• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I do hope it holds.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Trump voices frustration with soaring COVID-19 totals: 'Cases, cases, cases!'
....In a certain way, our tremendous Testing success gives the Fake News Media all they want, CASES. In the meantime, Deaths and the all important Mortality Rate goes down. You don’t hear about that from the Fake News, and you never will. Anybody need any Ventilators???

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 4, 2020

Now as far as I get it, the infection rate is going up percentage wise among those test. I.e. per 100 tested there are more positive cases and fewer negative cases.
But still, I hope that the Mortality Rate don't go up.

All my love and hope to all of you Americans and that include all Americans.

Last edited:

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Only an ignoramus thinks that caseload isn't important and that death is the only bad consequence humans suffer from getting an illness. Never mind that the New York Times and other outlets literally display cases and deaths side by side for everyone in the data they present.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
You definitely don't have to worry about the morality rate going up anytime soon. ;)

I think the culprit here is oxygen. It gets everyone hooked at an early age, and the only way to kick the habit is to die.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Trump appears to be forgetting (probably wilfully) that a lot of these cases are new -- and death is a consequence that can often take a fair while with this disease. Thus, the number of new cases should right now be a fairly accurate predictor of the number of deaths yet to come. Sad.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Trump appears to be forgetting (probably wilfully) that a lot of these cases are new -- and death is a consequence that can often take a fair while with this disease. Thus, the number of new cases should right now be a fairly accurate predictor of the number of deaths yet to come. Sad.

Well, it has been pointed out that this time around it seems to be more young people, who are getting hitting, hence lower mortality rate and that the doctors have been getting better at keeping people alive. So indeed the mortality rate might be lower the second time around.
Not that it is good as such in the overall picture or an excuse for the behavior of Trump, but the facts are the facts, whatever they are.

ecco

Veteran Member
The death rate is down. But that's nothing to crow about. Many of the early deaths came from people in confined areas like nursing homes where there were mostly frail people and little understanding of the disease.

Now, nursing homes have been cleaned up and the rest of us old folks stay at home and have groceries delivered. So, yes, deaths are down.

Now that things have opened up again the new areas for the spread are bars and other group meeting places like churches, rallies and concerts. Many of those are places where younger people concentrate.

From where we are today, I don't see the death rate going down for months to come. I do see the death age going down.

pearl

From where we are today, I don't see the death rate going down for months to come. I do see the death age going down.

And now there is new concerns of the lengthy after affects of the virus which may be problematic moths after.

ecco

Veteran Member
And now there is new concerns of the lengthy after affects of the virus which may be problematic moths after.

Delirium, PTSD, brain fog: The aftermath of surviving COVID-19
For patients who become seriously ill with COVID-19, survival may only mark the start of a complex recovery path.

Along with potentially coping with cardiac, pulmonary and other physical effects, psychologists report that patients may have to sort through cognitive changes, such as difficulties with attention and memory, as well as mental health symptoms for months to come. Some difficulties, such as post-traumatic stress disorder, may be rooted in their experiences with hospital care and intensive care treatments. Psychologists fear that other challenges, such as survivor guilt, may flare once patients are discharged into a world still reeling from the virus.​