• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I disagree with President Trump

Should the U.S. withdraw from Afghanistan?

• Yes, as soon as possible

Votes: 12 92.3%
  • No, keep the troops there to prevent a Taliban take over

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

Shaul

Premium Member
I disagree with President Trump on how he is handling Afghanistan. It is time for a withdrawal of U.S. forces from Afghanistan.

Last edited:

Anthem

It's the new trend. With draw with darw with draw.

95% can't tell what the **** for. Unless Fox told them :tearsofjoy:

Shaul

Premium Member
It's the new trend. With draw with darw with draw.

95% can't tell what the **** for. Unless Fox told them :tearsofjoy:
I’m not familiar with Fox’s editorial take on Afghanistan withdrawal. I don’t watch Fox much, hardly ever. I can’t remember that last time I watched Fox News.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I’m not familiar with Fox’s editorial take on Afghanistan withdrawal. I don’t watch Fox much, hardly ever. I can’t remember that last time I watched Fox News.

FOX is critical of Trump's action in Afghanistan.

In his first major foreign policy speech in prime time, Mr. Trump unveiled what he called a new strategy for Afghanistan and South Asia, which he called “principled realism.” But many of its key components remain infuriatingly vague, such as the number of additional troops he intends to deploy in Afghanistan and how much more money -- if any -- he intends to spend there. Moreover, some of the goals he espoused Monday night seemed inherently contradictory.
Trump's new bottom line: Don't lose Afghanistan by withdrawing

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I disagree with President Trump on how he is handling Afghanistan. It is time for a withdrawal of U.S. forces from Afghanistan.

I always wonder what the real story is. I mean why are we really in Afghanistan. Probably not for reasons promoted by the government.

74x12

I always wonder what the real story is. I mean why are we really in Afghanistan. Probably not for reasons promoted by the government.
Educated guess: The denial of resources to enemies and the exploitation of resources.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
We went into there because of 911. I'm really conflicted. We messed it up because of shifting resources to Iraq and ignoring opportunities back in the early 2000's. From the little I've seen recently I'm not convinced we're doing a very good job there.

But I don't want to see the terrorists running a country and using it to stage attacks on the West.

So I have a slight preference for staying there to deny them a safe haven.

Shaul

Premium Member
FOX is critical of Trump's action in Afghanistan.

In his first major foreign policy speech in prime time, Mr. Trump unveiled what he called a new strategy for Afghanistan and South Asia, which he called “principled realism.” But many of its key components remain infuriatingly vague, such as the number of additional troops he intends to deploy in Afghanistan and how much more money -- if any -- he intends to spend there. Moreover, some of the goals he espoused Monday night seemed inherently contradictory.
Trump's new bottom line: Don't lose Afghanistan by withdrawing
As are a host of left leaning media sources. Which implies Fox is not as right leaning biased as some say.

Shaul

Premium Member
We went into there because of 911. I'm really conflicted. We messed it up because of shifting resources to Iraq and ignoring opportunities back in the early 2000's. From the little I've seen recently I'm not convinced we're doing a very good job there.

But I don't want to see the terrorists running a country and using it to stage attacks on the West.

So I have a slight preference for staying there to deny them a safe haven.
Do you really think the Taliban don’t already control most of Afghanistan?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It's a very difficult thing. On one hand drawn out military campaigns are damaging for all involved. On the other we have Pakistan, which has both nuclear weapons and the Taliban. It may be that "preventative care" has gotten America stuck in this position for the foreseeable future.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
You think the Taliban would get nuclear weapons if the U.S. withdrew from Afghanistan? That is silly.
No. It's more of a "if they get them" sort of thing. Not that if statements will happen, but in this case there is an unusually severe risk involved if there is sufficient military strength to put down such a thing before it becomes an international catastrophe. Iraq has already shown us just a small taste of how great of a predicament these situations are.
There is no easy answer.

sealchan

Putting money in someone's pocket...following the model of Russia...who knows. His policies in general don't make any sense and cause more harm than good.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Do you really think the Taliban don’t already control most of Afghanistan?
Most? I don't think so. Quite a bit? Yes. But do we really want them to take it all over and start up the terrorist training camps again? I don't think so. Maybe our tactics should change there.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Most? I don't think so. Quite a bit? Yes. But do we really want them to take it all over and start up the terrorist training camps again? I don't think so. Maybe our tactics should change there.
That exactly. There is a major potential for global catastrophe in Pakistan. The Taliban has too much power as it is, and they are some of the absolute last people we want getting control over Pakistan's nuclear arsonal. "Iraq v.3" is not what we need in Pakistan, but maintaining a large enough military presence in neighboring nations to allow for a quicker and more efficient deployment may be about the only thing we can do to be as ready as possible should it appear things are getting worse and the Taliban working towards having control over the nukes.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
There must be a reason for staying if he doesn't have troops withdrawal.