• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I and the father are one.

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
I believe I have three brothers. I am not equal t two of them in the subject of Biology and one of them in art, and they are not equal to me in computer programming.

Matt 28:18 And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

I believe that is irrelevant sine God in Jesus is eternal.

Are you saying you don't know what the null hypothesis is?

I do believe it. God will always be His God.

I believe that is not true but it could be true for you if you have such a poor image of God that you have created in your imagination.
God does not have a SPIRIT SON as an offspring. That is an impossibility since Spirit CREATES - it cannot PROCREATE!!

Jesus is ADOPTED from mankind as SON to God when God spoke of him as being so:
  • “To which of the angels did God ever say: “You are my Son; THIS DAY I HAVE BECOME YOUR FATHER”’
How are you implying that Jesus was always the Son of God when the scriptures is clear that GOD HIMSELF BECAME his Father?!

Abd why did God adopt a man out of the world to be his spiritual Son (Spiritual - not Spirit!!!)?

Was it because Jesus was continually ‘DOONG THE WORKS OF THE FATHER’?

And who is a Son but ‘He who does the works of the Father’?!

Therefore, to BECOME A SON, you MUST FIRST be doing and continue to be doing THE WORKS OF THE FATHER!

• For, all who are led by the spirit of God Are Children of God!
Holy angels are Sons of God as spirits since they ALWAYS DO the works of the Father.

Jesus is the ultimate and ONLY HUMAN SON of God since he is the only one doing so fully - BUT THE HOPE and IN FAITH is that MANY MORE WILL BECOME SONS (and Daughters) in time to come.

Muffled

Jesus in me
God does not have a SPIRIT SON as an offspring. That is an impossibility since Spirit CREATES - it cannot PROCREATE!!

Jesus is ADOPTED from mankind as SON to God when God spoke of him as being so:
  • “To which of the angels did God ever say: “You are my Son; THIS DAY I HAVE BECOME YOUR FATHER”’
How are you implying that Jesus was always the Son of God when the scriptures is clear that GOD HIMSELF BECAME his Father?!

Abd why did God adopt a man out of the world to be his spiritual Son (Spiritual - not Spirit!!!)?

Was it because Jesus was continually ‘DOONG THE WORKS OF THE FATHER’?

And who is a Son but ‘He who does the works of the Father’?!

Therefore, to BECOME A SON, you MUST FIRST be doing and continue to be doing THE WORKS OF THE FATHER!

• For, all who are led by the spirit of God Are Children of God!
Holy angels are Sons of God as spirits since they ALWAYS DO the works of the Father.

Jesus is the ultimate and ONLY HUMAN SON of God since he is the only one doing so fully - BUT THE HOPE and IN FAITH is that MANY MORE WILL BECOME SONS (and Daughters) in time to come.

Jesus is both a creation and by Mary a procreation. You concept of the Spirit of God is sadly lacking. He created the universe.

I believe that verse does not say that. Those are your words not the words of scripture.

I believe He is capable of that and has done it.

Soapy

Jesus is both a creation and by Mary a procreation. You concept of the Spirit of God is sadly lacking. He created the universe.

I believe that verse does not say that. Those are your words not the words of scripture.

I believe He is capable of that and has done it.
Not sure what you tried to say there but you are wrong in both cases.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Not sure what you tried to say there but you are wrong in both cases.

I believe that reveals your confusion. You don't know what I am saying but you think I am wrong anyway. Not only that you can't point to anything specific so it must just be your imagination that I am wrong.

101G

Addressing the OP,
the Lord Jesus was saying that he is God in flesh. for verse 33 prove it. and verses 34, and 35 put them to the test, "ye are gods". he simply meant, "you are JUDGES" You judge the work I do from the Father. the term "god" here is rendered Judges.
G2316 θεός theos (the-os') n.
1. (properly, in Greek) a god or deity. a supernatural, powerful entity (real or imagined).
2. (by Hebraism, especially with G3588) God, the Supreme Being, the Creator, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, Yahweh by name.
3. (figuratively) a supreme magistrate (in the land).
[of uncertain affinity]
KJV: X exceeding, God, god(-ly, -ward)

note definition #3. a supreme magistrate (in the land). just as in Genesis 1:1 for "GOD".
H430 אֱלֹהִים 'elohiym (el-o-heem') n-m.
אֱלֹהֵי 'elohiy (el-o-hee') [alternate plural]
1. (literally) supreme ones.
2. (hence, in the ordinary sense) gods.
3. (specifically, in the plural, especially with the article) the Supreme God (i.e. the all supreme).
4. (sometimes) supreme, used as a superlative.
5. (occasionally, by way of deference) supreme magistrates, the highest magistrates of the land.
6. (also) the supreme angels (entities of unspecified type).
[plural of H433]
KJV: angels, X exceeding, God (gods)(-dess, -ly), X (very) great, judges, X mighty.
Root(s): H433

and to back up what I'm saying, just another example that JESUS said he is God in Flesh as a man. Matthew 22:41 "While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them," Matthew 22:42 "Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The Son of David." Matthew 22:43 "He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying," Matthew 22:44 "The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?" Matthew 22:45 "If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?" Matthew 22:46 "And no man was able to answer him a word, neither durst any man from that day forth ask him any more questions."

understand, in Psalms 110:1 where the Lord Jesus was quoting from. the term "Lord" there indicated God in Flesh as a man. that's why no one could answer. because God is Both "LORD", and "Lord" shared in flesh as a or in likeness as a man.

so, the Lord Jesus was not Lying.

101G.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Addressing the OP,
the Lord Jesus was saying that he is God in flesh. for verse 33 prove it. and verses 34, and 35 put them to the test, "ye are gods". he simply meant, "you are JUDGES" You judge the work I do from the Father. the term "god" here is rendered Judges.
G2316 θεός theos (the-os') n.
1. (properly, in Greek) a god or deity. a supernatural, powerful entity (real or imagined).
2. (by Hebraism, especially with G3588) God, the Supreme Being, the Creator, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, Yahweh by name.
3. (figuratively) a supreme magistrate (in the land).
[of uncertain affinity]
KJV: X exceeding, God, god(-ly, -ward)

note definition #3. a supreme magistrate (in the land). just as in Genesis 1:1 for "GOD".
H430 אֱלֹהִים 'elohiym (el-o-heem') n-m.
אֱלֹהֵי 'elohiy (el-o-hee') [alternate plural]
1. (literally) supreme ones.
2. (hence, in the ordinary sense) gods.
3. (specifically, in the plural, especially with the article) the Supreme God (i.e. the all supreme).
4. (sometimes) supreme, used as a superlative.
5. (occasionally, by way of deference) supreme magistrates, the highest magistrates of the land.
6. (also) the supreme angels (entities of unspecified type).
[plural of H433]
KJV: angels, X exceeding, God (gods)(-dess, -ly), X (very) great, judges, X mighty.
Root(s): H433

and to back up what I'm saying, just another example that JESUS said he is God in Flesh as a man. Matthew 22:41 "While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them," Matthew 22:42 "Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The Son of David." Matthew 22:43 "He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying," Matthew 22:44 "The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?" Matthew 22:45 "If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?" Matthew 22:46 "And no man was able to answer him a word, neither durst any man from that day forth ask him any more questions."

understand, in Psalms 110:1 where the Lord Jesus was quoting from. the term "Lord" there indicated God in Flesh as a man. that's why no one could answer. because God is Both "LORD", and "Lord" shared in flesh as a or in likeness as a man.

so, the Lord Jesus was not Lying.

101G.

I believe His defense was not an admission that it was the same thing. Think of it this way, if mere men can be said "ye are gods" then it can't be wrong for Jesus to say He is God.

101G

I believe His defense was not an admission that it was the same thing. Think of it this way, if mere men can be said "ye are gods" then it can't be wrong for Jesus to say He is God.
First thanks for the reply, but he did say it and they believe it not. John 8:56 "Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad." John 8:57 "Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?"John 8:58 "Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am." John 8:59 "Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by."

101G

Muffled

Jesus in me
First thanks for the reply, but he did say it and they believe it not. John 8:56 "Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad." John 8:57 "Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?"John 8:58 "Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am." John 8:59 "Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by."

101G

I believe it does not matter that He said that because the rest of His statements reveal that He is God in the flesh.

Soapy

I believe it does not matter that He said that because the rest of His statements reveal that He is God in the flesh.
What do you mean by, “God in the flesh”?

Does God have flesh?

And which one of your gods was in the flesh?
The Son as man?
The spirit of God as a dove?; Tongues of fire?
The Father as a burning bush?

Muffled

Jesus in me
What do you mean by, “God in the flesh”?

Does God have flesh?

And which one of your gods was in the flesh?
The Son as man?
The spirit of God as a dove?; Tongues of fire?
The Father as a burning bush?
I mean the Spirit of God is attached to the flesh in the brain and can rule the mind.

I believe the essence of God is Spirit and there fore does not have flesh.

I believe I only have one God, YHVH.

Soapy

I mean the Spirit of God is attached to the flesh in the brain and can rule the mind.

I believe the essence of God is Spirit and there fore does not have flesh.

I believe I only have one God, YHVH.
Wow, you must have had a great teacher for you to come to the conclusion that the spirit of God is spirit!!!

Are you only just waking up to reality? If yes, then that is mercifully great… but now build on the truth that the spirit of God is the power that God puts out to do His Will. A king merely needs to utter a command for the action in that command to be enacted.

God is king of Heaven, and what he says is enacted by His Spirit: He says:
  • ‘Let there be light!’ … And light appears…
  • ‘Let the waters be gathered up …’ And it is so…
  • ‘I will send My Servant to do My Will…’ and in time the servant appears…
All these things are the result of the actioning force of God - His spirit - His Will - His thought - His command!

Yes, there is no FLESH in the spirit of God. The flesh is a limiting factor associated with creation. Angels are created beings but do not have flesh as part of their being. They can assume a fleshly material outline when interacting with humanity in order not to frighten a human but such a form is temporary only.

God is spirit alone, and never assumes a fleshly form at any time. Why would He. He has millions of servants to do his bidding - to speak his words - to do his Will. Coming into his own creation would destroy it!

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Jesus and god are one but they're also separate.
Jesus and his God are separate but 'one' in being unified in harmony of purpose, will, agreement, goal, trust, objective, etc.
Just as Jesus prayed that he along with his followers would be 'one' at John 17:11 B; John 17:21-23

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
................., but he did say it and they believe it not. John 8:56 "Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad." John 8:57 "Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?"John 8:58 "Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am." John 8:59 "Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by."101G
Both God and pre-human heavenly Jesus were before Abraham - Gen. 1:26 - Jesus being part of the 'us'.
That does Not make Jesus as God because God had No beginning according to Psalm 90:2. (God existed before any beginning )
Whereas Jesus was Not before the beginning as his God was, rather pre-human Jesus was ' in ' the beginning but Not 'before' the beginning.

King James English uses the words "I am" at John 6:58 B but Not as a reference to Exodus but simply that Jesus existed before Abraham.
I existed before Abraham, I am before Abraham was.

Soapy

Both God and pre-human heavenly Jesus were before Abraham - Gen. 1:26 - Jesus being part of the 'us'.
That does Not make Jesus as God because God had No beginning according to Psalm 90:2. (God existed before any beginning )
Whereas Jesus was Not before the beginning as his God was, rather pre-human Jesus was ' in ' the beginning but Not 'before' the beginning.

King James English uses the words "I am" at John 6:58 B but Not as a reference to Exodus but simply that Jesus existed before Abraham.
‘I am’ does not pertain to Jesus being ‘in existence before Abraham’.

First off, ‘I am’ is not the name of God. Nor does it have anything to do with God in any way, shape, or form.

The term, ‘Before’, means, in context, ‘GREATER THAN’. And that ANSWERS the question that the Jews asked Jesus. And THAT IS WHY they took up stones to throw at him: BECAUSE Jesus claimed he was GREATER than the great ancestor, Abraham.
What was the question the Jews asked Jesus??

John the Baptist also used the term ‘BEFORE’ when speaking about the messiah. He said that the messiah was BEFORE him. If a runner has another runner ahead of him in a race, is that other runner not ‘BEFORE’ him. The other runner arrives BEFORE him at the finish line…! Yet we know that John the Baptist was OLDER than Jesus…. Do you not understand the purpose of the story of the birth of John the Baptist??? What other purpose is there but to show John being older than Jesus just as Abraham was older than Jesus.
Abraham, himself, acknowledged that the messiah would be ‘from his own loins’. He was given to FORSEE the coming of the messiah.
Even king David FORSAW that the messiah would be ‘His Son’ (from his lineage).
So there are THREE EXAMPLES of the prediction of the messiah coming into being as PROPHECY!!!

I know you must understand what you think since you have been indoctrinated to believe in a pre-existent Jesus. But I challenge you to show a single thing spoken by scriptures that states action by Jesus in the Torah (Old Testament) scriptures.

101G

INCORRECT, Human have blood. and not flesh and blood is in heaven, but on ly flesh and bone... no blood.
the Lord Jesus is his own IMAGE in flesh, yes, God in flesh as a man.
God had No beginning according to Psalm 90:2. (God existed before any beginning )
Isaiah 44:24 "Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;"

now you do know what "Alone" means right, just in case, Alone: having no one else present. NOW THIS,
speaking of the Word, JESUS, from 1:1. John 1:3 "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made."

now, if this is not the same one person of Isaiah 44:24 who made all things then you have two separate CREATORS, or two separate Gods, your choice.
well [prove] it differently.

G1510 εἰμί eimi (ei-miy') v.
1. I am (i.e. I exist).
2. (emphatically declaring oneself, following G1473) It is I Myself (see Matthew 14:27, Matthew 14:28 and Mark 6:50).
3. (of God himself, following G1473) I AM (this is the comparable Greek form of God's Hebrew name, YAHWEH; compare H3068).
{used only when emphatic}
[first person singular present indicative, a prolonged form of a primary and defective verb]
KJV: am, have been, X it is I, was

101G will be waiting for your answer.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I wonder what Scripture says 'only flesh and bone' in heaven since 1st Cor. 15:50 says 'flesh' can Not inherit God's Kingdom.
Both flesh and bone (and blood too) are physical then the physical does Not go ( be resurrected ) to heaven.
God resurrected Jesus back to his pre-human spirit body according to 1st Peter 3:18 B
Jesus took nothing physical to heaven with him. 1st Timothy 3:16

101G

I wonder what Scripture says 'only flesh and bone' in heaven since 1st Cor. 15:50 says 'flesh' can Not inherit God's Kingdom.
Both flesh and bone (and blood too) are physical then the physical does Not go ( be resurrected ) to heaven.
God resurrected Jesus back to his pre-human spirit body according to 1st Peter 3:18 B
Jesus took nothing physical to heaven with him. 1st Timothy 3:16
1 Corinthians 15:50 "Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption."

when the Lord Jesus ROSE,. did he have BLOOD? No, just Flesh and BONE, no blood. let's check the record. Luke 24:38 "And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?" Luke 24:39 "Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have."

do anyone see the difference? flesh and blood ....... VS ....... flesh and bones. ... thank you.

flesh and blood is Earthly, human.... now Divine flesh. not blood. 1 Corinthians 15:39 "All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds." 1 Corinthians 15:40 "There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another." Hello......

LISTEN CAREFULLY: 1 Corinthians 15:42 "So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:" 1 Corinthians 15:43 "It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:" 1 Corinthians 15:44 "It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body." hello ......

101G.

101G

I want to comment: "gods" can also be translated as exalted ones.
addressing the OP on his second response first. if one read in the Psalms there, it also say this in the very next verse, Psalms 82:6 "I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High." Psalms 82:7 "But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes."

question, did the Lord Jesus die like Men? no, he laid don his like, because no man could take it.

now, addressing the OP the topic. as for being God, Philippians 2:6 "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:" the term form here is NATURE, and God nature is Spirit, (per John 4:24a), and the Scripture states, "BEING" in that nature, (which is God), the term "Being", is present tense. so the Lord Jesus nature, is (Spirit), so, how are they, (Father and Son) a NUMERICAL DIFFERENCE as G243 allos states, is one? answer, in the Hebrew "ECHAD" of ONE "PERSON", as the EQUAL SHARE" of one's OWNSELF. supportive scripture, Isaiah 63:5 "And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me."

God ... "OWN", "OWN", "OWN", ARM is HIM. Hello, ......... his own arm is him. and that ARM of his is REVEALED in Isaiah chapter 53.

understand, the term "Son" is not biological in nature, but metaphorically of his TITLE in character. Son means character or characteristics of God in Flesh, supportive scripture. Hebrews 1:1 "God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets," Hebrews 1:2 "Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;" Hebrews 1:3 "Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;"

the express image of his person, meaning God is his character. it's the Greek word,
G5481 χαρακτήρ charakter (cha-rak-teer') n.
1. an engraver (the tool or the person).
2. (by implication) an engraving.
3. (hence) a “character,” the figure stamped.
4. (by extension) an exact copy.
5. (figuratively) a representation.
[from charasso “to sharpen to a point” (akin to G1125 through the idea of scratching)]
KJV: express image

just as the Lod Jesus said, John 14:5 "Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?" John 14:6 "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:7 "If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him." John 14:8 "Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us." John 14:9 "Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?"

can the Lord Jesus LIE? ,,,, NO.

101G.