• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I don`t understand the concept of only one GOD.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I struggle to understand those who believe there is only one God. I see it as natural that there are many Gods, Buddhas, and Daos in other dimensions. Just like there are many human beings on earth.

What is your thought about this?
This world appearance is a confusion: even as the blueness of the sky is an optical illusion.
I think it is better not to let the mind dwell on it, but to ignore it.

74x12

I struggle to understand those who believe there is only one God. I see it as natural that there are many Gods, Buddhas, and Daos in other dimensions. Just like there are many human beings on earth.

Had to be original Creator. Higher than all.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

Although I don't believe it personally, I also understand that people can have any of a wide variety of beliefs. So in the sense that anything is possible, I do understand it.

I think what you meant to say is you don't believe in it, as intellectually it's a fairly easy concept to understand.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
The trouble is that there's no evidence for that being.

It isn't that there isn't any evidence.... it is interpreting the evidence that differs. Like two doctors looking at the same symptoms but coming up with two different diagnosis.

Iymus

Originator or Source. Owner of Intelligent design. One of Supreme Authority and Will.

One who has a patent on Creation.

One above all with the lesser originating from the greater.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Originator or Source. Owner of Intelligent design. One of Supreme Authority and Will.

O one entity, the only entity that we are living on as Nature support and human life support.

Place self anywhere else and we do not exist One God O, One planet, and One entity O stone....Planet Earth.

The will of God, free will, not forced will, freedom of life to be lived totally supported without control.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Had to be original Creator. Higher than all.
I don't claim to know much about Buddhism. But there is a concept I believe is called Wu Wei. The ocean. The lowest of the low. All things flow to the sea, not because it's highest thing. But because it's the lowest.

That's the way I see God. Not the highest pinnacle we humans can perceive, but the foundation of it all. The Ground of Being.
Tom

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn

I can understand why humans would create such a God image. Especially primitive humans, who couldn't conceive of anything higher than a human king with superpowers.

I don't see it that way. My god image is more like gravity than a king. Perfect. Eternal. Changeless. Gravity doesn't want anything, or plan anything, or care about anything. But from hydrogen atoms to galactic clusters, everything dances to gravity's tune.

I see God as like that.
Tom

Etritonakin

Even in biblical scripture, the "one true God" is making more gods! (I said "Ye are gods...")
However, he will always be the God of all others -because he was first -the original -the most high -the beginning and end, etc., etc.
One way to look at it is that God is the sum of all -and we are only a portion -essentially made FROM him -not just BY him.
God's position gives him power over all (that he is).

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
The number of believers at any given time is equal to the number of gods., and no two gods are alike.
Yeah, this.

People create gods in their own image. Nobody really knows anything. Some people Believe that they do, that their personal God image is more true than other people's. But they don't really know what they're talking about.
Humans can't. We're just not that smart or perceptive.

Tom

Iymus

I don't see it that way. My god image is more like gravity than a king. Perfect. Eternal. Changeless. Gravity doesn't want anything, or plan anything, or care about anything. But from hydrogen atoms to galactic clusters, everything dances to gravity's tune.

Not wanting anything, planing anything, or caring about anything?

Is Gravity being likened to without purpose: Not wanting anything, planing anything, or caring about anything?

Essentially unlike a King, God is more like Gravity without purpose but everything revolving around him?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Not wanting anything, planing anything, or caring about anything?

Is Gravity being likened to without purpose: Not wanting anything, planing anything, or caring about anything?

Essentially unlike a King, God is more like Gravity without purpose but everything revolving around him?
Yeah, that's pretty much it.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not suggesting that gravity is God or anything. Just that God is more like gravity than the usual Abrahamic sky king with superpowers(with lots of human flaws and emotions and such).
Tom

Iymus

Yeah, that's pretty much it.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not suggesting that gravity is God or anything. Just that God is more like gravity than the usual Abrahamic sky king with superpowers(with lots of human flaws and emotions and such).
Tom

Yes. I understand your words I just wanted clarification.

Is God considered greater than us?

We being lesser than God have a purpose or intention but God being Superior has none and has no concern we all just orbit around him?
If this is the case wouldn't we also not have a purpose or intention just like God since we are lesser? Or is having purpose and intention considered inferior to not having intention and purpose?

rational experiences

Veteran Member
O is a body of stone a huge planet greater than any puny human bio life?

Yes. Seeing you have to be standing on the ONE and only planet that supports your bio life existing, and the ONE planet O Earth allows your consciousness to exist to talk.

But just because you talk does not mean you own...for you only own 1 puny human self.

Yet you congregate in groups and then enforce group bullying and lying behaviours and always had.....claiming I own everything including claiming that when you a puny human on the Earth talking about the cosmos in your egotism...I own everything I think about he says....because I give my human male self permission to do so, and in that group condition am supported by the group, versus every other natural single self.

And so single selves begin to realize the group mentality of disturbed inhumanity who lie by coercion in those groups. What we have always fought about.

So when you say to a group, okay you believe you can talk about bodies in space and powers in space...then leave Earth as humans and try to own it, where it exists, in its own place, in the condition where it got created.

And that male would whinge and say, I cannot...so instead I will falsify information and then forcibly coerce everyone to believe what I claim....which is what male groups do everyday.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Is God considered greater than us?
To me, this question doesn't quite make sense.

Which is greater, the topmost spire of a tree, building, or mountain?
Or the roots and bedrock that they stand upon?

None really, they're all part of a gigantic whole.

In a way, the invisible foundations are greater. In the sense that there cannot be a lofty point without a foundation. But that isn't what greater usually means to people talking in the vernacular.
Tom

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
We being lesser than God have a purpose or intention but God being Superior has none and has no concern we all just orbit around him?
No, not really, in my view.
Earth doesn't revolve around gravity. Gravity just is. It's the reason the earth revolves around the sun, and the solar system revolves around the center of the galaxy, and....
Tom

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
There may be a dimension where God(s) hang out. In fact, I suspect the answer to "why are we here?" is that it's a part of a grand experiment to find other candidates for immortality (what is really meant by being "saved").

However, our universe ("turned into" "one" ) comes from a centralized point.

Spacetime+Singularity.jpg

I guess it depends on the definition. In Christianity, though we believe there is one God, we still acknowledge those who have made themselves gods.

Example: Satan is the god of this world; we can be our own gods; you can make money your god.

But, what we mean by one God is that there is on God who created all thing and all things were created by Him.

Lie. Satan is not the god of this world. Regardless of what anyone might say.

Isaiah 45:7 says that God creates light AND darkness.

Satan is not responsible for evil, he is only responsible for two things, allowing temptations, and making accusations. Now these temptations can lead humans down very dark paths, but as Jesus himself tells us in the parable of the wicked tenants, those influenced by evil who govern this world are temporary tenants. They're placeholders until Jesus comes to rule.

Yes, it seems like Satan is in charge, but he has no authority. Humans (often influenced by sin) rule, while the owner appears to be gone. But the god of this world is God. Also, Satan is not a god. He is an angel.

25 Encouraging Scripture Verses that Prove God IS IN CONTROL

Last edited:

Iymus

To me, this question doesn't quite make sense.

Which is greater, the topmost spire of a tree, building, or mountain?
Or the roots and bedrock that they stand upon?

None really, they're all part of a gigantic whole.

In a way, the invisible foundations are greater. In the sense that there cannot be a lofty point without a foundation. But that isn't what greater usually means to people talking in the vernacular.
Tom

Shouldn't the foundation or origin have to be greater to hold everything together. Concerning life or existence that is what I mean.