• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I dated this fine young lady

FFH

Veteran Member
KSL.com - Nadine Wimmer

She's referred to as "Deanie" Wimmer, among her friends and family. She's about 5' 2" tall and was an unlikely candidate to be a co-anchor with "giants" in the industry such as Dick Nourse.

I met her after being set up, by a mutual friend of both of ours, for a blind date... I was so shy at the time and hardly spoke, but she was so lovely and refined, even at such a young age, in high school...

I was a senior, attending Highland High, and she was a sophomore at East High, in Salt Lake...

She wanted to continue to date, but I was unwilling...

All I had was an old 65' Volkswagen Bug and thought it not proper to take her out in such a pile of junk, although to me it was like driving a Mercedes Benz, in those days, I was just happy/excited to have a car.

She had money, I did'nt, and felt inadequate, and felt I could not properly date her...

She hasn't changed a bit, she still looks the same as the day I met her in high school over 20 years ago...

I haven't changed much either, and look pretty much the same too, and look very similar to her, only male of course, hehe, and a bit taller 5' 10".

I sometimes wonder if I was supposed to go out with her again, but I really didn't have the means to date anyone at the time, and we were just too oposite of one another, but she's great, a real loving, respectful, genuine, kind and caring person..

She's not a fake in any way, she's the real deal. What you see is what you get with her..

She uses a booster seat to make her seem as tall as Dick. hehe...

Her sister is over 6 feet tall and blonde...and lovely as well...I actually know her a better, because one of my friends from high school ended up marrying her, as a result of a blind date, set up by the same person, who set Deanie and I up.

Deanie's co-anchor: Dick Nourse - News anchor for KSL-TV, Salt Lake City, Utah

Deanie, of course, was not even alive when Dick started with KSL...

An unlikely news anchor team..

Here they are (Dick and Deanie) together in the beginning of this news broadcast..

KSL- News Report ~Mountain Meadows Massacre Movie ~

We both, of course, grew up watching Dick Nourse on KSL, he's like a permanent figure of KSL news and nearly died of cancer quite a few years back. He's a walking modern day miracle/cancer surviver...

He's proof there's life after cancer, which can be beat if you have faith and a good doctor of course....