• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I can prove that an omnipotent God wants some people to be gay

InChrist

Free4ever
You know his word to be truthful?
I know it to be truthful, but then I’ve spent years checking it out and have seen God’s faithfulness. I don’t expect or think you should believe me though.

But when He, the Spirit of truth has come He will guide you into all truth...
John 16:13

Last edited:

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I know it to be truthful, but then I’ve spent years checking it out and have seen God’s faithfulness. I don’t expect or think you should believe me though.

But when He, the Spirit of truth has come He will guide you into all truth...
John 16:13

So...you know His mind, right? Maybe not in all matters, but some?

I'm not saying being gay is natural or not disordered. I'm saying God wants people to be gay and God is responsible for them being gay, and I can prove that it is obvious, if an omnipotent God does indeed exist.

Oh dear, this is so misled it is almost sad. (I don't mean this as to be rude) This may be a bait post, but I'm going to post an answer nevertheless.

You misunderstand the nature of free will and choice. God values free choice above all else, God is the standard of morality and the only way that someone can justify objective morality. God created mankind with free will and God tells them what is okay and what is not okay to do. There is a difference between God KNOWING that people will decide to be gay, and God WANTING people to be gay. If no people at any point chose to be gay, then would mankind truly have free choice? The decision is up to them in the end. You might as well blame every war, every struggle, every heartache that has ever been on God, given your point of view that is. As I said, you misunderstand the inherent nature of free choice.

Here's the difference.
Murder is a choice. It consistently causes great harm.

Homosexuality is not. I tried very hard to be straight, but it didn't work.

Having sex is a choice, but it isn't inherently harmful. I would argue that responsible sex is a good thing. Irresponsible straight sex is more harmful than irresponsible gay sex, due to the tendency to create new humans who won't be cared for properly. Heck, sometimes the parents just kill them before they're even born.
Tom

Having homosexual inclinations is not in itself sinful. What is wrong is homosexual actions. If you are homosexual then God calls you to celibacy. Homosexual acts DO cause harm to God, it is against natural law. God is the standard of morality and no one can justify objective morality without his existence. I would agree that abortion is FAR worse than homosexuality, therefore I would also agree with your statement that irresponsible straight sex is worse than homosexual sex. However, just because irresponsible straight sex is wrong does not in itself make homosexual acts okay. That's like a little kid that just got caught taking a cookie from the cookie jar saying that his actions are okay because his friend robbed a bank earlier. That kind of logic just doesn't hold up.