• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I don`t understand the concept of only one GOD.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
You and I share that image of God.
But not all deists do. I've conversed with some, including here on RF, who seem to see God very much like the Abrahamic God(separate from and higher than) Creation. They just don't think God meddles, or changes His Mind, or things like that the way Abrahamic theists generally do.
Tom

That us humans...... give it a century or so and there will be a hundred differing versions of the word Deist. :)
But since there are about 3000 differing Christian churches and creeds we have a long way to go.

Ebionite

I struggle to understand those who believe there is only one God. I see it as natural that there are many Gods, Buddhas, and Daos in other dimensions. Just like there are many human beings on earth.
AFAIK the idea of one "God" began in the Babylonian exile as a way of the Hebrews rationalizing their loss of status. Since Elohim (aka God) was used to describe deity in general, they could avoid the idea that YHWH had chosen not to defend them against the Babylonians. In other words they abandoned Yahwism in favour of Elohism.

Last edited by a moderator: