• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I can't decide where to go !

ronki23

Next year I intend to do 1 or 2 trips followed by 1 or 2 trips the year after. I don't want to do more than 3 trips in 2 years so I've got to choose between:

Japan and South Korea (March/April)
North India (Diwali)
Maharastra (Aurangabad) and South India (January/February)
Cologne, Berlin,Munich and Amsterdam (November/December)

One of these will need to be cut so which 3 should I do ???

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member

Cologne, Berlin, Munich & Amsterdam (November/December)
If you go to Germany in Nov/Dec, dress warm! Try to get to the Alps! And go see Neuschwanstein!

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Next year I intend to do 1 or 2 trips followed by 1 or 2 trips the year after. I don't want to do more than 3 trips in 2 years so I've got to choose between:

North India (Diwali)
Cologne, Berlin,Munich and Amsterdam (November/December)

One of these will need to be cut so which 3 should I do ???

I went with my family to Berlin and Munich just prior to COVID (along with a bunch of other mainland Europe locales). We all really enjoyed it, and it was probably our favourite part of the trip (which was somewhat unexpected).

Haven't been to the other places mentioned, so no comment on those.

ronki23

Cologne, Berlin, Munich & Amsterdam (November/December)
If you go to Germany in Nov/Dec, dress warm! Try to get to the Alps! And go see Neuschwanstein!

I went with my family to Berlin and Munich just prior to COVID (along with a bunch of other mainland Europe locales). We all really enjoyed it, and it was probably our favourite part of the trip (which was somewhat unexpected).

Haven't been to the other places mentioned, so no comment on those.

One reason I want to do Germany is the Christmas or Easter Markets

ronki23

I guess Japan/South Korea and North India are equally important so they aren't replaceable. So I need help picking a third trip:

On one hand, if I go to Germany and Amsterdam I get to see the Christmas and Easter Markets and travel on the ICE trains. Less flying involved too. @Hockeycowboy @lewisnotmiller

On the other hand if I go to South India I will get to see the Aurangbad/Ajanta Caves, Hyderabad's Islamic architecture, Mysore and Chennai: if I'm not mistaken Kanchipuram isn't very far from Chennai? The food is worth trying in the South.

@Aupmanyav have you been to South India ?

What do you think @Conscious thoughts ?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I guess Japan/South Korea and North India are equally important so they aren't replaceable. So I need help picking a third trip:

On one hand, if I go to Germany and Amsterdam I get to see the Christmas and Easter Markets and travel on the ICE trains. Less flying involved too. @Hockeycowboy @lewisnotmiller

On the other hand if I go to South India I will get to see the Aurangbad/Ajanta Caves, Hyderabad's Islamic architecture, Mysore and Chennai: if I'm not mistaken Kanchipuram isn't very far from Chennai? The food is worth trying in the South.

@Aupmanyav have you been to South India ?

What do you think @Conscious thoughts ?

Trains in Europe are the way to go. Fast, comfortable, timely and easy.

Having said that, I took a BMW out on the Autobahn in Munich, which was a worthwhile experience.

ronki23

Trains in Europe are the way to go. Fast, comfortable, timely and easy.

Having said that, I took a BMW out on the Autobahn in Munich, which was a worthwhile experience.

I haven't got the guts to go on the autobahn: I'd be doing 80 miles per hour at the most and that'd still annoy the hell out of people trying to overtake (or undertake) me

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I haven't got the guts to go on the autobahn: I'd be doing 80 miles per hour at the most and that'd still annoy the hell out of people trying to overtake (or undertake) me

Heh...actually, you'd be fine.

Stick to the far right (with the trucks/caravans) and you'd be fine.
I was floating between 80 and 100 for the most part. Long as I stayed out of the far left lane I was okay.

Roads are good, no aggro that I saw, and Germans pick their lane based on their speed, so it was easy to adjust to.

Getting a car with a good GPS, HUD helped, since I had plenty of notice for exits, etc, but everything is well marked.

I mean...I normally drive on the left side of the road, and I adjusted fine.

ronki23

Heh...actually, you'd be fine.

Stick to the far right (with the trucks/caravans) and you'd be fine.
I was floating between 80 and 100 for the most part. Long as I stayed out of the far left lane I was okay.

Roads are good, no aggro that I saw, and Germans pick their lane based on their speed, so it was easy to adjust to.

Getting a car with a good GPS, HUD helped, since I had plenty of notice for exits, etc, but everything is well marked.

I mean...I normally drive on the left side of the road, and I adjusted fine.

What did you enjoy in Munich ? My German friend from Köln doesn't like Munich because he finds it to be 'boring and overpriced' although he recommends both Köln and Berlin (he prefers Berlin)

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
What did you enjoy in Munich ? My German friend from Köln doesn't like Munich because he finds it to be 'boring and overpriced' although he recommends both Köln and Berlin (he prefers Berlin)

Have to remember for me it was a family trip, and a small part of a larger European vacation, so not like we were based there for ever.

Didn't do much in Munich itself, we stayed on the edge. Went to Legoland and some massive water park, both of which were fun, particularly the water park.

Berlin we were more central. Lots of historical things, but all of us found them interesting. Plus the place just had kinda a cool and somewhat familiar vibe. Felt a little like Melbourne in some ways, which surprised us.