• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I can NEVER be a Jehovah's Witness! Here is why! I attend a JW Zoom meeting tomorrow though!

Dogknox20

Constantine's Council of Nicaea simply established the Trinity Doctrine in 325 A.D. It was Theodosius in 380 A.D. who made the Nicene Trinity doctrine church the legitimate Roman state church. It was Paul, and his false gospel of grace, which is the underpinning of the Roman church, along with the "worthless shepherd" (Zechariah 11:17), Peter. Constantine didn't build a basilica to Yeshua, he built a pagan cross shaped basilica for both Peter and Paul, the foundation of his Roman/gentile church. Peter, the "stumbling block", and Paul, he "that commits lawlessness", will find their end of power along with Constantine's church, at the end of the age (Matthew 13:41 & Daniel 7:25-26 & Matthew 7:27)), which will be "in that day" (Isaiah 22:25), which is the "day of the LORD" (Joel 2:31-32), the day of judgment (Joel 3:1-2).

Ignatius of Antioch A.D. 110
“Let no one do anything of concern to the Church without the bishop. Let that be considered a valid Eucharist which is celebrated by the bishop or by one whom he ordains [i.e., a presbyter]. Wherever the bishop appears, let the people be there; just as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church” (Letter to the Smyrneans 8:2 [A.D. 110]).
2ndpillar Eucharist is the Body and Blood of Jesus (as John 6 tells you)

2ndpillar DID YOU SEE IT?....... just as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church A.D. 110

The Martyrdom of Polycarp A.D. 155
And of the elect, he was one indeed, the wonderful martyr Polycarp, who in our days was an apostolic and prophetic teacher, bishop of the Catholic Church in Smyrna. For every word which came forth from his mouth was fulfilled and will be fulfilled” (Martyrdom of Polycarp 16:2 [A.D. 155]).

2ndpillar DID YOU SEE IT?...... apostolic and prophetic teacher, bishop of the Catholic Church A.D. 155

The Muratorian Canon A.D. 177
“Besides these [letters of Paul] there is one to Philemon, and one to Titus, and two to Timothy, in affection and love, but nevertheless regarded as holy in the Catholic Church, in the ordering of churchly discipline. There is also one [letter] to the Laodiceans and another to the Alexandrians, forged under the name of Paul, in regard to the heresy of Marcion, and there are several others which cannot be received by the Church, for it is not suitable that gall be mixed with honey. The epistle of Jude, indeed, and the two ascribed to John are received by the Catholic Church (Muratorian fragment [A.D. 177]).

2ndpillar ....regarded as holy in the Catholic Church A.D. 177

Tertullian A.D. 200
Where was [the heretic] Marcion, that shipmaster of Pontus, the zealous student of Stoicism? Where was Valentinus, the disciple of Platonism? For it is evident that those men lived not so long ago—in the reign of Antonius for the most part—and that they at first were believers in the doctrine of the Catholic Church, in the church of Rome under the episcopate of the blessed Eleutherius, until on account of their ever restless curiosity, with which they even infected the brethren, they were more than once expelled” (Demurrer Against the Heretics 30 [A.D. 200]).

2ndpillar Looks like you would be branded as a Heretic!

Bree

Bree Good question.. Simple answer...
Logic says.. The Son of God is God!
Logic says.. The Son of Mary is Man! Jesus is the Man God! Christians have ALWAYS taught; Jesus is God!

Arius was removed from among Christians when he taught; Jesus is not God!
Bree All who teach Jesus is NOT God are NOT Christian!
Bree Satan also rejects Jesus is God, Satan is Anti-Christian!

Show me where in the scriptures the Apostles teach that Jesus is God himself?

2ndpillar

Ignatius of Antioch A.D. 110
“Let no one do anything of concern to the Church without the bishop. Let that be considered a valid Eucharist which is celebrated by the bishop or by one whom he ordains [i.e., a presbyter]. Wherever the bishop appears, let the people be there; just as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church” (Letter to the Smyrneans 8:2 [A.D. 110]).
2ndpillar Eucharist is the Body and Blood of Jesus (as John 6 tells you)

2ndpillar DID YOU SEE IT?....... just as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church A.D. 110

The Martyrdom of Polycarp A.D. 155
And of the elect, he was one indeed, the wonderful martyr Polycarp, who in our days was an apostolic and prophetic teacher, bishop of the Catholic Church in Smyrna. For every word which came forth from his mouth was fulfilled and will be fulfilled” (Martyrdom of Polycarp 16:2 [A.D. 155]).

2ndpillar DID YOU SEE IT?...... apostolic and prophetic teacher, bishop of the Catholic Church A.D. 155

The Muratorian Canon A.D. 177
“Besides these [letters of Paul] there is one to Philemon, and one to Titus, and two to Timothy, in affection and love, but nevertheless regarded as holy in the Catholic Church, in the ordering of churchly discipline. There is also one [letter] to the Laodiceans and another to the Alexandrians, forged under the name of Paul, in regard to the heresy of Marcion, and there are several others which cannot be received by the Church, for it is not suitable that gall be mixed with honey. The epistle of Jude, indeed, and the two ascribed to John are received by the Catholic Church (Muratorian fragment [A.D. 177]).

2ndpillar ....regarded as holy in the Catholic Church A.D. 177

Tertullian A.D. 200
Where was [the heretic] Marcion, that shipmaster of Pontus, the zealous student of Stoicism? Where was Valentinus, the disciple of Platonism? For it is evident that those men lived not so long ago—in the reign of Antonius for the most part—and that they at first were believers in the doctrine of the Catholic Church, in the church of Rome under the episcopate of the blessed Eleutherius, until on account of their ever restless curiosity, with which they even infected the brethren, they were more than once expelled” (Demurrer Against the Heretics 30 [A.D. 200]).

2ndpillar Looks like you would be branded as a Heretic!

The "Eucharist", as used in the last supper, performed at the feast of Unleavened Bread, which the church did away with at the Council of Nicaea, was represented by the bread without leaven, the "Word of God", in as much as the leaven of the Pharisee, as in the message of Paul, was not present, and the wine, which was to represent the blood, wherein the Spirit of God resides. The "Word of God" without the "Spirit of revelation"/anointing, will not produce good fruit. Without good fruit, the tree is cut down and thrown into the fire (Matthew 3), which is to happen at the end of the age (Matthew 13:30 & 39-42)

As for your "church" "fathers", which you quote, after the "day of the Lord", the survivors of the nations/Gentiles will confess, "Our fathers have inherited nothing but falsehood" (Jeremiah 16:19). At the time of your quoted "writings", there was no church of the Roman empire. All you had during the time of Nero was warring "Christian" factions, one led by Peter and one led by Paul. Apparently Nero fixed the problem by killing Paul and Peter, and throwing Peter's followers out of Rome. The only church pontiff/pope, Pontifex Maximus, during that time, laid in the hands of the Augustus Caesars, who headed the Roman pagan church. By the way, what happened to the "heretics", such as Joan of Ark, and Galileo? Has the church yet been judged for those acts, and if not, when?

Last edited:

Dogknox20

Jesus is God...
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.
Bree The WORD made all things! What does logic tell you? and the Word was God.

14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.

The WORD became Man! and the Word was God.

18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

Bree and the Word was God.

Jesus knows beyond all doubt.. ONLY God is to be worshiped! Jesus told Satan this Matthew 4:10! They Worship Jesus!! NEVER....

Bree
never do you read Jesus correcting anyone saying "Don't worship me I am not God!" Jesus always allows those people around him to Worship Him! ONLY God is to be worshiped! IF...

Bree
if Jesus was not God he would be worse then Satan who wanted to be worshiped! Jesus would be committing the worst of all sins possible!
Look at John 20:28 Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”
29 Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.

Jesus does NOT correct Thomas! Fact is; Jesus takes it one step further... Jesus tells him Christians will be Blessed those who have not seen Jesus yet have Faith as Thomas has! Clearly those who do not have faith; Jesus is God will not be blessed!
I am NOT a Church father. I am a nobody.. I am NOT a scripture scholar think about this... The Early Church fathers thrashed this out long ago, they rejected Arianism as a lie! These Church fathers are Experts Christians have decided long ago "Jesus is God"! Charles Taze Russell in 1872 decided Jesus is NOT God to do this he had to reject Logic, Scriptures and Christian belief! Fact is he had to change words in the bible to conform to his teaching!

2ndpillar

Jesus is God...
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

If the "Word", the spirit of prophecy/spirit of revelation, was with God in the beginning, therefore having no beginning, and the "Word" made flesh had a beginning, how are they the same? I mean anyone can create their own fallacies, but where does that get you? Is it the son of man, who will rule the nations with a rod of iron (Revelation 19:15) and "appear in the sky" (Matthew 24;30), or is it the Lord God, who will appoint David as king after judging between the sheep (Ezekiel 34;20-23)? Is the Lord God a son of man, or is it "My servant David", a son of man, who will rule the nations/Gentiles with a "rod of iron", after the judgment of the Lord God?

2ndpillar

I am NOT a Church father. I am a nobody.. I am NOT a scripture scholar think about this... The Early Church fathers thrashed this out long ago, they rejected Arianism as a lie! These Church fathers are Experts Christians have decided long ago "Jesus is God"! Charles Taze Russell in 1872 decided Jesus is NOT God to do this he had to reject Logic, Scriptures and Christian belief! Fact is he had to change words in the bible to conform to his teaching!

After the "day of the LORD", "the day of distress", the survivors of the nations/Gentiles, will say, "our fathers have inherited nothing but falsehood" (Jeremiah 16:19). As for your "scholars", Yeshua said in Matthew 11:25, "Thou didst hide these things from the wise and intelligent and didst reveal them to babes", which kind of undermines your "scholars". Arianism wasn't struck down until the Council of Nicaea, convened by the 7th head of the beast, the "another king" of Daniel 7:25, Constantine, in 325 A.D., and apparently still lives today in non Roman Catholic denominations. Being among the "many", as are the Roman Catholic believers, following the "false prophets", is not a good thing (Matthew 7:13). That path according to Yeshua, leads to "destruction", or in the words of Isaiah 22;25, leads to being "cut off".

2ndpillar

Jesus made Peter his Shepherd the Man in CHARGE of God' flock!.. Peter strengthened the other Apostles! Peter spoke for Jesus in the Name of Jesus, with all the AUTHORITY of Jesus!
Peter is the Key Holder; Keys are a symbol of AUTHORUTY!

The holder of the keys of David, per Isaiah 22:22-25, will in "that day", the "day of the LORD", be "cut off", and his followers, those who hang on him, will be "cut off". Both Peter (Zechariah 11:17), the "worthless shepherd", and Paul, the shepherd called "Favor", referring to his false gospel of grace, where taken by the Lord God to "pasture the flock (gentile church) doomed for slaughter", and both, along with Judas, the 3rd shepherd of Zechariah 11:12-13, were "annihilated" in one month/generation (Zechariah 11:7-8). Where is the "authority" of the current pope, if he tried to cast out a single demon and failed. When you get sick, do you go to the doctor, or to your local Catholic priest to get healed. No, I think you go to your probably Jewish doctor, who charges you to tell you to take an aspirin and get some rest, or in the worst case, cuts you up and hopes for the best.

Dogknox20

The "Eucharist", as used in the last supper, performed at the feast of Unleavened Bread, which the church did away with at the Council of Nicaea, was represented by the bread without leaven, the "Word of God", in as much as the leaven of the Pharisee, as in the message of Paul, was not present, and the wine, which was to represent the blood, wherein the Spirit of God resides. The "Word of God" without the "Spirit of revelation"/anointing, will not produce good fruit. Without good fruit, the tree is cut down and thrown into the fire (Matthew 3), which is to happen at the end of the age (Matthew 13:30 & 39-42)

As for your "church" "fathers", which you quote, after the "day of the Lord", the survivors of the nations/Gentiles will confess, "Our fathers have inherited nothing but falsehood" (Jeremiah 16:19). At the time of your quoted "writings", there was no church of the Roman empire. All you had during the time of Nero was warring "Christian" factions, one led by Peter and one led by Paul. Apparently Nero fixed the problem by killing Paul and Peter, and throwing Peter's followers out of Rome. The only church pontiff/pope, Pontifex Maximus, during that time, laid in the hands of the Augustus Caesars, who headed the Roman pagan church. By the way, what happened to the "heretics", such as Joan of Ark, and Galileo? Has the church yet been judged for those acts, and if not, when?

2ndpillar You are mixed up... The Catholic Church; the Church of Ignatius of Antioch A.D. 110 ate the flesh of Jesus in the form of bread... Eucharist ! The Orthodox Church broke from the One Holy Catholic Apostolic Church in 1054 A.D. they to this day ALSO eat the flesh of Jesus in the form of bread the same as Catholics!. Proving Christians have always eaten Eucharist!

Paul ate the flesh of Jesus.. Paul was a Catholic!
27 So then, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord. 28 Everyone ought to examine themselves before they eat of the bread and drink from the cup. 29 For those who eat and drink without discerning the body of Christ eat and drink judgment on themselves.
Christians have always eaten the flesh of Jesus he is a Pascal sacrifice.. All Passover Lamb MUST be eaten!

Dogknox20

I add to post #105...
The Mormons also reject Jesus is God they say he is one of Many just as you!
THINK..
Satan wants to be worshiped as "A god"! If there is only ONE God then there is no room for Satan BUT... If Satan can convince his followers; Jesus is but "one of Many god'" this opens the door for Satan to be worshipped!
Joseph Smith came along about the same time as Charles Taze Russell in 1872 both men taught "Many Gods" both rejected the Cross to be used by followers! Both taught; Jesus failed to establish his Church, both preached they have the only truth!
Bree Remember Satan is the father of lies..
Satan hates the cross he would never allow his children to use a cross as their symbol!

Lucian of Samosata 180 AD, wrote.. “The Christians, you know, worship a man to this day—the distinguished personage who introduced their novel rites, and was crucified on that account” (The Passing of Peregrinus). He adds that Jesus was crucified in Palestine, a further corroboration of the Gospels.

John 20:25Unless I see in his hands the imprint of the nails, and put my finger into the place of the nails, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe.” New World translation: John refers to hands (plural) and nails (plural).

cataway

Jesus is God...

18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

Bree and the Word was God.

Jesus knows beyond all doubt.. ONLY God is to be worshiped! Jesus told Satan this Matthew 4:10! They Worship Jesus!! NEVER....

Bree
never do you read Jesus correcting anyone saying "Don't worship me I am not God!" Jesus always allows those people around him to Worship Him! ONLY God is to be worshiped! IF...

Bree
if Jesus was not God he would be worse then Satan who wanted to be worshiped! Jesus would be committing the worst of all sins possible!
Look at John 20:28 Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”
29 Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.

Jesus does NOT correct Thomas! Fact is; Jesus takes it one step further... Jesus tells him Christians will be Blessed those who have not seen Jesus yet have Faith as Thomas has! Clearly those who do not have faith; Jesus is God will not be blessed!
a god that worships another God ?? how does that work?

cataway

The Son of God MUST be God and in the case of Jesus MUST be MAN! The child of a Chicken is still a Chicken! A Cow gives birth, the baby is still a Cow! A cow would not give birth to a chicken!
The Son of God is God!
The Son of Mary is a Man! Jesus is the Man/God! 100% God and 100% Man as the Church Fathers teach!

Bree No father gains the title "Father" until a Mother gives birth!
Jesus is "God the Word" then when Mary gave birth Jesus became "God made Flesh"! God made flesh that LIVED AMONG US! God the WORD became God the Man!
When Mary gave birth God became "Father" but not before!

God is the Father of Jesus thus Jesus is his Son "The Son of God"! Jesus/WORD created all things! Jesus was with God ALWAYS!

12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.
Bree I am an Adopted Son of God because I was Baptized into the body of Jesus! Jesus is the Son of God and so am I because I was IMMERSED into the Body of Jesus!
you is confusing creation with pro-creation

cataway

2ndpillar The ONLY Church Jesus established ON Rock can only be the One Holy Catholic Apostolic Church! NONE OTHER!
Constantine did NOT start the Church he made the One Holy Catholic Apostolic Church established by Jesus...the Church of the world!

All man made churches MUST reject the scriptures to believe Jesus failed to establish his Church!
does any one think it odd that a Matthew 16:18 he is a rock and a few verses Jesus says
, he said to Peter: “Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me, because you think, not God’s thoughts, but those of men.”

2ndpillar

2ndpillar You are mixed up... The Catholic Church; the Church of Ignatius of Antioch A.D. 110 ate the flesh of Jesus in the form of bread... Eucharist ! The Orthodox Church broke from the One Holy Catholic Apostolic Church in 1054 A.D. they to this day ALSO eat the flesh of Jesus in the form of bread the same as Catholics!. Proving Christians have always eaten Eucharist!

Paul ate the flesh of Jesus.. Paul was a Catholic!
27 So then, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord. 28 Everyone ought to examine themselves before they eat of the bread and drink from the cup. 29 For those who eat and drink without discerning the body of Christ eat and drink judgment on themselves.
Christians have always eaten the flesh of Jesus he is a Pascal sacrifice.. All Passover Lamb MUST be eaten!

The Passover Lamb, is to be eaten on the beginning of the Feast of Unleavened Bread, which was done away with by the Roman emperor Constantine at his convened Council of Nicaea, and replaced with the pagan feast of Astarte/Easter. The bread of life, was to be eaten without the leaven (hypocrisy) of the Pharisees, of which the false prophet Paul, was the Pharisee of Pharisees. When Paul was acting like a Pharisee of Pharisees, he was eating the lamb of Passover, and the unleavened bread on the feast of Unleavened Bread. Paul's eventual church of the tares was the crux of the Roman Catholic church, and apparently they can look forward to be "gathered" "first" to be burned (Matthew 13:30).

Last edited:

2ndpillar

does any one think it odd that a Matthew 16:18 he is a rock and a few verses Jesus says
, he said to Peter: “Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me, because you think, not God’s thoughts, but those of men.”

Peter was being set up to fulfill Zechariah 11:16-17 & Isaiah 22:15-25 & Jeremiah 6:21. Matthew 16 refers to Simon as petros, a little stone, not petra, a foundational stone. Apparently Peter was being led by Satan, as that was the name he was called. Paul's followers, like most of the woke, can blame someone else for their problems. In the case of Paul's followers, they can blame the evil/devil within themselves (Romans 7:18-20). Apparently, that point of view is hard to let go, but in the case of the woke, some may decide it is not worth paying $8.00/gallon for gas in California, a price which could well double pushing inflation on truck delivered foods through the roof.

Last edited:

2ndpillar

i dont ,and not me .what i think is silly phony Thriston they have the cross upside down

The symbol of the cross was presented to Constantine by virtue of a vision he had from his god, Sol Invictus, in 312 A.D., in which he was to conquer the world under. In 313 A.D. he stamped a coin with Constantine on one side, and Sol Invictus on the other side with the crown in form of the cross. The conquistadors used this cross, as well as the crusaders under that banner.

cataway

The symbol of the cross was presented to Constantine by virtue of a vision he had from his god, Sol Invictus, in 312 A.D., in which he was to conquer the world under. In 313 A.D. he stamped a coin with Constantine on one side, and Sol Invictus on the other side with the crown in form of the cross. The conquistadors used this cross, as well as the crusaders under that banner.
can you show me 2-3 scriptures that say there should be symbols used in worship?

Dogknox20

a god that worships another God ?? how does that work?
cataway You have never heard of the Christian God?! Jesus is my God I am Christian! Christians have ALWAYS worshiped Jesus because Jesus is God!
The Christian God "Jesus" became part of his own creation!

God gave us "Free Will" he had to give man free will because; he made man in his image! God IS LOVE! CAN'T....

cataway
can't love if you are forced to Love! Love must be GIVEN>> Freely or it is NOT true love! The first perfect man Adam made a free will choice to "Not Love"! God knew he was taking a chance to make Man in his image but he had to give man the choice.. Because God is PERFECT!
The Second PERFECT Man was Jesus.. (only God is Perfect) Jesus rose from the dead because he was without sin.. "The wages of sin is DEATH"!
cataway Jesus died YES... But he rose out of the grave because death could not hold him, he was sinless! Jesus rose never ever to die again... THINK.....

cataway think about it: You can't even kill a stinking no good for nothing mangy dog two times no one dies twice.. Jesus has been there and done that, never to die again means Jesus and ALL Immersed into the risen Jesus will live forever! Jesus destroyed death on the cross, he restored life by rising from the dead! Satan hates the cross because it was by the cross that he was defeated! Satan would never ever allow a cross on any of his churches!

Dogknox20

cataway good question simple answer...
Look at the verses..
16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”
17 Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven

God the father from heaven kept Peter from error! God helped Peter to get it right! Peter was influenced by God! Satan thought he would try his hand in influencing Peter...
Satan got Peter to try and distract Jesus from his mission! By the answer that Jesus gave Peter we see, Jesus could not be fooled by Satan! We also see that all men are susceptible to the temptations of Satan even the Chief Apostle, Peter was tempted by Satan and Satan lost, again this time it was Jesus that corrected Peter!

23 Jesus turned and said to Peter, “Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns.”

cataway
The primacy of Peter is clearly noted in the Bible: Peter is the only Apostle to walk on water!
"And I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock ['Peter' is Greek for 'rock'] 1 will build my Church, and the gates of hell will not prevail against it" (Matt. 16:18).
"I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever you loose on Earth shall be loosed in heaven" (Matt. 16:19).
"I have prayed that your own faith may not fail; and once you have turned back, you must strengthen your brothers" (Luke 22:33).
God sent an angel to Peter to announce the Resurrection of Jesus (Mark 6:7).
The risen Jesus first appeared to Peter (Luke 24:34).
Peter headed the meeting which elected Matthias as replacement for Judas (Acts 1:13-26).
Peter led the apostles in preaching on Pentecost (Acts 2:14).
Peter led the meeting which decided on which terms Gentiles would be allowed into the Church (Acts 15).
Peter was the judge of Ananias and Saphira (Acts 5:1-11).
Jesus entrusted Peter with his flock, making him a Good Shepherd (John 21:15-17).
Peter performed the first miracle after Pentecost (Acts 3).
After his conversion Paul went to see Peter, the chief apostle (Gal. 1:18).
Throughout the New Testament, when the apostles are listed as a group, Peter's name is always first. Sometimes it's just "Peter and the twelve. "
Peter's name is mentioned more often than the names of all the other apostles put together.
"God the father from heaven kept Peter from making an error" (Matthew 16:18)
"I have prayed that your own faith may not fail; and once you have turned back, you must strengthen your brothers" (Luke 22:33).