.

A great reason many babies are not born healthy is not just bad genes. It's abuse by the mother while the child is in the womb. Putting unnatural chemicals on her body as perfume and makeup: Satanic vanity at the expense of the child's health and fetal development. Smoking, drinking and doing drugs to hurt the fetus. Not breastfeeding or using natural mother's milk. God did not hand Eve a can of formula and an electric can opener, but fashioned rather a pair of natural "cans" on her chest.

Last edited:

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
A new human life should come about from the union of one man married to one woman, as the biological parents, through natural conception and birth.

I don't believe in test-tube conceptions, surrogate mothers, sperm banks, artificial insemination, cloning, sperm mixing and any unnatural means to make "human" babies. I don't even like for animals to be manufactured as well.

If married heterosexual couples are infertile and want to raise one or more children, they should adopt. Period. Don't be pig-headed. If you can't love a child not of your own genes, you are not fit to parent anyway.

Homosexual and bisexual married couples should also adopt if they want to raise children. Wanting to fabricate babies unnaturally just to put one's own genes into the living mass of tissue is just plain selfish.The "child" will feel abnormal throughout life: like a monster or a freak. It's plain CRUEL!

Too many naturally-made children in this world are going hungry, are abused by their natural parents, are orphaned and/or need loving and caring homes. Be compassionate and kind and please adopt!

New children in the world should only be reproduced by natural married heterosexual means.

Ideally, children should be raised in a home with one fit-and-loving father figure and one fit-and-loving mother figure but it is still much better that an adopted naturally-reproduced child be raised in a home with two same-sex parent figures who are good, loving providers than be raised in a negligent and abusive heterosexual household or an orphanage.

I support gay relationships, gay child-raising and gay marriage but gays should have no biological part in human reproduction because there is no completely-natural same-sex reproduction possible. It takes one male and one female to bring new life into this world naturally.

This world is overpopulated as it is anyway for long-term healthy sustainability of resources and many children are in need of homes. Even more fertile heterosexual couples who are fit to parent, love and provide should consider adoption as well.

Don't be selfish in regards to reproductive ego. Just because you can make a baby doesn't mean you should do it just to prove you have "godly" power. Only the most genetically-strong, mentally-fit, healthy, loving, parentally-competent and economically-fit people should reproduce anyway. It should be the human goal to NOT merely make more babies but to make more healthy babies to be raised in good homes but not so many still so as to overpopulate the planet. The poor have no business bringing in new life.

While continuing the human species, consider QUALITY not QUANTITY. Endeavor that more healthy babies be brought into a more healthy, loving and peaceful world environment to live and grow in but also endeavor that world human numbers be at a sensible level.

Don't know, kind of neutral but I suspect it will eventually be a norm. Designer babies.

Jonathan Bailey

Don't know, kind of neutral but I suspect it will eventually be a norm. Designer babies.

I think only God can save the human species now.

Hopefully, I won't live to see a world overrun by Designer Babies, science-fiction style monsters.

Perhaps a progressive departure from Christ is indeed why this world is in such dire trouble.

Seeing all these two-legged creatures these days (faces with butch haircuts and high voices coming out of them, the tatts, the beards, the body-piercings, the weird clothes, the weird hair, the funny way of talking, the acting ignorant, deaf and stupid when spoken plain English to) makes me wonder what planet I'm even on. I often think to myself, did I die in my sleep and go to hell whenever I see all these weird two-legged Star Trek/Star Wars/Spaceballs Klingon-like critters in Walmart?

Designer Babies: the devil's ultimate invention yet.

It's Alive! materially speaking: It's Dead! spiritually speaking,

Last edited:

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I think only God can save the human species now.

Hopefully, I won't live to see a world overrun by Designer Babies, science-fiction style monsters.

Perhaps a progressive departure from Christ is indeed why this world is in such dire trouble.

Seeing all these two-legged creatures these days (faces with butch haircuts and high voices coming out of them, the tatts, the beards, the body-piercings, the weird clothes, the weird hair, the funny way of talking, the acting ignorant, deaf and stupid when spoken plain English to) makes me wonder what planet I'm even on. I often think to myself, did I die in my sleep and go to hell whenever I see all these weird two-legged Star Trek/Star Wars/Spaceballs Klingon-like critters in Walmart?

Designer Babies: the devil's ultimate invention yet.

It's Alive! materially speaking: It's Dead! spiritually speaking,

old.jpg

Anyway, my husband came from donor sperm because my father in law couldn't have children after cancer treatment. Back then, as today, adopting an infant was wildly expensive with no aid programs to offset the costs, and you needn't be a home owner over a monetary threshold for IVF.
Aside from being glad my husband is here, I'm also glad his mother had control over reproductive choices despite squeamishness some may have over how he was conceived.

I also don't give a rip what your religion considers natural, and find it no more abhorrent than treatments for infertility or comprehensive natal imaging and treatments, which are also 'unnatural' (ie human tools).

I'd be willing to have a dialogue about nonmedical cosmetic or eugenics and why I think they're harmful, but that doesn't extend to 'let nature take its course by banning IVF' anymore than 'let nature take its course by banning antibiotics.'

David T

Premium Member
old.jpg

Anyway, my husband came from donor sperm because my father in law couldn't have children after cancer treatment. Back then, as today, adopting an infant was wildly expensive with no aid programs to offset the costs, and you needn't be a home owner over a monetary threshold for IVF.
Aside from being glad my husband is here, I'm also glad his mother had control over reproductive choices despite squeamishness some may have over how he was conceived.

I also don't give a rip what your religion considers natural, and find it no more abhorrent than treatments for infertility or comprehensive natal imaging and treatments, which are also 'unnatural' (ie human tools).

I'd be willing to have a dialogue about nonmedical cosmetic or eugenics and why I think they're harmful, but that doesn't extend to 'let nature take its course by banning IVF' anymore than 'let nature take its course by banning antibiotics.'
oh there you go talking sense.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
That has been a theory for a long time in particilular groups whom have power and want to keep it all in the family..
Many people want to breed for exclusive traits like intelligence, physical fitness , health, good lines etc.

Jonathan Bailey

old.jpg

Adopting infants should not be expensive at all. There is no-prenatal care costs for the family adopting, of course. The baby is already born. One can also adopt an older walking child if they are not too selfish or impatient. Adopt even a child that is already past the nastiness of diaper changing and toilet training. Does one need an infant just to be able to take cute baby pictures? If you are really Christian, adopt a handicapped child. Of course, being of good financial means should be one of the requirements of adoption. Slum homes are no places for children.

David T

Premium Member
Many people want to breed for exclusive traits like intelligence, physical fitness , health, good lines etc.
So what domesticated pet do you want to be? Interestingly autism is extremely high in births at microsoft. Its thought due to self selection.. Now i think autistic folks are fine. But a whole planet?
I dont know seems like 13 billion years of evolution may be superior to 3 generations of say the scientific process of bovine artifical insemination being applied to humans. I mean what possibly could go wrong?

Last edited:

Jonathan Bailey

That is good. People who were born deformed or retarded inbreds themselves should absolutely not continue their own kind. Humans should breed like expensive pedigreed hunting dogs. Very selectively. Weed out serious genetic defects and health issues. I still say make babies naturally but watch the world population stats as well. In animal husbandry they call it natural cover. Just select breeding partners voluntarily. If you are of good breeding stock, make a maximum of two babies and no more. After the second, the man should get his pipes cut. I do believe in contraception and vasectomy is the safest and healthiest form.

The reason I would never adopt dogs from shelters or rescues is because of the spay/neuter requirement. I would not spay a b_tch but seek a vet who does canine vasectomies for male dogs. I always own dogs as a pair. The male and the female can breed for recreation but the relationship would remain totally sterile with no puppies if the male is snipped. When animals retain their gonads, they maintain a healthy body weight, nice appearance, fitness, field performance if they are hunting dogs, etc. The b_tch will never roam and get pregnant because I keep my dogs well secured in the yard. If the male with the vasectomy gets out, he will never knock a b_tch up.

I have bought dogs, labrador retriever pups, from BYB that were pedigreed and my mother bought a cute small puppy from a private sale that was mixed. They all made excellent pet-quality animals and none of them had serious health issues.

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
That is good. People who were born deformed or retarded inbreds themselves should absolutely not continue their own kind. Humans should breed like expensive pedigreed hunting dogs. Very selectively. Weed out serious genetic defects and health issues. I still say make babies naturally but watch the world population stats as well. In animal husbandry they call it natural cover. Just select breeding partners voluntarily. If you are of good breeding stock, make a maximum of two babies and no more. After the second, the man should get his pipes cut. I do believe in contraception and vasectomy is the safest and healthiest form.
sort out the rotten apples...…

and then what?.....sterilize the bad seed?
government control?

and the occasional surprise even when both parents seem excellent
what then?
put the baby down?

sounds like a bad science fiction plot

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member

Whilst I sympathise with promoting adoption to help the needy children find loving homes.
I don’t know. All this emphasis placed on how wonderful creating babies is, does have the potential to create a scenario where a woman might not feel like she is a “real woman” unless she has her own progeny. Even if that means resorting to IVF.
A man might feel like a failure if he is unable to properly contribute to said creation, and resort to other methods to feel less emasculated.

As for designer babies, well, okay that’s a little weird. But then again, perhaps such techniques could be used to help reduce genetic diseases in future generations. So I can see the potential for good.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
*sitting in a chair in a university library*

Wait, there's a way to make kids smarter???

I'm for it! I don't care what's involved!

*goes and yells at a kid-shaped cloud*

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Seriously: if people aren't going to stop having kids, they might as well start doing it better.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member

What about organ transplants, tissue grafting and using dead microbes to initiate immunity?

Jonathan Bailey

Whilst I sympathise with promoting adoption to help the needy children find loving homes.
I don’t know. All this emphasis placed on how wonderful creating babies is, does have the potential to create a scenario where a woman might not feel like she is a “real woman” unless she has her own progeny. Even if that means resorting to IVF.
A man might feel like a failure if he is unable to properly contribute to said creation, and resort to other methods to feel less emasculated.

As for designer babies, well, okay that’s a little weird. But then again, perhaps such techniques could be used to help reduce genetic diseases in future generations. So I can see the potential for good.

People should learn to put aside their gender-based emotions and become rational sensible human beings whether male or female. I'm a man with a deep voice and all my man parts. That I've never made a baby and never will makes me feel no less like a man. If you want to be a real woman, adopt a child and cook, clean for him/her. Comb their hair. Teach them to count and say their ABCs. Keep their jacket on so they don't catch pneumonia outside in the snow. If you want to be a real man, adopt a child; get off your behind and go to work to provide for that child. Discipline that child. Spank and scold as needed. Raising your adopted children good and proper will make you feel proud as parents: the pride doesn't come from merely implanting your own genes in the child. Any bonehead moron can reproduce. Push your children, even adopted ones, to succeed. Motivate them toward academic achievement. Home environment more than DNA composition is often what makes or breaks children.

Last edited:

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
sort out the rotten apples...…

and then what?.....sterilize the bad seed?
government control?

and the occasional surprise even when both parents seem excellent
what then?
put the baby down?

sounds like a bad science fiction plot
That's the thing about mutations. They can crop up in the best of families.

I guess that or get them sterilized, because artificial insemination is unnatural, but sterilization is OK?