• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I and the father are one.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
When you see the proof you will say that if is not proof.

The reason is that you do not want to see the truth.

God gives the truth to whom He will. The scriptures tells you so but it seems you don’t believe that either at this time… but how could you unless God draws you to understand it.

BUT IF HE DOES…… do not be disbelieving it!!!!

Who has ears to hear but cannot hear - Who has eyes to see but cannot see?
Still not saying which Bible translation is the one you like to use, so it's still your opinion about corruption of the text. No evidence to back up your claim.

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
Still not saying which Bible translation is the one you like to use, so it's still your opinion about corruption of the text. No evidence to back up your claim.
What interest is it to you which translation I use? The truth is not in a specific translation - as I’ve told you before.

If you are really asking ‘Which Bible do you read from’ then it is the King James Version. But, like I told you already, it’s only because it is the most legible in my style of reading - not because of any specific translation wording…

The King James Version has been examined widely and found to be errored - but then so has EVERY translation of the holy scriptures.

So, again… what’s your interest in which book I read given I’ve already explained everything I’ve just re-iterated to you above?

Muffled

Jesus in me
Completely incorrect. God always uses angels to do his bidding.

God is not an angel.

How does your inseparable Trio person God separate one of himself to be sent….

Moreover, the ‘Sent’ in ‘sent Jesus’ means that Jesus was made to face unrighteousness, adversity and wickedness in the world. Hence it only occurred after Jesus was baptised with the spirit of God.

After Jesus conquered adversity, wickedness and unrighteousness, Jesus said, ‘Father, it is done….’ And to the disciples: ‘I am no longer in the world … but you are still in the world… I SEND YOU [into the world just as my Father sent me [into the world]…
Now, it could scarely be that the disciples were not ‘on earth’ when Jesus ‘sent them’ therefore the ‘being sent’ is not about the physical world but rather, the disciples were to face adversity, unrighteousness, and wickedness, just as Jesus had:
  • “Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.” (Romans 12:2)
Being in or of the world means participating in wickedness, sinfulness, unrighteousness and doing what else is unpleasant to God.

I believe He accompanied two angels to visit Abraham and it was not the angels who spoke to Abraham.

I believe He is in the sense of being a messenger but He does not inhabit an angelic being although I suppose He could.

I believe you are very confused. God is one not three separate beings. He sends His Spirit into the conception of Jesus and abides there until He leaves the body on the cross.

I suppose the killing of children in Bethlehem was not adversity in your book?

I believe there is nothing in that text about where they are sent from.

Muffled

Jesus in me
God does not die. No part of God dies. His hands do not die, his feet do not die, HE does not die. Jesus was not a god or God in human form. He was not a trinity in human form.

I believe you are blaspheming God with lies about Him. You are right that God does not die but then neither do we in the spiritual sense but our bodies do and so did the body of Jesus.

I believe the body that God inhabited (Jesus) had hands and feet that died and so it is with believers as well.

I I believe you are right that God is not a Trinity but the Trinity is God.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I'd like to mention something here about divinity. Considering Colossians 2:9 shows that having “divinity,” or “divine nature,” does not make Christ the same as the One that sent him. Paul says in the previous chapter that “God saw good for all fullness to dwell in him.” (Col 1:19) So all fullness dwells in Christ because it “pleased the Father” (King James and Douay translation), and it was “by God’s own choice.” So the fullness of the divinity that dwells in Christ is his because that is what the Father decided. This does not make Christ the same person as Almighty God. Paul later speaks of Christ as being “seated at the right hand of God.”—Col 3:1.

I believe you can state that it doesn't make Jesus divine until the cows come home but it does not change the fact that He is God in the flesh.

YoursTrue

I believe you can state that it doesn't make Jesus divine until the cows come home but it does not change the fact that He is God in the flesh.
So you think Jesus was praying to himself when he addressed God? (or maybe his equal?)
P.S. Jesus was given divine qualities. It doesn't make him God-equal-to-God-in-the-flesh. It makes him special, given divine qualities by his Father. God does not die. No part of God dies.

Soapy

I believe He accompanied two angels to visit Abraham and it was not the angels who spoke to Abraham.

I’m glad that you only say that that is what you believe. This leaves room for the truth that you are wrong. God never leaves his ethereal ‘throne’ in Heaven:
  • “But you, O Lord, will sit on your throne forever. Your fame will endure to every generation” (Psalm 102:12)
To leave his throne would mean the throne is abandoned - it never is. God issues commands, orders, directives, to his holy angels - and they do his Will.

Those who do the Will of God are SONS OF GOD:
  • “… your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.” (Matthew 6:10)
  • “For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God.” (Romans 8:14)
I believe He is in the sense of being a messenger but He does not inhabit an angelic being although I suppose He could.

You are saying that almighty God is a messenger….? A messenger to/for whom?
I believe you are very confused. God is one not three separate beings. He sends His Spirit into the conception of Jesus and abides there until He leaves the body on the cross.

God is not three beings - at least you got part of that right. As for ‘separate’, nah! That’s thrashing! But then again, I never ever said any such thing or implied three or separate three beings. It is you trying to wheedle your way out of your trinity farcical ideology. I said that God is a single being… Single does not include three anything’s!
I suppose the killing of children in Bethlehem was not adversity in your book?

What ‘Killing Children’ are you referring to?

But, moreover, God does not regard humanity as humanity regards itself. We cannot see sin, as God regards sin, in others. Sin is a cancer.

I’m not sure where you brought the aspect of ‘killing children’ from but in answer: If a tribe or nation or simple group of entities is SO RIDDLED with a CANCER such that generation after generation will manifest that cancer, then it must be destroyed - yes, even the innocent ones in whom the cancer is manifest. Think of this: if there is cancer in the flesh or bone of the body, do you allow the cancer to remain for the sake of the flesh or bone of the body? Or do you destroy the flesh or bone that contains the cancer?
I’m guessing you know enough to say, ‘destroy’. Well, God sees those cancerous nations as a cancer that will effect other tribes and nations if allowed to manifest itself in those tribes and nations. Remember that God punished a king for not destroying everything of what that tribe the king ruled over. Do we also not kill (cull…!) animals infected with pestilence (Bird flu, mad cow desease, …!) Why? Are you playing the ‘It’s a Child Card’ on me!?

I believe there is nothing in that text about where they are sent from.
You are stressing the discussion because you cannot find against what has been said to you. I explained everything to you but you feign ignorance! Why?

But just to answer you AGAIN: As Jesus was growing up and becoming an adult of note (30 years old), he had not FACED ANY ADVERSITY or UNRIGHTEOUSNESS of note… he was not ‘IN THE WORLD [of adversity and unrighteousness].

As he knew the time to face the WORLD was at hand, he stood up in the synagogue and found the place that pointed to his ‘Coming INTO the World’:
  • “He went to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and on the Sabbath day he went into the synagogue, as was his custom. He stood up to read,…” (Luke 4:16)
Note that until now, Jesus was just a Jewish man doing what Jewish men do in the synagogue. He had not been singled out in any way nor pointed at negatively.
  • “… and the scroll of the prophet Isaiah was handed to him. Unrolling it, he found the place where it is written:
    • “The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”
    • “Then he rolled up the scroll, gave it back to the attendant and sat down. The eyes of everyone in the synagogue were fastened on him…”
    • “He began by saying to them, “Today this scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.”
    • “All spoke well of him and were amazed at the gracious words that came from his lips. “Isn’t this Joseph’s son?” they asked.(Luke 4:17-22)
Here in the verse above, the scriptures shows Jesus pointing at HIS time. Jesus opens up TO THE WORLD that HE WAS ABOUT TO COME INTO THE WORLD. Note the last verse quoted: ‘All spoke well of him’ but soon they would speak ill of him (read through to verse 49!).

So, ask yourself, what inflicted this change in Jesus? Was it not AFTER he had been baptised with the Spirit of God…. THAT was when GOD SENT HIM… and his FIRST ADVERSARY and UNRIGHTEOUS was faced in his weekly synagogue of his own home town!

Now do you understand?

Muffled

Jesus in me
So you think Jesus was praying to himself when he addressed God? (or maybe his equal?)
P.S. Jesus was given divine qualities. It doesn't make him God-equal-to-God-in-the-flesh. It makes him special, given divine qualities by his Father. God does not die. No part of God dies.

I believe God is capable of praying to Himself.

I believe Jesus has divine qualities because He is God in the flesh.

God did not die. Jesus did not die; it only appeared so. The body of Jesus died after the Spirit of God departed.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I’m glad that you only say that that is what you believe. This leaves room for the truth that you are wrong. God never leaves his ethereal ‘throne’ in Heaven:
  • “But you, O Lord, will sit on your throne forever. Your fame will endure to every generation” (Psalm 102:12)
To leave his throne would mean the throne is abandoned - it never is. God issues commands, orders, directives, to his holy angels - and they do his Will.

Those who do the Will of God are SONS OF GOD:
  • “… your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.” (Matthew 6:10)
  • “For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God.” (Romans 8:14)

You are saying that almighty God is a messenger….? A messenger to/for whom?

God is not three beings - at least you got part of that right. As for ‘separate’, nah! That’s thrashing! But then again, I never ever said any such thing or implied three or separate three beings. It is you trying to wheedle your way out of your trinity farcical ideology. I said that God is a single being… Single does not include three anything’s!

What ‘Killing Children’ are you referring to?

But, moreover, God does not regard humanity as humanity regards itself. We cannot see sin, as God regards sin, in others. Sin is a cancer.

I’m not sure where you brought the aspect of ‘killing children’ from but in answer: If a tribe or nation or simple group of entities is SO RIDDLED with a CANCER such that generation after generation will manifest that cancer, then it must be destroyed - yes, even the innocent ones in whom the cancer is manifest. Think of this: if there is cancer in the flesh or bone of the body, do you allow the cancer to remain for the sake of the flesh or bone of the body? Or do you destroy the flesh or bone that contains the cancer?
I’m guessing you know enough to say, ‘destroy’. Well, God sees those cancerous nations as a cancer that will effect other tribes and nations if allowed to manifest itself in those tribes and nations. Remember that God punished a king for not destroying everything of what that tribe the king ruled over. Do we also not kill (cull…!) animals infected with pestilence (Bird flu, mad cow desease, …!) Why? Are you playing the ‘It’s a Child Card’ on me!?

You are stressing the discussion because you cannot find against what has been said to you. I explained everything to you but you feign ignorance! Why?

But just to answer you AGAIN: As Jesus was growing up and becoming an adult of note (30 years old), he had not FACED ANY ADVERSITY or UNRIGHTEOUSNESS of note… he was not ‘IN THE WORLD [of adversity and unrighteousness].

As he knew the time to face the WORLD was at hand, he stood up in the synagogue and found the place that pointed to his ‘Coming INTO the World’:
  • “He went to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and on the Sabbath day he went into the synagogue, as was his custom. He stood up to read,…” (Luke 4:16)
Note that until now, Jesus was just a Jewish man doing what Jewish men do in the synagogue. He had not been singled out in any way nor pointed at negatively.
  • “… and the scroll of the prophet Isaiah was handed to him. Unrolling it, he found the place where it is written:
    • “The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”
    • “Then he rolled up the scroll, gave it back to the attendant and sat down. The eyes of everyone in the synagogue were fastened on him…”
    • “He began by saying to them, “Today this scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.”
    • “All spoke well of him and were amazed at the gracious words that came from his lips. “Isn’t this Joseph’s son?” they asked.(Luke 4:17-22)
Here in the verse above, the scriptures shows Jesus pointing at HIS time. Jesus opens up TO THE WORLD that HE WAS ABOUT TO COME INTO THE WORLD. Note the last verse quoted: ‘All spoke well of him’ but soon they would speak ill of him (read through to verse 49!).

So, ask yourself, what inflicted this change in Jesus? Was it not AFTER he had been baptised with the Spirit of God…. THAT was when GOD SENT HIM… and his FIRST ADVERSARY and UNRIGHTEOUS was faced in his weekly synagogue of his own home town!

Now do you understand?

I believe you are wrong for two reasons: First you assume that is so without any evidence, Second God is omnipresent and not limited to Heaven.

And I believe that is where you are in error. Because God is omnipresent, then He is still on His throne while in Jesus.

I believe it is a message to everyone since His words are in the Bible.

I believe that is correct but that fact does not alter the Trinity.

I believe you can say that based on your imagination. I believe He has said at lest three words at times. Do you see how your imagination causes you to err?

I believe this is false; the Spirit of God is in Jesus at conception just as Luke reports it.

I believe your explanations are bogus but you are so closed minded that you just keep prattling on.

Soapy

I believe you are wrong for two reasons: First you assume that is so without any evidence, Second God is omnipresent and not limited to Heaven.
It is the spirit of God that is sent out into the world.

God himself does not come into the world since doing so would destroy it.

‘We are Gods!!’, we are made in the image of God. This means that we can create systems just as God created this physical system. But a system designer does not ‘go into his system’, he created and deploys ‘programmes and applications’ to manage the system or employs workers to do that for him…. God creates and deploys angels to do his work USING the energy of holy spirit.
And I believe that is where you are in error. Because God is omnipresent, then He is still on His throne while in Jesus.
God is omnipresent by means of His Spirit.
I believe it is a message to everyone since His words are in the Bible.
I’m not sure what you are referring to, here.
I believe that is correct but that fact does not alter the Trinity.
Being correct alters everything about the fallacy of the trinity… it is exactly and diametrically opposed to the trinity!!
I believe you can say that based on your imagination. I believe He has said at lest three words at times. Do you see how your imagination causes you to err?
The reason I can say it is because it is the truth - imagination does not come into the discussion.
I believe this is false; the Spirit of God is in Jesus at conception just as Luke reports it.
No! That’s not quite right. The spirit of God GAVE LIFE to Jesus … THEREFORE … Jesus was sinless, righteous, and holy. But he STILL had to prove himself. And this is why Jesus did not do ANYTHING of holy mightiness until AFTER he was anointed WITH GOD’s holy Spirit. It is the power of God’s Holy Spirit that enables Jesus to perform miracles … just as electricity is the power that activated electrical system!
Do you see the same thing when the apostles were anointed with Holy Spirit? They, too, were able to carry out wonderful miracles.
I believe your explanations are bogus but you are so closed minded that you just keep prattling on.
I am closed minded about the truth - That is true!

Last edited:

YoursTrue

I believe God is capable of praying to Himself.

I believe Jesus has divine qualities because He is God in the flesh.

God did not die. Jesus did not die; it only appeared so. The body of Jesus died after the Spirit of God departed.
So God tells himself what he'd like himself to do, according to you?

Soapy

So God tells himself what he'd like himself to do, according to you?
Trinitarians are getting even more desperate.

But truth be known - Trinity belief will exist until Jesus returns because only he can put an end to the delusion. We, in the meantime, can try our best to gently warn others to:
  • ‘Come out of her lest the affliction that awaits her is set on you, too…!’ (Paraphrased from Jeremiah 51:45 and Rev 18:4, and, of course, a reference to Lot in Sodom)

Muffled

Jesus in me
It is the spirit of God that is sent out into the world.

God himself does not come into the world since doing so would destroy it.

‘We are Gods!!’, we are made in the image of God. This means that we can create systems just as God created this physical system. But a system designer does not ‘go into his system’, he created and deploys ‘programmes and applications’ to manage the system or employs workers to do that for him…. God creates and deploys angels to do his work USING the energy of holy spirit.

God is omnipresent by means of His Spirit.

I’m not sure what you are referring to, here.

Being correct alters everything about the fallacy of the trinity… it is exactly and diametrically opposed to the trinity!!

The reason I can say it is because it is the truth - imagination does not come into the discussion.

No! That’s not quite right. The spirit of God GAVE LIFE to Jesus … THEREFORE … Jesus was sinless, righteous, and holy. But he STILL had to prove himself. And this is why Jesus did not do ANYTHING of holy mightiness until AFTER he was anointed WITH GOD’s holy Spirit. It is the power of God’s Holy Spirit that enables Jesus to perform miracles … just as electricity is the power that activated electrical system!
Do you see the same thing when the apostles were anointed with Holy Spirit? They, too, were able to carry out wonderful miracles.

I am closed minded about the truth - That is true!

Are you saying that God is something other than Spirit? The Bible says that He is Spirit.

I believe so far you have not even entertained a concept of truth let alone find it. You imagine that you have the truth.

Soapy

Are you saying that God is something other than Spirit? The Bible says that He is Spirit.

I believe so far you have not even entertained a concept of truth let alone find it. You imagine that you have the truth.
No!

God is a SPIRIT BEING. Even a Spirit Being has a SPIRIT of itself.

You are pandering to the temptation of the way scripture translators mistranslated certain words to cause confusion.

A ‘Spirit Being’: ‘God’ and ‘Angels’ are NONE PHYSICAL, IMMATERIAL, ENTITIES.. Spirit persons.

The manner of their BEHAVIOUR, thoughts, actions, Will, character, mood, emotion, attitude… is their SPIRIT.

I cannot understand how or why you are muddling the two meanings.

God sends His Will out into the world so whomever accepts it and holds to it will receive his grace.This is the SPIRIT OF GOD!

How can you confuse THE SPIRIT OF GOD with GOD being SPIRIT?

Nah! You just joshing!!!

YoursTrue

I believe that is certainly so.
OK, let me try to understand this. When the son--Jesus--said the Father has given him authority, he means he's talking to himself? Or put another way, that he, Jesus (or the Father) gave the authority to himself?

Soapy

OK, let me try to understand this. When the son--Jesus--said the Father has given him authority, he means he's talking to himself? Or put another way, that he, Jesus (or the Father) gave the authority to himself?
Bin there - dun that…. Titter….!
They answered that Jesus always had power and authority because he is the son and everything the Father has is his —- even before it was given to him - which they just said it wasn’t given to him….but jesus says it was!!!

I’ve said before (maybe not to you) but Trinitarians do not employ a feedback system in their arguments. A feedback system would show them exactly like above that they are out of sync with something they said before… No! It’s deliberate that they do this else they would have to admit they are in error!! So, in fact, they DO KNOW they are in error!

Yesterday I watched a video where a preacher was trying to answer a question about why we don’t pray to Jesus but to the Father only. His nut shell answer was that since Jesus is God when we pray to the Father we are praying through Jesus so Jesus hears our prayer - and concerning the Holy Spirit, well, HE PERSONALLY prays to [it]. No commitment there… no answer - Truth doesn’t dither - but he did. In fact, if you listened carefully, he doesn’t actually answer the question. He does what many wily people do, particularly politicians, he creates his own question and then answers that… you’re not supposed to notice, though!! If what he was saying was true then there would be no need to waysway the question!

Last edited:

YoursTrue

Bin there - dun that…. Titter….!
They answered that Jesus always had power and authority because he is the son and everything the Father has is his —- even before it was given to him - which they just said it wasn’t given to him….but jesus says it was!!!

I’ve said before (maybe not to you) but Trinitarians do not employ a feedback system in their arguments. A feedback system would show them exactly like above that they are out of sync with something they said before… No! It’s deliberate that they do this else they would have to admit they are in error!! So, in fact, they DO KNOW they are in error!

Yesterday I watched a video where a preacher was trying to answer a question about why we don’t pray to Jesus but to the Father only. His nut shell answer was that since Jesus is God when we pray to the Father we are praying through Jesus so Jesus hears our prayer - and concerning the Holy Spirit, well, HE PERSONALLY prays to [it]. No commitment there… no answer - Truth doesn’t dither - but he did. In fact, if you listened carefully, he doesn’t actually answer the question. He does what many wily people do, particularly politicians, he creates his own question and then answers that… you’re not supposed to notice, though!! If what he was saying was true then there would be no need to waysway the question!
Well, if they're satisfied, nothing is going to sway them.

Soapy

Well, if they're satisfied, nothing is going to sway them.
Let’s hear (read) what Muffled comes up with - gonna be very interesting specially as I have already pointed out their favourite false strategy!!