• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I believe Satan has brain washed most Christians/people.

Awoon

I believe the people who fostered the Reformation, brought a teaching from Satan, and made people believe it was from God.

Those people made people believe that it took God almost sixteen hundred years to bring people the true Gospel.

All those people did was to misunderstand Paul’s writings. The writings that are very plain and tell people that if they sin they will never go to Heaven, are discounted as if they are speaking to others, not those who believe what the Reformers said.

Yes I believe those people were brain washed by the devil.

(1 Corinthians 6:9-19) “You know perfectly well that people who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God: people of immoral lives, idolaters, adulterers, catamites, sodomites, thieves, usurers, drunkards, slanders and swindlers will never inherit the kingdom of God.”

(1 Corinthians 5:11) “What I wrote was that you should not associate with a brother Christian who is leading an immoral life, or is a usurer, or idolatrous, or a slanderer, or a drunkard or is dishonest; you should not even eat a meal with people like that.”

So whatever you "believe" then that is fact?

Johnlove

So whatever you "believe" then that is fact?
I believe you will soon come to know that what is said by me is the truth.

Nothing that is written by me would be able to bring you to accept the truth. Only God can bring one to know God/truth.

Awoon

I believe you will soon come to know that what is said by me is the truth.

Nothing that is written by me would be able to bring you to accept the truth. Only God can bring one to know God/truth.

Lets see. I'm 64 years old was involved with churches for over forty years, have heard every possible sermon and scripture interpretation and now ONLY YOU have the truth? Thanks for the laugh.

Johnlove

Lets see. I'm 64 years old was involved with churches for over forty years, have heard every possible sermon and scripture interpretation and now ONLY YOU have the truth? Thanks for the laugh.
I am eighty, almost eighty one, and listened to preachers talk for the first forty years of my life, and not one had a clue to the truth.

Only after Jesus came to me and told me he would teach me about him, was I ever exposed to the truth.

If you don’t come to the truth, then you will not be laughing for long.

Awoon

I am eighty, almost eighty one, and listened to preachers talk for the first forty years of my life, and not one had a clue to the truth.

Only after Jesus came to me and told me he would teach me about him, was I ever exposed to the truth.

I've been threatened by your "beliefs" most of my life. Bring it !!!!

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN

The sentence in red lets me know the God of the Bible is not really a God.

A real God wouldn't need to threaten people, - wouldn't be needy of worship, wouldn't torture people for not following him, etc.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
The sentence in red lets me know the God of the Bible is not really a God.

A real God wouldn't need to threaten people, - wouldn't be needy of worship, wouldn't torture people for not following him, etc.

Except...
It is not their god that is making the threat, it the follower(s).

InChrist

Free4ever
I don't. But many of them say that your god said.
I don't really care what your god says, either.
Understandable that you wouldn't care what people say God says or that you wouldn't care what my God says, as if God was some creation of mine. But suppose there is a God who created all life and knows you like no other and cares about you reaching your potential and being all that He created you to be, would you still not care?

InChrist

Free4ever
They had no proof of any God - just as you don't. That makes it murder.

However, it would also be wrong for a so-called God to do so.

As I said - it is this stuff - that lets me know the God of the Bible - isn't God.

You were not there how do you know they had no proof?

I don't know why "this stuff" should let you know the God of the Bible -isn't God when the stuff you keep objecting to may just be your faulty assumptions. If God is God who created life in the first place it stands to reason that such a Being would have the wisdom and be the only One with the right to judge when a person or culture has become wicked to the point of necessitating judgment. I just don't believe that such judgment exercised on the part of the ultimate Creator has any similarity to murder and it seems extremely illogical when I hear someone continually attempt to make that comparison.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
You were not there how do you know they had no proof?

I don't know why "this stuff" should let you know the God of the Bible -isn't God when the stuff you keep objecting to may just be your faulty assumptions. If God is God who created life in the first place it stands to reason that such a Being would have the wisdom and be the only One with the right to judge when a person or culture has become wicked to the point of necessitating judgment. I just don't believe that such judgment exercised on the part of the ultimate Creator has any similarity to murder and it seems extremely illogical when I hear someone continually attempt to make that comparison.

That The God can murder, torture, push infanticide, be infantile himself in his neediness to be worshiped to the point of eternal torture for non- believers, proves that this book is just the writings of ancient Men, - and nothing to do with any god.

And your answers about this murder, etc., show the warped lengths some Christians will go to, - to defend anything the Bible says its god did. Murder, Rape, infanticide is OK cause my Bible says my God did it, or condoned it!

It is appalling to me that you folks think this way, and condone this crap. But it sure lets me know how atrocities of torture and murder - like the Inquisition, can be brought about and condoned by Christians.

InChrist

Free4ever
really?
What is it called when "The One Creator" commits genocide?

As I said God does not commit genocide. As the Creator of all life in the first place God holds the power of life or death for each person. In the biblical accounts where God determined the wickedness of a people had reached the extreme He executed what is called Judgment.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
As I said God does not commit genocide. As the Creator of all life in the first place God holds the power of life or death for each person. In the biblical accounts where God determined the wickedness of a people had reached the extreme He executed what is called Judgment.

Baloney! Once people are on the earth - with family and children, it is indeed murder, and genocide, to wipe them out, - especially the innocent babies along with the adults.

Judgment - on innocent babies? What happened to free will?

InChrist

Free4ever
That The God can murder, torture, push infanticide, be infantile himself in his neediness to be worshiped to the point of eternal torture for non- believers, proves that this book is just the writings of ancient Men, - and nothing to do with any god.

And your answers about this murder, etc., show the warped lengths some Christians will go to, - to defend anything the Bible says its god did. Murder, Rape, infanticide is OK cause my Bible says my God did it, or condoned it!

It is appalling to me that you folks think this way, and condone this crap. But it sure lets me know how atrocities of torture and murder - like the Inquisition, can be brought about and condoned by Christians.

Christians did not condone the Inquisitions and many thousands of Christians were victims of the Inquisitions done by the political/religious entity of the Catholic Church.

I will say that the god you have come up with has no relation to the biblical God who cannot murder, does not torture and certainly does not need our worship. It is a sad display of Bible illiteracy.

Last edited:

InChrist

Free4ever
Baloney! Once people are on the earth - with family and children, it is indeed murder, and genocide, to wipe them out, - especially the innocent babies along with the adults.

Judgment - on innocent babies? What happened to free will?

Babies born into depraved cultures where they may very well have been sacrificed to pagan gods or grown-up to sacrifice their own children was already void of freewill by humans who had given themselves over to evil.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Christians did not condone the Inquisitions and many thousands of Christians were victims of the Inquisitions done by the political/religious entity of the Catholic Church.

I will say that the god you have come up with has no relation to the biblical God who cannot murder and does not torture. It is a sad display of Bible illiteracy.

No true Scotsman bull!

All the evil things the church did - are false - they weren't true Christians! LOL!

Also, obviously there are numerous other examples.