• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I believe in Creation ...and Evolution

Lady Crimson

credo quia absurdum
call me a dreamer, call me a (introduce bad word), call me what you will but I think that Evolution and Creation can go hand in hand. I mean, why can't our Creator (whoever he may be ) have created the amiba or paramecium first? and then we could have evolved into what we are today. You first need the seed to grow the plant. Why are we so egotistical as to believe that He created us as we are today? He just planted the seed and let mother nature (Evolution) do the rest.

Yerda

Veteran Member
Lady Crimson said:
I mean, why can't our Creator (whoever he may be ) have created the amiba or paramecium first? and then we could have evolved into what we are today.
I presume you are imagining a creator designed the first cellular system. If you are inclined to believe there is a creator who made the universe then it is no great leap to consider it started life.

Sounds fine to me.

If you want to seek answers instead of the laziness of a creator, there is absolutely no reason to assume this.

Lady Crimson said:
Why are we so egotistical as to believe that He created us as we are today?
Why believe that this He created anything?

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Lady Crimson said:
call me a dreamer, call me a (introduce bad word), call me what you will but I think that Evolution and Creation can go hand in hand. I mean, why can't our Creator (whoever he may be ) have created the amiba or paramecium first? and then we could have evolved into what we are today. You first need the seed to grow the plant. Why are we so egotistical as to believe that He created us as we are today? He just planted the seed and let mother nature (Evolution) do the rest.
God is truly the greatest scientist of all. I do not believe that in His mind there is any conflict at all between science and religion, between evolution and the Biblical account of the creation. There is so much we don't understand about both evolution and creationism. Someday in the eternities, when all the facts are known, the two will mesh together perfectly.

SK2005

Saint in training
There is so much that we don't know about God, he really does work in mysterious ways, in ways that we cannot, because we are incapable, of understanding. To me, your, (which is often mine:)) theory is perfectly reasonable! :)

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
I wholeheartedly agree Lady Crimson! Frubals on your head.

If you want to seek answers instead of the laziness of a creator,
What a bunch of condescending poppycock. I wonder why some choose to insult those of us with deeply held beliefs. Does our faith challenge you that much, that you have to resort to name calling? Or is it that it frightens you, because you simply don't understand it?

Yerda

Veteran Member
NetDoc said:
What a bunch of condescending poppycock. I wonder why some choose to insult those of us with deeply held beliefs. Does our faith challenge you that much, that you have to resort to name calling? Or is it that it frightens you, because you simply don't understand it?
What is condescending about my statement?

I never intended to insult anyone, I am sorry that the outcome is such. Honestly.

No, I don't find faith challenging, or frightening, granted that I do not understand it. I think you've completely misunderstood my point.

linwood

call me a dreamer, call me a (introduce bad word), call me what you will but I think that Evolution and Creation can go hand in hand.

Many theists share your view.

Why are we so egotistical as to believe that He created us as we are today? He just planted the seed and let mother nature (Evolution) do the rest.

Many theists believe we were created as we are now because that is exactly what their religious texts tell them happened.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Perhaps, you misunderstood mine.

True belief in a creator is ANYTHING but lazy. Indicating such is truly condescending for those of us who expend a TON of energy in the following of our faith. Creationists are constanly villified by many of those who purport to be a part of the current intelligencia. We are often depicted as lazy, stupid, insecure, full of nonsense, intellectually dishonest, etc. etc.

Rather than seeing the bias continue, I thought I would attempt to set the record straight, and perhaps shed some light on just how this intellectual bigotry is seen by those of us on the receiving end.

Scott1

..... ummmm, HELLO.

Can we please make an attempt to discuss the thread instead of whining and namecalling please?

Fatmop

Believers attempt to explain, within the constraints of their beliefs, why God would create the universe. Many say it is impossible to understand, but I would like to ask if any of you have any idea of the cosmic 'why?'

robtex

Veteran Member
For those that say they believe in both could you please explain

1) what aspects of our exitance are outside of evolution
2) what the human soul evolved from

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
1) who says any part of it has to be outside it?
2) the primordial bacterial soul. :D Wich came from the primordial viral soul and so on...
(granted this is my N.A view of 'soul' wich is a bit different from the 'abrahamic' view)

As for why, why not? Creation is, do I have to know WHY it happined? Do I need to know why the big bang happined? No.
It would be fun to know and perhaps someday I will but I'm not going to pull my hair out over it. :cool:

wa:do

Lady Crimson

credo quia absurdum
Wow, glad my thread brought so many different thoughts to one place.

Why do you talk about the soul, robtex, as it is something that proves religion wrong. Our concience (didn't spell that correctly) is our soul, it dictates what is good and what is bad, what is better done and what is not. The mind and soul are one for me.

robtex

Veteran Member
Lady Crimson said:
The mind and soul are one for me.
than why not just call it your mind?

I bring up the soul cause in my understanding of evolutionary biology nothing that is living is outside of the system of evolution but than so many people believe there is a soul. If there is a soul and it is in the system what did it evolve from ?

Ceridwen018

That's great, Lady Crimson! Although, I wouldn't say that you believe in evolution AND creationism. Creationism is more of an anti-evolution, psuedo-theory. What you are describing sounds more like "God-inspired evolution" or something like that, but you're not crazy at all! It's the perfect way to blend science and religion for those who choose to do so!

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
robtex said:
I bring up the soul cause in my understanding of evolutionary biology nothing that is living is outside of the system of evolution but than so many people believe there is a soul.
Neither evolutionary biology nor any other science has anything whatsoever to say about some supernatural entity.