• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I can NEVER be a Jehovah's Witness! Here is why! I attend a JW Zoom meeting tomorrow though!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Anyhow, I have been invited to a Jehovah's witness zoom meeting tomorrow, that I shall attend if I don't have a group. But I could NEVER be a Jehovah's witness, because I see 0% chance JW's have the truth, and 100% certainty that they do NOT have the truth! ;)

I have some questions for Jehovah's witnesses:

Who is your authority Jehovah's witnesses, and why should we trust him/her/it? With countless denominations, all using Scripture and all claiming to be correct, what assurance can we have that the Watchtower’s interpretations are accurate?”

Before Jesus Christ came to earth, he was Michael, prince of the angels, Jehovah's witnesses claim. Although I'm fond of JW teaching that, because my favorite girl to walk the earth is named Lia which means "Lioness", her last name means "Pet lamb" and Jesus was the Lion of Judah and the lamb of God, and her middle name is feminine for Michael, which means "She who is like God". So, that must mean JW's are right, right? :D

However, that is the only thing I like about that teaching!

The Bible is silent with regard to any evidence supporting such a claim.

if you had walked up to any of the twelve apostles and asked him who Jesus was, none would have said, “But of course, he’s Michael the Archangel!”

The book of Hebrews states, “To which of the angels did God ever say, ‘You are my son’? . . . Let all the angels of God worship him. . . . Your throne, O God, stands firm forever. . . . O Lord, you established the earth, and the heavens are the works of your hands . . . to which of the angels has he ever said, ‘Sit at my right hand’?” (Heb. 1).

Also , I'm not too thrilled about the name Jehovah...

When the topic of the name of God comes up, first address the fact that the New Testament Greek always uses the word Lord and never Jehovah, even in quotes from the Old Testament. Encyclopedia Judaica, Webster’s Encyclopedia, Jewish Encyclopedia, Encyclopedia Britannica, Universal Jewish Encyclopedia, and many other authoritative sources agree that the title Jehovah is erroneous and was never used by the Jews.

So where did the name Jehovah come from?
According to the Watchtower’s own publication, Aid to Bible Understanding, “The first recorded use of this form dates from the thirteenth century.

According to Revelation 7 and 14, only 144,000 people will inherit the heavenly kingdom. All others who are saved will reside forever on a paradise earth.

Look up Revelation 7 and read it from beginning to end. You’ll notice that if the seventh chapter of Revelation is to be taken literally, heaven would consist of 144,000 Jewish male virgins. I guess I'm out of luck because I'm not a virgin and I'm not Jewish! :( (The Bible can be so stupid sometimes obviously! That is why Jesus never told anyone to read the Bible , and no where in the Bible does it say the Bible is the final authority on anything, and Jesus never even left the early Christians with a Bible. He left them with a Church ;).

The few Scriptures that were available, were read by a tiny percent of Christians who could read, no one knew what the correct New Testament Canon was, and those who could read , often did not have access to any Scriptures.)

Jehovah's witnesses believe: "everlasting punishment is a lie invented by Satan. Such an idea is not in the Bible, which teaches that hell is only a place of rest in hope where the dead are conscious of nothing and feel no pain. "

When discussing hell with a Jehovah’s Witness, you must address the issue of the immortal human soul, since Witnesses deny its existence. Address the nature of the afterlife in general before dealing with the issue of hellfire in particular.

In the Old Testament, Isaiah 14:9-17 indicates clearly that the dead are conscious, and the New Testament tells the same story. In 1 Peter 3:19, the apostle tells his audience how, after Jesus died on the cross, he “preached to the spirits in prison.” If the dead were aware of nothing, his preaching would have been futile.

So to be absent from the body is not to be unconscious; rather, it enables one to be home with the Lord (2 Cor. 5:8, Phil. 1:23). The body is just a tent or a tabernacle that does not last (2 Cor. 5:1-4; 2 Pet. 1:13), while man cannot kill the soul (Matt 10:28). Our souls live after the death of our bodies, since John “saw . . . the souls of those slaughtered . . . and they cried with a loud voice, saying . . . and they were told . . .” (Rev. 6:9-11). Because the soul does not die with the flesh, those in heaven are able to offer our prayers to God (Rev. 5:8) and live in happiness (Rev. 14:13).

Those who led an unrighteous life are just as conscious of their punishment as the just are of their joy. If one is in hell, “he shall be tormented with fire and sulfur . . . the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever, and day and night they have no rest” (Rev. 14:11). This is an “everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels” (Matt. 25:41-46).

Although I like the Jehovah's witness idea that there is no place of eternal suffering, it doesn't change the fact that it is HIGHLY UNBIBLICAL!

Jesus tells his listeners of Lazarus and the rich man, where the rich man dies and “existing in torments . . . he sees . . . calls out . . . ‘I am in anguish in this blazing fire'” (Luke 16:19-31). As a further illustration, Jesus stated that hell is likened to Gehenna. This Valley of Hinnom was located southeast of Jerusalem and was used as a garbage dump where trash and waste were burned continuously day and night. Jesus informs the listeners that hell is like this, “where the maggot does not die, and fire is not put out” (Mark 9:42-48). It is the place where the wicked are sent, and from this “everlasting fire” (Matt. 18:8) will come “weeping and the gnashing of teeth” (Matt. 8:12). Now, if hell were “a place of rest in hope” as the Watchtower teaches, Jesus would not have chosen such contradictory illustrations to convey this.

Each one of the above topics could be a long conversation. So know that your charity and willingness to share your faith will leave a mark on the hearts and minds of Jehovah’s Witnesses. Show Jehovah's witnesses that you are devoted to the Word of God. So even if you can’t remember all the verses at the right time, know that kindness has converted more souls than eloquence ever will.

Also, I could never be Jehovah's witness, because it is a tiny percentage of Christianity, that is essentially saying that every Church on the face of the earth (before the man-made invention of the Jehovah's witness denomination was invented), was living a lie and praying to Demons!

Century after century, all those monks, nuns, priests, and people who dedicated their whole life to God and studying his word , rewriting new copies of the Bible, were preaching lies, and Jesus was such a lousy shepherd, that he let every Church on earth go astray century after century for over 1800 years, before God started his first true Church!

To me that is EXTREMELY depressing and disgusting, and means that God simply was a lousy guide and shepherd! If God didn't care about humanity enough , to give them a single Church that spoke the truth for 1800 years, how can I trust him to guide me?

Plus, there is NOTHING in the Bible that says the Bible is the final authority on anything, and Jesus made it very clear that those who do not eat his flesh and drink his blood, they have no life in them. At every last supper account , Jesus spoke literally about the bread and wine being his body and blood! Jehovah's witnesses don't believe that, so if Jesus was lying about that, what else was he lying about?
o_O

Please pray that I don't cause problems at this JW zoom tomorrow! :rolleyes:

Eyes to See

Romans 3:4 says: "Let God be found true, even if every man be found a liar."

How can we test if we are in the faith or not? It is by comparing what we believe with God's word in the Bible. Now let us just examine for a moment your idea that the Bible is not the final authority. What is? The Bible is God's word, God cannot lie. This means that any teaching that is in contradiction to the healthful words of truth in the Bible are lies.

1 Corinthians 13:7 says that love believes all things, that is it believes what God's word teaches us. Jehovah's Witnesses do not have any dogma or teaching that is not in accord with Bible teaching. I realize that you grew up being taught in a Hellfire and other things. And it can take time and earnest effort to learn the truth about these things.

That is why a study of the Bible is important. Psalms 1:1, 2 says:

"Happy is the man who does not walk according to the advice of the wicked
And does not stand on the path of sinners
And does not sit in the seat of scoffers.
But his delight is in the law of Jehovah,
And he reads His law in an undertone day and night.
"
-Psalms 1:1-2.

Jesus said:

"This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.-John 17:3.

In order to gain everlasting life we need to gain accurate knowledge of Jehovah God and Jesus Christ. Where can we go for this information? It is found in the pages of the Bible. By reading in God's word, and trusting it, we can let it guide us to the way of truth. That takes time, diligence, study, mediation. You also have to be honest, humble, and hungry for truth.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Romans 3:4 says: "Let God be found true, even if every man be found a liar."

How can we test if we are in the faith or not? It is by comparing what we believe with God's word in the Bible. Now let us just examine for a moment your idea that the Bible is not the final authority. What is? The Bible is God's word, God cannot lie. This means that any teaching that is in contradiction to the healthful words of truth in the Bible are lies.

1 Corinthians 13:7 says that love believes all things, that is it believes what God's word teaches us. Jehovah's Witnesses do not have any dogma or teaching that is not in accord with Bible teaching. I realize that you grew up being taught in a Hellfire and other things. And it can take time and earnest effort to learn the truth about these things.

That is why a study of the Bible is important. Psalms 1:1, 2 says:

"Happy is the man who does not walk according to the advice of the wicked
And does not stand on the path of sinners
And does not sit in the seat of scoffers.
But his delight is in the law of Jehovah,
And he reads His law in an undertone day and night.
"
-Psalms 1:1-2.

Jesus said:

"This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.-John 17:3.

In order to gain everlasting life we need to gain accurate knowledge of Jehovah God and Jesus Christ. Where can we go for this information? It is found in the pages of the Bible. By reading in God's word, and trusting it, we can let it guide us to the way of truth. That takes time, diligence, study, mediation. You also have to be honest, humble, and hungry for truth.
Jesus built a Church and promised the Holy Spirit would guide the Church.

There was no Bible, and the Bible teaches stupid things like the 144,000 will all be Jewish virgin men.

How stupid is that?

The Bible says ask anything in Jesus name, and God will will grant it! That is an obvious lie!

If Scripture lies in one place, how many other lies does it contain.

Jesus built a Church.

He never left the early Christians with a Bible. He left them with a Church, and promised the Holy Spirit would guide the Church.

The first Christians were Not Bible Christians!

Eyes to See

Jesus built a Church and promised the Holy Spirit would guide the Church.

There was no Bible, and the Bible teaches stupid things like the 144,000 will all be Jewish virgin men.

How stupid is that?

The Bible says ask anything in Jesus name, and God will will grant it! That is an obvious lie!

If Scripture lies in one place, how many other lies does it contain.

Jesus built a Church.

He never left the early Christians with a Bible. He left them with a Church, and promised the Holy Spirit would guide the Church.

The first Christians were Not Bible Christians!

I am going to give you an in-depth study and understanding of the 144,000 Spiderman. And this is what Bible study is like.

The 144,000 are mentioned 3 times in scripture, in the last book of the Bible, Revelation. Once in Revelation 7:4 and again in Revelation 14:1, and 3. Some like you think that the group is of 144,000 literal virgin Jews, and that is understandable. But if we look closer we will see that the 144,000 are spiritual Israelites, and not all are fleshly Jews.

Firstly take a look at the reference to the 144,000 in Revelation 7:

01.gif

Starting in verse 4 you will see the number sealed 144,000. Then in verses 4-8 you will see a list of 12 tribes with 12,000 from each tribe to make up the 144,000.

Now keep this in mind, I posted a screenshot from my Bible with the names of the tribes highlighted.

Now if you have any Bible knowledge if you are asked how many tribes in Israel there were, you would probably respond 12. And that is a reasonable answer. But it is not quite the full story. There were actually 13 tribes. You can find the tribal listing in Numbers 1 (the name of the book Numbers is because it is the record of the census and registration of the Israelites when they left Egypt.)

Here it is (Numbers 1):

01.gif

Now if you notice the tribes highlighted in red for easier identification you will notice that the 12 tribes that received a land inheritance are listed apart from the 13th tribe, that of Levi, the priestly tribe that did not receive a land inheritance.

What is the importance of this? Actually a lot! If you notice in the tribal listings in Numbers 1 Joseph is NOT a tribe. That is because he received a double inheritance and his two children Manasseh and Ephraim were named as tribes.

If you look at Revelation 7:8 you will notice the tribe of Joseph being mentioned. In ancient Israel the tribe of Joseph did not exist. Also if you notice in Revelation 7:7 you see the tribe of Levi mentioned along with the 12 tribes listed here. In ancient Israel Levi was NOT part of the 12 tribes.

Why difference in tribal listings? It is because they are not the same. The tribes in Revelation 7 are of spiritual Israelites, that is, the anointed spirit-begotten Christian congregation.

Remember that the tribe of Levi was not counted among the other 12 in ancient Israel? That is because they did not receive a land inheritance. They represent the anointed Christian congregation that does not receive an inheritance on earth, rather their calling is to heavenly spirit life.

That is also why Jesus told the apostles at the night of his death that they would reign with him over the "12 tribes of Israel." Those would prefigure those who have a hope of living forever on earth. The priestly tribe of Levi then would represent those who would go to heaven to rule with Christ over the earth. But how can we be sure? Let us look at other Bible scriptures that will reveal this to us more plainly.

The first is Galatians 3:28, 29:

03.gif

Here we are told the the spiritual Isrealite is not so because of a physical birth. Rather it does not matter what ethnic origin a person is, if they have been called by holy spirit they become children of God, heirs of the promises, the offspring of Abraham. The Israel of God.

To further verify this we note Galatians 6:15,16:

04.gif

Again notice that circumcision is nothing neither is uncircumcision. Now to get a little of the context of Galatians, Paul was writing to Jews who had converted to Christianity and were trying to push Jewish traditions upon non-Jews and showing prejudice towards those who were not circumcised. Paul had to correct their thinking. They came from a way of worship that had become antiquated. When the Jewish nation rejected the Messiah and put him to death, God rejected them as a nation, and he established the Christian congregation. And after a period of 3/12 years after Jesus was raised to heaven, starting with the uncircumcised gentile Cornelius, a Roman centurion, God began to accept people of the nations into the Christian congregation and baptizing them with holy spirit, having them form part of the spiritual Israel. This is because the majority of Israelites rejected Jesus and his disciples, and refused God's invitation.

Let us go to the next reference of the 144,00 in the Bible it is found in Revelation 14:1, here by comparing what it says about certain distinguishing features of the select group with other scriptures it becomes more apparent who they are, where they are, and what their position is:

05.gif

Here we are told that the 144,00 are on Mount Zion with the lamb. Now talking with some Jews, they are sure this is referring to the Mount in Israel where the temple was built. But comparing this with other scriptures we see this is not the case. The 144,000 are not on earth at all in this vision.

Notice where Mount Zion is in this reference from the Bible:

06.gif

Notice where Mount Zion is here? Yes it is in heavenly Jerusalem, the city of the living God in heaven. So the Mount Zion the 144,000 are standing on with the Lamb is in heaven, that is also where Jesus Christ, who is the Lamb resides. Those of the 144,00 have been enrolled in the heaven.

Let us return to Revelation 14. There referring to the 144,00 we are further told (v 3,4)

07.gif

So the 144,000 are bought from earth as firstfruits of mankind. They are in heaven with Jesus on heavenly Mount Zion. They follow Jesus wherever he may lead them. The fact that they are firstfruits is in the fact that they take part in the earlier resurrection. There are two resurrections. The first is to heavenly life, the second will be during the 1,000 year reign of Christ to earthly life.

Now there are other scriptures in Revelation that point to the 144,000 and their responibilies in heaven so we know exactly who they are and what they will do. Please notice in Revelation 14:1 above that it says these 144,000 have the distinction of having the name of Jesus and the Father (Jehovah) written on their foreheads. This is an important distinction because further on we see these ones in heaven with God and what they will do. Notice Revelation 22:3-5:

07.gif

Notice here that those who have the name of God on their forehead (in verse 4) will no longer need sunlight and will no longer have nights. That is because they are in the very presence of Jehovah and Jehovah will shine always upon them. AND what? They will rule as kings forever and ever.

That these 144,000 then are rulers in heaven as kings there is no doubt. No other scripture refers to anyone having the name of God on their forehead except the 144,000 standing on heavenly Mount Zion with the Lamb in heaven.

We are further enlightened about this fact in Revelation 20:6:

09.gif

Here we see that those who have the first resurrection (that will be to heavenly spirit life) will reign as priests of God and of the Christ and will rule as kings for 1,000 years.

That this was the hope of the first century Christians there is no doubt. Jesus told his faithful apostles they would rule with him in his kingdom. The apostle Paul mentions the fact that they will rule as kings (speaking to the anointed Christian congregation):

(1 Corinthians 4:8) . . .Have you begun ruling as kings without us? I really wish that you had begun ruling as kings, so that we also might rule with you as kings.

This was because certain members of the Corinthian congregation were teaching that they had already become kings on earth. Paul had to correct their thinking. It was revealed that their rulership would be in heaven. They would have to die first. And they would have to sleep in death until Jesus returned in his kingly power to resurrect them, not as humans, but in the divine form of God and his son Jesus Christ, in heavenly immortal spirit bodies where the 144,000 will live forever and ever and reign as kings and priests for the 1,000 years with the Christ over the earth.

So the 144,000 are not literal Jews. And not all Christians today are part of the select. They are spirit-anointed Christians with the hope God implants in them to go to heaven to rule with Christ.

Attachments

• 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    367.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 08.gif
    08.gif
    100.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I am going to give you an in-depth study and understanding of the 144,000 Spiderman. And this is what Bible study is like.

The 144,000 are mentioned 3 times in scripture, in the last book of the Bible, Revelation. Once in Revelation 7:4 and again in Revelation 14:1, and 3. Some like you think that the group is of 144,000 literal virgin Jews, and that is understandable. But if we look closer we will see that the 144,000 are spiritual Israelites, and not all are fleshly Jews.

Firstly take a look at the reference to the 144,000 in Revelation 7:

View attachment 60710

Starting in verse 4 you will see the number sealed 144,000. Then in verses 4-8 you will see a list of 12 tribes with 12,000 from each tribe to make up the 144,000.

Now keep this in mind, I posted a screenshot from my Bible with the names of the tribes highlighted.

Now if you have any Bible knowledge if you are asked how many tribes in Israel there were, you would probably respond 12. And that is a reasonable answer. But it is not quite the full story. There were actually 13 tribes. You can find the tribal listing in Numbers 1 (the name of the book Numbers is because it is the record of the census and registration of the Israelites when they left Egypt.)

Here it is (Numbers 1):

View attachment 60710

Now if you notice the tribes highlighted in red for easier identification you will notice that the 12 tribes that received a land inheritance are listed apart from the 13th tribe, that of Levi, the priestly tribe that did not receive a land inheritance.

What is the importance of this? Actually a lot! If you notice in the tribal listings in Numbers 1 Joseph is NOT a tribe. That is because he received a double inheritance and his two children Manasseh and Ephraim were named as tribes.

If you look at Revelation 7:8 you will notice the tribe of Joseph being mentioned. In ancient Israel the tribe of Joseph did not exist. Also if you notice in Revelation 7:7 you see the tribe of Levi mentioned along with the 12 tribes listed here. In ancient Israel Levi was NOT part of the 12 tribes.

Why difference in tribal listings? It is because they are not the same. The tribes in Revelation 7 are of spiritual Israelites, that is, the anointed spirit-begotten Christian congregation.

Remember that the tribe of Levi was not counted among the other 12 in ancient Israel? That is because they did not receive a land inheritance. They represent the anointed Christian congregation that does not receive an inheritance on earth, rather their calling is to heavenly spirit life.

That is also why Jesus told the apostles at the night of his death that they would reign with him over the "12 tribes of Israel." Those would prefigure those who have a hope of living forever on earth. The priestly tribe of Levi then would represent those who would go to heaven to rule with Christ over the earth. But how can we be sure? Let us look at other Bible scriptures that will reveal this to us more plainly.

The first is Galatians 3:28, 29:

View attachment 60712

Here we are told the the spiritual Isrealite is not so because of a physical birth. Rather it does not matter what ethnic origin a person is, if they have been called by holy spirit they become children of God, heirs of the promises, the offspring of Abraham. The Israel of God.

To further verify this we note Galatians 6:15,16:

View attachment 60713

Again notice that circumcision is nothing neither is uncircumcision. Now to get a little of the context of Galatians, Paul was writing to Jews who had converted to Christianity and were trying to push Jewish traditions upon non-Jews and showing prejudice towards those who were not circumcised. Paul had to correct their thinking. They came from a way of worship that had become antiquated. When the Jewish nation rejected the Messiah and put him to death, God rejected them as a nation, and he established the Christian congregation. And after a period of 3/12 years after Jesus was raised to heaven, starting with the uncircumcised gentile Cornelius, a Roman centurion, God began to accept people of the nations into the Christian congregation and baptizing them with holy spirit, having them form part of the spiritual Israel. This is because the majority of Israelites rejected Jesus and his disciples, and refused God's invitation.

Let us go to the next reference of the 144,00 in the Bible it is found in Revelation 14:1, here by comparing what it says about certain distiinguishing features of the select group with other scriptures it becomes more apparent who they are, where they are, and what their position is:

View attachment 60714

Here we are told that the 144,00 are on Mount Zion with the lamb. Now talking with that Jew he was sure this was referring to the Mount in Israel where the temple was built. But comparing this with other scripures we see this is not the case. The 144,000 are not on earth at all in this vision.

Notice where Mount Zion is in this reference from the Bible:

View attachment 60715

Notice where Mount Zion is here? Yes it is in heavenly Jerusalem, the city of the living God in heaven. So the Mount Zion the 144,000 are standing on with the Lamb is in heaven, that is also where Jesus Christ, who is the Lamb resides. Those of the 144,00 have been enrolled in the heaven.

Let us return to Revelation 14. There referring to the 144,00 we are further told (v 3,4)

View attachment 60716

So the 144,000 are bought from earth as firstfruits of mankind. They are in heaven with Jesus on heavenly Mount Zion. They follow Jesus wherever he may lead them. The fact that they are firstfruits is in the fact that they take part in the earlier resurrection. There are two resurrections. The first is to heavenly life, the second will be during the 1,000 year reign of Christ to earthly life.

Now there are other scriptures in Revelation that point to the 144,000 and their responibilies in heaven so we know exactly who they are and what they will do. Please notice in Revelation 14:1 above that it says these 144,000 have the distinction of having the name of Jesus and the Father (Jehovah) written on their foreheads. This is an important distinction because further on we see these ones in heaven with God and what they will do. Notice Revelation 22:3-5:

View attachment 60716

Notice here that those who have the name of God on their forehead (in verse 4) will no longer need sunlight and will no longer have nights. That is because they are in the very presence of Jehovah and Jehovah will shine always upon them. AND what? They will rule as kings forever and ever.

That these 144,000 then are rulers in heaven as kings there is no doubt. No other scripture refers to anyone having the name of God on their forehead except the 144,000 standing on heavenly Mount Zion with the Lamb in heaven.

We are further enlightened about this fact in Revelation 20:6:

View attachment 60718

Here we see that those who have the first resurrection (that will be to heavenly spirit life) will reign as priests of God and of the Christ and will rule as kings for 1,000 years.

That this was the hope of the first century Christians there is no doubt. Jesus told his faithful apostles they would rule with him in his kingdom. The apostle Paul mentions the fact that they will rule as kings (speaking to the anointed Christian congregation):

(1 Corinthians 4:8) . . .Have you begun ruling as kings without us? I really wish that you had begun ruling as kings, so that we also might rule with you as kings.

This was because certain members of the Corinthian congregation were teaching that they had already become kings on earth. Paul had to correct their thinking. It was revealed that their rulership would be in heaven. They would have to die first. And they would have to sleep in death until Jesus returned in his kingly power to resurrect them, not as humans, but in the divine form of God and his son Jesus Christ, in heavenly immortal spirit bodies where the 144,000 will live forever and ever and reign as kings and priests for the 1,000 years with the Christ over the earth.

So the 144,000 are not literal Jews. And not all Christians today are part of the select. They are spirit-anointed Christians with the hope God implants in them to go to heaven to rule with Christ.
Oh , so the Bible says 144,000 Virgin male Jews , but doesn't mean what it says.

In other words, the Babble is full of lies and we never know if it means what it says. Thank you for giving me more reasons not to trust what the Bible says! GREAT!

Eyes to See

Oh , so the Bible says 144,000 Virgin male Jews , but doesn't mean what it says.

In other words, the Babble is full of lies and we never know if it means what it says. Thank you for giving me more reasons not to trust what the Bible says! GREAT!

I find it hard to believe you were able to read through and mediate on all that information that quick. But to answer your question Revelation 1:1 tells us:

"A revelation by Jesus Christ, which God gave him, to show his slaves the things that must shortly take place. And he sent his angel and presented it in signs through him to his slave John."

The visions given to John were given in "signs." A sign is a symbol that represents something else. Jehovah also did that in the book of Daniel. In fact Daniel did not understand many of the visions he was given to write down. And he was told this:

"Now as for me, I heard, but I could not understand; so I said: “O my lord, what will be the outcome of these things?” Then he said: “Go, Daniel, because the words are to be kept secret and sealed up until the time of the end.  Many will cleanse themselves and whiten themselves and will be refined. And the wicked ones will act wickedly, and none of the wicked will understand; but those having insight will understand."-Daniel 12:8-10.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I find it hard to believe you were able to read through and mediate on all that information that quick. But to answer your question Revelation 1:1 tells us:

"A revelation by Jesus Christ, which God gave him, to show his slaves the things that must shortly take place. And he sent his angel and presented it in signs through him to his slave John."

The visions given to John were given in "signs." A sign is a symbol that represents something else. Jehovah also did that in the book of Daniel. In fact Daniel did not understand many of the visions he was given to write down. And he was told this:

"Now as for me, I heard, but I could not understand; so I said: “O my lord, what will be the outcome of these things?” Then he said: “Go, Daniel, because the words are to be kept secret and sealed up until the time of the end.  Many will cleanse themselves and whiten themselves and will be refined. And the wicked ones will act wickedly, and none of the wicked will understand; but those having insight will understand."-Daniel 12:8-10.
Exactly, the Bible is a bunch of babble that means something other than what it says. Thank you for making my point!

That is why the babble is dangerous and needs an authentic interpreter. Jesus built a Church to settle disputes on how to properly interpret Scripture, and there is a magisterium that is guided by the Holy Spirit!

Otherwise God is a liar when he promised Peter that hell would not prevail against his Church, and God is cruel, unreliable, apathetic, and a lousy shepherd, if he waited until 1870 (when man-made Jehovah's witness heresy was invented) to establish a "true" Church! :(

Eyes to See

You can see how scripture is interpreted by my post above about the 144,000. You use God's word to interpret God's word. God does the explaining on what he himself gave to us.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
You can see how scripture is interpreted by my post above about the 144,000. You use God's word to interpret God's word. God does the explaining on what he himself gave to us.
No, he does not. Do you eat the flesh and drink the blood of Christ??

Jesus said, unless you do, you have no life in you

Eyes to See

No, he does not. Do you eat the flesh and drink the blood of Christ??

Jesus said, unless you do, you have no life in you

Well, Jesus himself said what the wine and the bread represented:

"As they continued eating, Jesus took a loaf, and after saying a blessing, he broke it, and giving it to the disciples, he said: “Take, eat. This means my body.” 27 And taking a cup, he offered thanks and gave it to them, saying: “Drink out of it, all of you, 28 for this means my ‘blood of the covenant,’ which is to be poured out in behalf of many for forgiveness of sins."-Matthew 26:26-28.

The bread "means" or represents his body that is to be given up. The wine "means my 'blood of the covenant."

So the bread and the wine are symbols. Jesus himself said this.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm with @Orbit . This might be a waste of everyone's time.

I tend to go to things I'm invited to, unless I know I wouldn't be a good, useful, or fun guest.

Even the kind JWs who used to knock on my door eventually stopped doing so... because I'm sure they found it a waste of time. :D

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Well, Jesus himself said what the wine and the bread represented:

"As they continued eating, Jesus took a loaf, and after saying a blessing, he broke it, and giving it to the disciples, he said: “Take, eat. This means my body.” 27 And taking a cup, he offered thanks and gave it to them, saying: “Drink out of it, all of you, 28 for this means my ‘blood of the covenant,’ which is to be poured out in behalf of many for forgiveness of sins."-Matthew 26:26-28.

The bread "means" or represents his body that is to be given up. The wine "means my 'blood of the covenant."

So the bread and the wine are symbols. Jesus himself said this.
The translation "this means my body" is a twist and false translation of Scripture. Read other interpretations.

Thank you for demonstrating that Jehovah's witnesses have their false Bible , where they twist, pervert meaning, and add new words to totally change the meaning.

Thank you for giving me clear evidence why God does NOT want me to join the tiny Jehovah's witness man-made heresy denomination , with a man-made twisted Bible!

Eyes to See

The translation "this means my body" is a twist and false translation of Scripture. Read other interpretations.

Thank you for demonstrating that Jehovah's witnesses have their false Bible , where they twist, pervert meaning, and add new words to totally change the meaning.

Thank you for giving me clear evidence why God does NOT want me to join the tiny Jehovah's witness man-made heresy denomination , with a man-made twisted Bible!

The Greek word e·stinʹ (literally meaning “is”) here has the sense of “signifies; symbolizes; stands for; represents.” This meaning was evident to the apostles, since on this occasion Jesus’ perfect body was there in front of them and so was the unleavened bread that they were about to eat. Therefore, the bread could not have been his literal body. It is worth noting that the same Greek word is used at Matthew 12:7, and many Bible translations render it “means.”

(7 But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless. ) KJV

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Jesus lost followers for the first time when he said "Unless you eat the flesh and drink the blood of the son of man, you have no life in you".

He didn't call them back to explain that he meant something different. He let them go.

Every Christian Church on earth for over 1500 years believed that he meant it literally.

cataway

Jesus lost followers for the first time when he said "Unless you eat the flesh and drink the blood of the son of man, you have no life in you".

He didn't call them back to explain that he meant something different. He let them go.

Every Christian Church on earth for over 1500 years believed that he meant it literally.
1500 years means nothing and by the way there is no such thing as majority rule . its far more likely that the majority would get it wrong

Spiderman

Veteran Member
1500 years means nothing and by the way there is no such thing as majority rule . its far more likely that the majority would get it wrong
It does however mean God is a lousy unreliable shepherd who can't be trusted, if every Church for over 1500 years was teaching total falsehood as infallible Doctrine, and everyone was deceived! ;)

Bree

Anyhow, I have been invited to a Jehovah's witness zoom meeting tomorrow, that I shall attend if I don't have a group. But I could NEVER be a Jehovah's witness, because I see 0% chance JW's have the truth, and 100% certainty that they do NOT have the truth! ;)

I have some questions for Jehovah's witnesses:

Who is your authority Jehovah's witnesses, and why should we trust him/her/it? With countless denominations, all using Scripture and all claiming to be correct, what assurance can we have that the Watchtower’s interpretations are accurate?”

We come under the banner of the Governing Body. The GB is made up of several anointed members of our worldwide congregation. Everything that comes out of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society goes thru these brothers when all are in agreeance to what is being sent out or arranged or organised.

No one can claim 100% knowledge of truth and our brothers will admit this. Why? Because God reveals truth in his own due time. We are always on the receiving end therefore we do not know more then God allows us to know. And humbly, the GB have adjusted their teachings when they see the need to do so. This is like science. They only know as much as they know until a clearer understanding comes along. We cannot demand knowledge from God, we must all wait for his instruction.

Before Jesus Christ came to earth, he was Michael, prince of the angels, Jehovah's witnesses claim. Although I'm fond of JW teaching that, because my favorite girl to walk the earth is named Lia which means "Lioness", her last name means "Pet lamb" and Jesus was the Lion of Judah and the lamb of God, and her middle name is feminine for Michael, which means "She who is like God". So, that must mean JW's are right, right? :D

However, that is the only thing I like about that teaching!

The Bible is silent with regard to any evidence supporting such a claim.

if you had walked up to any of the twelve apostles and asked him who Jesus was, none would have said, “But of course, he’s Michael the Archangel!”

The understanding of why we believe Jesus is Michael the Archangel is for several reasons but just to mention two,

Jude 9 But when Miʹcha·el+ the archangel+ had a difference with the Devil and was disputing about Moses’ body,+ Here the Archangle is named Michael and the prefix 'The' indicates he is singular.
and then at 1Thess 4:16 because the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a commanding call, with an archangel’s+ voice and with God’s trumpet. Jesus is said to have an 'archangels voice' If there is only 1 archangel then is it not reasonable to think Paul is identifying Jesus as that angel? There are some very good articles about this that perhaps you can find and do a bit of research yourself.

Also , I'm not too thrilled about the name Jehovah...
So where did the name Jehovah come from?
According to the Watchtower’s own publication, Aid to Bible Understanding, “The first recorded use of this form dates from the thirteenth century.

the first recorded use of the 'form' Jehovah may have come into use in the 13th century, but the Name of God has been in use since ancient times. There is a lot of evience that the tetragrammaton YHWH was widely used by the Jews. We know God has a personal name, if we are not pronouncing it property, does it really matter? Will be be offended if we pronounce it wiith an 'e' if it should be an 'a'?? My mother in law cannot pronounce my name and i really dont mind tbh. I know she's referring to me even though she mispronounces it.

But if you want some archeological evidences for the name of God, you dont have to go far to find it....its everywhere.

According to Revelation 7 and 14, only 144,000 people will inherit the heavenly kingdom. All others who are saved will reside forever on a paradise earth.

Look up Revelation 7 and read it from beginning to end. You’ll notice that if the seventh chapter of Revelation is to be taken literally, heaven would consist of 144,000 Jewish male virgins. I guess I'm out of luck because I'm not a virgin and I'm not Jewish! :( (The Bible can be so stupid sometimes obviously! That is why Jesus never told anyone to read the Bible , and no where in the Bible does it say the Bible is the final authority on anything, and Jesus never even left the early Christians with a Bible. He left them with a Church ;).

spiritually speaking, a male jewish virgin serving at the tabernacle was considered 'holy' meaning they were set aside for special service to God. These ones who are taken from the earth to serve God in heaven as part of the heavenly kingdom are like wise holy in that sense. It doesnt mean they are virgins... i mean, the apostles were married men with children and they makeup part of that group.

The few Scriptures that were available, were read by a tiny percent of Christians who could read, no one knew what the correct New Testament Canon was, and those who could read , often did not have access to any Scriptures.)

Read about the muratorian fragment.

Please pray that I don't cause problems at this JW zoom tomorrow! :rolleyes:

enoy your zoom meeting... Oh to be a fly on the wall
:D

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member

What did Jesus say? That everyone would understand the Bible?
Not at all!
Luke 10:21 (See? Not even Jesus gives it…only His Father.)
So, just how would a person receive understanding? By being humble, and willing to listen to Jesus’ Father, Jehovah / Yahweh.

Unfortunately, you seem just the opposite: very caustic. Only you can change your attitude, my friend.