• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I can prove that an omnipotent God wants some people to be gay

Spiderman

Veteran Member

I'm not saying being gay is natural or not disordered. I'm saying God wants people to be gay and God is responsible for them being gay, and I can prove that it is obvious, if an omnipotent God does indeed exist.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I'm not seeing anything like proof.
Proof is evidence that is compelling to me.
Tom
if I were God and I wanted everyone to be hetrosexual and I hated homosexuality then I could make them hetrosexual and give them heterosexuality.

I knew a gay Christian who wanted with all of his heart to be heterosexual and prayed and begged God for that gift ...in fact I've known multiple of them.

God left them gay, and if I were God I would have granted them heterosexuality.

Therefore, God wants them to be gay and that is obvious. And as far as I'm concerned, what is obvious and cannot be refuted is proof.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
That's kinda what I thought.

If you were God....

Tom
if God refuses to give people the gift of heterosexuality when they asked him and beg him for it, that is because God wants them to be gay because he could effortlessly make them straight. Therefore I just proved my point.

Milton Platt

I'm not saying being gay is natural or not disordered. I'm saying God wants people to be gay and God is responsible for them being gay, and I can prove that it is obvious, if an omnipotent God does indeed exist.

It is really simple. Supposedly the god created everything, controls everything, foresees everything. Some people are gay, therefore that is a part of the god's plan......unless the god is so weak that his plan blew up???

Spiderman

Veteran Member
It is really simple. Supposedly the god created everything, controls everything, foresees everything. Some people are gay, therefore that is a part of the god's plan......unless the god is so weak that his plan blew up???
If God is so weak that his plan blew up, then that is not an omnipotent God.

If God is omnipotent, then he wants many people to be gay and that is obvious.

InChrist

Free4ever

I think the only thing that’s obvious is that you obviously are not God. I don’t believe you even have a clue why God gives beneficial moral guidance to live by, yet such a great gift of freedom to people as He allows things to occur as the do in this fallen world.

InChrist

Free4ever
if God refuses to give people the gift of heterosexuality when they asked him and beg him for it, that is because God wants them to be gay because he could effortlessly make them straight. Therefore I just proved my point.
It doesn’t prove your point. And how do you as a finite creature presume to know what an infinite Being “wants”? Especially when you are presuming to outright contradict what God says He wants in His revealed scriptures.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
It doesn’t prove your point. And how do you as a finite creature presume to know what an infinite Being “wants”? Especially when you are presuming to outright contradict what God says He wants in His revealed scriptures.

People presume to know what an infinite being wants literally ALL THE TIME.
They frame laws, social conventions and cultural norms around this 'knowledge'.

You can disagree with his take, that's fine. But it's a little rich hearing a Christian chide someone for presuming to know the mind of God.

lostwanderingsoul

Just because God does not stop people from being gay does not prove he wants them to be gay. God could also stop people from killing other people but that does not mean he wants them to kill other people.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I don't think there's conclusive evidence to say one way or another.

Perhaps you will understand it this way @PopeADope - homosexuality is a subject that I'd be willing to wrestle with God on.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm saying God wants people to be gay and God is responsible for them being gay

Whose, and which God? The God I pray to doesn't give a rat's hoo-ha about who sleeps with whom. Why should he?

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Well maybe there is more than one god because the one I pray to says if two men sllep together in a sexual way they should be put to death.

So should they? That's a benevolent God, one worth following and worshiping? :confused: No, that's something we call a rakshasa or asura, an evil being ("demon" to western religion followers) at odds and in conflict with the Gods. Rather, I suspect he's simply been slandered and been made a pawn by people through the millennia who want to have it their way.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Just because God does not stop people from being gay does not prove he wants them to be gay. God could also stop people from killing other people but that does not mean he wants them to kill other people.
Here's the difference.
Murder is a choice. It consistently causes great harm.

Homosexuality is not. I tried very hard to be straight, but it didn't work.

Having sex is a choice, but it isn't inherently harmful. I would argue that responsible sex is a good thing. Irresponsible straight sex is more harmful than irresponsible gay sex, due to the tendency to create new humans who won't be cared for properly. Heck, sometimes the parents just kill them before they're even born.
Tom

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Well maybe there is more than one god because the one I pray to says if two men sllep together in a sexual way they should be put to death.
Do you ever ask yourself why? Is it rational?

How plausible is it that God didn't say it, but rather it was Moses expressing a personal opinion and attributing it to God?
Tom