• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I believe Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If you truly believe in him you will be with him. Being with him faithfully is what will save you as he is saved.

Sultan Of Swing

I believe Jesus Christ is honestly my Lord and Savior.

How am I saved?

How am I not?
True belief in Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour means you would be saved. That doesn't mean simple intellectual assent though, it goes further, to actual repentance, to the turning away from sin and towards Jesus, to submitting to Him as Lord over your life, to believing in what He has done for us, that God died for us on the cross. As such you are saved by Jesus having paid the penalty for your sin that you deserved, having endured the wrath of God dying on the cross, and so the Holy Spirit comes to live within you and begin sanctifying you, conforming you to the image of God's Son.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
according to Christianity he is not saved , he punished and killed on the cross .

according to Islam he is saved .
We believers are not of flesh. To say, "he was not saved, he was killed" is antithesis of Christianity. Matthew 10:28

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
True belief in Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour means you would be saved. That doesn't mean simple intellectual assent though, it goes further, to actual repentance, to the turning away from sin and towards Jesus, to submitting to Him as Lord over your life, to believing in what He has done for us, that God died for us on the cross. As such you are saved by Jesus having paid the penalty for your sin that you deserved, having endured the wrath of God dying on the cross, and so the Holy Spirit comes to live within you and begin sanctifying you, conforming you to the image of God's Son.

I agree. I have been around people who say "just say these words" and you are saved. I find that appalling just as those who say they are saved but do nothing towards their salvation.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
If you truly believe in him you will be with him. Being with him faithfully is what will save you as he is saved.

I can do that with just about any belief to "say the words" and I am healed. Wouldnt you say there is more to being saved than having the motivation/initation in your heart? I mean, in my heart I believe that my grandmothers are talking to me and help me out. That is fine but if I dont communicate and do things for them, they are just words floating in the wind.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Reminds me of those t.v. shows where someone is walking in crutches and then he "believes himself healed" by saying the words. Then he starts walking and then dancing because he once disbelieved and in those few minutes, now he can walk.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I can do that with just about any belief to "say the words" and I am healed. Wouldnt you say there is more to being saved than having the motivation/initation in your heart? I mean, in my heart I believe that my grandmothers are talking to me and help me out. That is fine but if I dont communicate and do things for them, they are just words floating in the wind.
Do things for them? What do you mean?
I think that a Christian has learned to do for The Lord.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Do things for them? What do you mean?
I think that a Christian has learned to do for The Lord.

I think the differences in christian and some pagan beliefs is that many christians say they dont do things towards their salvation. The actions come after. In my faith (even Buddhism), actions are the faith. So, to do things "for" my grandmothers, its like treating my mother for her birthday or taing her out because she is my mother. Its not for reward or to earn things but a relationship and things you want to do because of the relationship you have with god (or ancestors or so have you).

Since I am honestly pretty much a gypsy when it comes to faith, I can say "I believe in Christ" and "I believe in Allah" with the same conviction and motivation. I can even devote myself to one and to the other (not at the same time). But, to me, that doesnt matter when you actually have a relationship with ones gods or family etc.... goes beyond what you believe. It goes beyond doing things based on any belief you say you are convicted in.

But if I "I pray to know Jesus is my Lord and Savior" I am doing something to where there is no belief in this statement, just knowledge. How do I know? Because I pray.

Kinda complicated. Just kinda interesting that some christians say "just say the word with heartfelt conviction and youre saved". Jesus didnt die for people because he just believed it. He died for people by doing something: dying on the cross.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think the differences in christian and some pagan beliefs is that many christians say they dont do things towards their salvation. The actions come after. In my faith (even Buddhism), actions are the faith. So, to do things "for" my grandmothers, its like treating my mother for her birthday or taing her out because she is my mother. Its not for reward or to earn things but a relationship and things you want to do because of the relationship you have with god (or ancestors or so have you).

Since I am honestly pretty much a gypsy when it comes to faith, I can say "I believe in Christ" and "I believe in Allah" with the same conviction and motivation. I can even devote myself to one and to the other (not at the same time). But, to me, that doesnt matter when you actually have a relationship with ones gods or family etc.... goes beyond what you believe. It goes beyond doing things based on any belief you say you are convicted in.

But if I "I pray to know Jesus is my Lord and Savior" I am doing something to where there is no belief in this statement, just knowledge. How do I know? Because I pray.

Kinda complicated. Just kinda interesting that some christians say "just say the word with heartfelt conviction and youre saved". Jesus didnt die for people because he just believed it. He died for people by doing something: dying on the cross.
When you said,
in my heart I believe that my grandmothers are talking to me and help me out
I thought you meant your dead grandmothers.

Deathbydefault

Apistevist Asexual Atheist
I believe Jesus Christ is honestly my Lord and Savior.

How am I saved?

How am I not?

It's a mentality.

A believer might say "if you truly accept him, you are saved".
A nonbeliever might say "it doesn't matter if you accept him or not, there's nothing to be saved from".
Both statements have equal basis, it's a matter of which one you take to.

buddhist

I agree. I have been around people who say "just say these words" and you are saved. I find that appalling just as those who say they are saved but do nothing towards their salvation.
Say the magic words while knocking your heels together three times, then you must take the water dunking challenge. :) Fish hats, secret handshakes, magic underwear, and lots of hairspray may or may not be optional.

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
It's a mentality.

A believer might say "if you truly accept him, you are saved".
A nonbeliever might say "it doesn't matter if you accept him or not, there's nothing to be saved from".
Both statements have equal basis, it's a matter of which one you take to.

I see not how you are 'saved'.

If a loving all powerful god existed you already would be.

What do you think of this response?

Scott C.

Just one guy
Say the magic words while knocking your heels together three times, then you must take the water dunking challenge. :) Fish hats, secret handshakes, magic underwear, and lots of hairspray may or may not be optional.

Oh the depths of ignorance.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
When you said, I thought you meant your dead grandmothers.

I did. Not dead though. I do believe my grandmothers are alive and help me out. I know this because I see it, pray, and do things that keep that connection alive.

When I hear a christian say "just say the words" I get confused. I didnt just say the words with my grandmothers. I talked with them. Kept a strong connection by action.

Last edited: