• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I believe God loves gays and lesbians

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
My belief: Using an analogy of the sun, the sun's nature is, in lay terms, light, shining. So we say that the sun shines because it's nature is to "shine". In duality terms, God's nature is loving as the sun's is shining. So I believe that, in these terms, God's love shines on everyone and everything no matter what they identify as.

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW
When someone is identifying a group by their sexual orientation, you are not going to convince me to not call it an identity. It might be a weak identity for members of that group, but it’s an identity within the social sphere.
So, you're saying your identity is ___sexuality? Does this apply to heterosexuals too?

You do realize most people are not activists? Most of the people you encounter on any given day give no indication of being straight, gay, or other.

Treasure Hunter

So, you're saying your identity is ___sexuality? Does this apply to heterosexuals too?

You do realize most people are not activists? Most of the people you encounter on any given day give no indication of being straight, gay, or other.
It’s useful to think of identities in terms of imposed identities and consciously chosen identities. You seem to be viewing identity only in terms of consciously chosen identities. My sexual orientation, my gender, my name, etc are imposed identities.

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW
It’s useful to think of identities in terms of imposed identities and consciously chosen identities. You seem to be viewing identity only in terms of consciously chosen identities. My sexual orientation, my gender, my name, etc are imposed identities.
Who is imposing your sexual identity on you?

I believe God is love.

And because of this I believe God loves all his creatures.

Any thoughts?
Bible tells God loves even His enemies:

but I say to you, Love your enemies; bless those cursing you, do well to those hating you; and pray for those abusing and persecuting you, so that you may become sons of your Father in Heaven. Because He causes the sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the just and unjust. For if you love those loving you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax-collectors do the same? And if you only greet your brothers, what exceptional thing do you do? Do not the tax-collectors do so? Therefore, you be perfect even as your Father in Heaven is perfect.
Matt. 5:44-48

It doesn't mean He accepts all wrong actions.