• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I cried out to God

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I rarely get emotional since I am usually very stoic, but there are some exceptions.

I was at the end of my rope last night so I did what I sometimes do when I have reached the end of my rope. I cried out to God and told Him I cannot go on like this anymore and then I asked Him when He was going to help me.
Now I wait.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I rarely get emotional since I am usually very stoic, but there are some exceptions.

I was at the end of my rope last night so I did what I sometimes do when I have reached the end of my rope. I cried out to God and told Him I cannot go on like this anymore and then I asked Him when He was going to help me.
Now I wait.
Sorry to hear about your struggle, i agree that asking God is a wise descision :)

Hope you recieve the sign you waiting for.

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
It is debatable whether God helps anyone. ;)

I see God as perfection. You cry out to God to see to it to try to fix your life and make it more perfect. In many ways this is similar to the power of suggestion, like hypnotherapy. If you believe enough, God will give you a sign. If you choose to accept that sign, your life will improve.

While I don't believe in a personal God, like the Baha'is deeply do, I have cried out to God, and after I "received" his advice, I didn't fully understand it and ultimately rejected it. That was around the point my life went into a deep decline. I dropped out of college, moved back into my parents, and now instead of living the American Dream I am on the dole. If I had listened to God, which I now understand the advice given better in hindsight, I probably would have a normal life with responsibilities.

The largest piece of this puzzle was missing due to the fact that I decided to remove myself from depakote, a miracle drug for me, in college. I now believe God was trying to tell me to stay on it. Ultimately the advice I got was essentially to just be myself and good things will come to me naturally. I rejected it and forged my own path, which I regret to this day. I had friends, I was working towards an advanced degree and I was respected by many people at my University. Things were easy because I had my own dorm room.

You will get a message from God. I see this message to come from your natural instincts, rather than God. If you listen to yourself, or God, you should be able to have some foresight and understand what to do from there.

Good luck.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Now I wait.

Don't rely on your god belief to help. Try and solve your own problems, if it works out you can thank your god if it makes you feel better.

And indo hope you can solve your problems

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
It is debatable whether God helps anyone. ;)
Of course. I'm an atheist.

Buttt...

With our ability for introspection, it never hurts to have a conversation and have a plan of action with me, myself, and I. Its a perfect team and all characters are completely customizable too.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.

Now I wait.

My advice to you is to figure out a way to solve your problems on your own and don't rely on God to help you. I say that as a survivor of childhood abuse who prayed to God for years while growing up, asking him to save me from being abused and bullied, but I still suffered 13 1/2 years of abuse at home and 12 years of bullying and harassment while in school. Personally speaking, I'm much better off dealing with my own problems than waiting around for any help from God that will never come. After several years of praying for help and deliverance, I finally accepted the fact that either God doesn't give a rat's behind about me or what I've suffered in my life or else he doesn't exist at all. If he exists and allows me (and countless other children) to be abused and does nothing to stop it, then he isn't worthy of the title "heavenly father," because a good father would never turn a blind eye to their children being abused by other people, nor would he abuse and mistreat his own children. And in my view, God shouldn't be called loving, just, and merciful either.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Now I wait.

Sorry to read that. I know that you've been struggling with personal matters lately. I wish I could help.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

Now I wait.

Are you waiting and listening to what He said you should do?

One think I know (in light of my signature) - He wants to help but what are we asking?

Do hope that you find the open door of deliverance

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Do you think I have not already tried that? I only cry out to God when I am at the end of my rope because I can't solve my own problems.

I don't know what you've tried but i wish there was some way we can help.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
My advice to you is to figure out a way to solve your problems on your own and don't rely on God to help you.
I do not rely only upon God, I just hope He can help me...
I am trying to solve my problems but some of them are not solve-able.
I have the will but I don't have a way. There isn't always a way even if there is a will.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Are you waiting and listening to what He said you should do?

One think I know (in light of my signature) - He wants to help but what are we asking?

Do hope that you find the open door of deliverance
I never ask for anything in particular because I know that God knows what I need.