• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I can NEVER be a Jehovah's Witness! Here is why! I attend a JW Zoom meeting tomorrow though!

Dogknox20

i have been in churches have seen many more pictures of the inside of churches .its not uncommon to find a large "T" on the wall that the whole assembly pay's ohmage to .some have a statue of a woman ,Mary . some have statues of Jesus . one should only expect to find such things in pagan places of worship .

perhaps you remember reading theses words
4 “You must not make for yourself a carved image or a form like anything that is in the heavens above or on the earth below or in the waters under the earth. 5 You must not bow down to them nor be enticed to serve them, .....
its a fairly simple law to fallow

cataway you are very mixed up!
Moses made a Brass Snake and placed it on a pole! The Jews had statues of Angels in their "Holy of Hollies!"

“You shall not make for yourself a graven image or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: you shall not bow down to them or serve them (Ex. 20:4–5).
&
And you shall make two cherubim of gold [i.e., two gold statues of angels]; of hammered work shall you make them, on the two ends of the mercy seat. Make one cherub on the one end, and one cherub on the other end; of one piece of the mercy seat shall you make the cherubim on its two ends. The cherubim shall spread out their wings above, overshadowing the mercy seat with their wings, their faces one to another; toward the mercy seat shall the faces of the cherubim be” (Ex. 25:18–20).

God does NOT want people to worship graven images! He is NOT against pictures of loved ones! He is NOT offended by statues! He rejects Worship of them!
cataway Acts of affection are not adoration. Bowing to a image of Jesus is NOT worshipping the Image! The Image is used as any picture of a loved one is used.: To help the mind remember! Catholics do NOT worship Mary we "Honor our Mother" as Commanded! Worship is ONLY for God!

cataway Scriptures are very clear... From the moment this Prophesy was made Catholics have Honored Mary as Blessed!
46 And Mary said:
“My soul glorifies the Lord
47 and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,
48 for he has been mindful
of the humble state of his servant.
From now on all generations will call me blessed,
49 for the Mighty One has done great things for me—
holy is his name.
50 His mercy extends to those who fear him,
from generation to generation

cataway Catholic's are IN Mary' generations because we are IN Her Son; Jesus! Mary is My Mother because Jesus is my Brother! JESUS.....

cataway
Jesus honors Mary because he MUST Honor his mother.. It is a Commandment... "Honor your father AND Mother"! Catholics HONOR Mary, we do NOT worship Mary! For two Thousand years Catholic have fulfilled this Prophesy The "FROM NOW ON" (above) can only mean Catholics; we have a history that goes back 2000 years... NOT you or your man made church that rejects Jesus and twists God' holy word!!

cataway Fact is...You are In Communion with symbolic flesh of Jesus! The root word for Communion is "Communication"! To be in Communication with your symbolic flesh and blood is called; Idolatry!
Fact is: To deny brood transfusion to save the life of children is "Child Sacrifice in God' name!" God abhors Child Sacrifice; Satan must be ticked pink when he has his FOLLERS offer up their children to God in God' name!

cataway

cataway you are very mixed up!
Moses made a Brass Snake and placed it on a pole! The Jews had statues of Angels in their "Holy of Hollies!"
!

oh i am so grateful you brought that up .maybe you can answer what ever happened to it ? strangely enough most people dont know. if you do know ,why did you bring it up ?

Dogknox20

oh i am so grateful you brought that up .maybe you can answer what ever happened to it ? strangely enough most people dont know. if you do know ,why did you bring it up ?
Okay...The Brass Serpent.. Or Bronze Serpent saved all who looked at it.. If you did not look then you died by the venom!
cataway The Serpent was not real, it was made with Bronze, to look as death, to look as a serpent! It was NOT worshiped but it was an image made by men! If they were to have Worshiped the Bronze serpent then it would be offending God!

cataway The people of Moses were saved by crossing the Red Sea; they ate Manna for 40 years to stay alive on their journey to the Promised Land.
They were saved from death by the Bronze Serpent held up on a poll by Moses!
They followed a pillar of Fire at night and a pillar of Smoke in the day so they could stay on course! If the Pillar stopped they stopped & if the Pillar moved they broke up camp and also moved!
cataway The Church Jesus established saves us by the waters of Baptism; Just as Pharos Army was washed away, the waters of Baptism washes sins away! The People of Moses then became "A Nation". And similarly the Christian becomes God' Child and welcome into His Kingdom!
The people of Moses ate Manna on their journey. And the Holy Church Jesus established keeps Catholics alive on our journey to our promised land heaven by feeding us the True Manna come down from heaven!
The people of Moses were saved by the Bronze Serpent Moses held up. The Holy Church Jesus established 2000 years ago removes the venom of sin by holding up Jesus in the Confessional! The people were kept on course and given direction by the Two Pillars. The Holy Church Jesus established keep us heading in the right direction so we don't get lost on our journey to heaven! The Pillar of Fire is now symbolized by the Holy Spirit the Fire the Holy Church received on Pentecost!

John 6:32
Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, it is not Moses who has given you the bread from heaven, but it is my Father who gives you the true bread from heaven. 33 For the bread of God is the bread that comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.”............
49 Your ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness, yet they died. 50 But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which anyone may eat and not die. 51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
&
John 16:13
But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

cataway

Okay...The Brass Serpent.. Or Bronze Serpent saved all who looked at it.. If you did not look then you died by the venom!
cataway The Serpent was not real, it was made with Bronze, to look as death, to look as a serpent! It was NOT worshiped but it was an image made by men! If they were to have Worshiped the Bronze serpent then it would be offending God!

cataway The people of Moses were saved by crossing the Red Sea; they ate Manna for 40 years to stay alive on their journey to the Promised Land.
They were saved from death by the Bronze Serpent held up on a poll by Moses!
They followed a pillar of Fire at night and a pillar of Smoke in the day so they could stay on course! If the Pillar stopped they stopped & if the Pillar moved they broke up camp and also moved!
cataway The Church Jesus established saves us by the waters of Baptism; Just as Pharos Army was washed away, the waters of Baptism washes sins away! The People of Moses then became "A Nation". And similarly the Christian becomes God' Child and welcome into His Kingdom!
The people of Moses ate Manna on their journey. And the Holy Church Jesus established keeps Catholics alive on our journey to our promised land heaven by feeding us the True Manna come down from heaven!
The people of Moses were saved by the Bronze Serpent Moses held up. The Holy Church Jesus established 2000 years ago removes the venom of sin by holding up Jesus in the Confessional! The people were kept on course and given direction by the Two Pillars. The Holy Church Jesus established keep us heading in the right direction so we don't get lost on our journey to heaven! The Pillar of Fire is now symbolized by the Holy Spirit the Fire the Holy Church received on Pentecost!

John 6:32
Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, it is not Moses who has given you the bread from heaven, but it is my Father who gives you the true bread from heaven. 33 For the bread of God is the bread that comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.”............
49 Your ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness, yet they died. 50 But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which anyone may eat and not die. 51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
&
John 16:13
But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.
the question was what happened to it ? is gone where did it go ?

Dogknox20

the question was what happened to it ? is gone where did it go ?

The question is moot... The real question is.. "Why don't water go up your ssa when you fart in the bathtub"!?
cataway I have a feeling you know where it went.. So why don't you tell me!??!

Christians teach "Jesus is God"!
Christians are Christ followers! The Anti-Christ is Anti-Christian.. The Anti-Christ rejects Jesus! Satan rejects what Christians believe!

cataway

The question is moot... The real question is.. "Why don't water go up your ssa when you fart in the bathtub"!?
cataway I have a feeling you know where it went.. So why don't you tell me!??!

Christians teach "Jesus is God"!
Christians are Christ followers! The Anti-Christ is Anti-Christian.. The Anti-Christ rejects Jesus! Satan rejects what Christians believe!
no you dont know what happed to it, nether would you learn from the example, the president it set to people that insist on looking at and holding to objects of veneration