• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"I am the way"

ManSinha

As in the Bible God does alot of talking himself and not just the Prophets.

So it seems Muhammad is always putting words in the mouth of Allah.
Could it be that Allah is to afraid to speak

That is speaking out of the two sides of your typing hand - the bible was written by men not by god - they ascribed words to god as did Muhammad - there is no difference there to an unbiased observer - god is a figment of their imagination - does not exist

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
I do not believe exclusivity - like in that statement - is claimed elsewhere

Happy to be corrected if you have the original sources to provide

Krishna was an incarnation of Vishnu - He was the container of the entire universe

It is one thing for an entity to say "I am the Universe" - it is completely different for another to say "The only way to that universe (father) is through me" -

What does "No one comes thru to my father but thru me" mean? Are you that dense or are you prevaricating on purpose?

Firstly, it is my humble view that that statement is only relevant to that period of time as Jesus foretold He would return so upon His return His new appearance and teaching would be the new way as it is said in Revelation that He would reaappear with a new name and a new heaven and a new earth so the statement I am the way is only relevant to that time period until His return.

My belief also is that Christ was speaking in His Station as a Manifestation of God and I believe that man cannot know God except through His Manifestations so His statement is true and correct.

Without turning to the Manifestations I do not believe we can know God. That is my understanding. This applies to all the other Manifestations. When They appeared They were the Way to God, the Father.

QuestioningMind

That is cleverly positioned BS - the writers of the Bible were not aware of the Buddha or Krishna for that matter

Just as those that wrote the Qu'ran down were only aware of the Jews and Christians but not others

Hmm... but I thought that the writers of the bible were inspired by God. Are you suggesting that God was not aware of the Buddha or Krishna?

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
That is cleverly positioned BS - the writers of the Bible were not aware of the Buddha or Krishna for that matter

Just as those that wrote the Qu'ran down were only aware of the Jews and Christians but not others

This is just my own view. I am not saying I am right and others wrong. I am just humbly submitting a view I think we could look at together and see if it might have any truth in it. But it is just my own view.

God, the One Universal Creator God Who inspired the Bible is fully aware of all that is in the past and all that will be so He was fully aware of both Krishna and Buddha. He is the All Knowing.

And God could have inspired Moses or Jesus or any of the Prophets to warn people about Krishna and Buddha if They were false. But He didn’t mention that Buddha or Krishna were false and He is All Knowing.

On the contrary, Christians are told to accept all truth including Buddha and Krishna if this statement be read aright in my humble opinion.

Philippians 4:8

8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Let’s see if Buddha and Krishna fits this description.(my own views)

Were Buddha and Krishna true - yes billions agree
Were Buddha and Krishna honest - yes billions agree
Were Buddha and Krishna just - yes Krishna fought a just war
Were Buddha and Krishna pure - yes billions agree
Were They lovely - yes (spiritually beautiful is my understanding)
Were They of good report - yes (Tyeir fame encompassed humanity)
Was there virtue in what They taught - yes Their teachings are used by billions to model their daily lives upon
Were They praised - yes temples and pagodas were built all over the world to praise Them

So should Christians think about Them positively - yes.

I think it’s important to systematically reflect on any scripture. Reflection can reveal many truths and deep hidden meanings.

The Anointed

The man Jesus was not the sacrifice, it was 'The Son of Man,' who filled his earthly host body [Jesus] with his spirit and who spoke to us through the mouth of Jesus, and when on the cross, Jesus cried out "My God, my God why have you forsaken me," as he gave up the spirit, the anointed one, who cannot actually die, and who is the chosen cornerstone to the glorious new temple of light, who, from within the body of mankind, had been evolving upon the righteous spirits of man that had been gathered to him in his ascension to the ends of the Age, then ceased to be an individual entity by releasing those righteous spirits whose graves were then opened, and three days later they entered the City and showed themselves as the risen 'Anointed One."

See Matthew 27: 51-53.

Who is the CHRIST? Who was the only man to have been taken to the throne of the MOST HIGH in the creation and anointed as his heir and successor, and translated in order that he should not experience death?

ManSinha

This is just my own view. I am not saying I am right and others wrong. I am just humbly submitting a view I think we could look at together and see if it might have any truth in it. But it is just my own view.

God, the One Universal Creator God Who inspired the Bible is fully aware of all that is in the past and all that will be so He was fully aware of both Krishna and Buddha. He is the All Knowing.

And God could have inspired Moses or Jesus or any of the Prophets to warn people about Krishna and Buddha if They were false. But He didn’t mention that Buddha or Krishna were false and He is All Knowing.

On the contrary, Christians are told to accept all truth including Buddha and Krishna if this statement be read aright in my humble opinion.

Philippians 4:8

8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Let’s see if Buddha and Krishna fits this description.(my own views)

Were Buddha and Krishna true - yes billions agree
Were Buddha and Krishna honest - yes billions agree
Were Buddha and Krishna just - yes Krishna fought a just war
Were Buddha and Krishna pure - yes billions agree
Were They lovely - yes (spiritually beautiful is my understanding)
Were They of good report - yes (Tyeir fame encompassed humanity)
Was there virtue in what They taught - yes Their teachings are used by billions to model their daily lives upon
Were They praised - yes temples and pagodas were built all over the world to praise Them

So should Christians think about Them positively - yes.

I think it’s important to systematically reflect on any scripture. Reflection can reveal many truths and deep hidden meanings.

That may be your view - but

1. You are from a different religion
2. Millions of Christians would disagree with you

And pigs could fly .....

The reason is plain and simple - they are not mentioned because the all too human writers did not know about them - don't need to bring a fictional god into it

Last edited:

Faithofchristian

That is speaking out of the two sides of your typing hand - the bible was written by men not by god - they ascribed words to god as did Muhammad - there is no difference there to an unbiased observer - god is a figment of their imagination - does not exist

That all shows just much you have no clue or idea about.
As all Scriptures were given by God, to his holy men to write down accordingly what God gave them to write down.

ManSinha

And you know this because??????.…........
( Other than, others told you so

No one needs to tell me that - as a rational human without blind faith in Jesus or Muhammad I am asking you a question as to your statement about the scriptures from their religions

If you cannot answer - say so - do not try to turn the question around

Here is my reasoning for what it is worth:

God does not physically interact with humans such as dictating scripture - there is zero evidence that that happens

There is the concept of "God inspired" - which is debatable at best -

The content in the bible was written by humans - who as I have indicated - walked on two feet, ate, slept and pooped like other human beings

Once you rationalize and agree with that - we can talk further

The Anointed

No one needs to tell me that - as a rational human without blind faith in Jesus or Muhammad I am asking you a question as to your statement about the scriptures from their religions

If you cannot answer - say so - do not try to turn the question around

Here is my reasoning for what it is worth:

God does not physically interact with humans such as dictating scripture - there is zero evidence that that happens

There is the concept of "God inspired" - which is debatable at best -

The content in the bible was written by humans - who as I have indicated - walked on two feet, ate, slept and pooped like other human beings

Once you rationalize and agree with that - we can talk further

So your agenda on this religion forum is "WHAT?"

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
you must eat the entire body, head, hoofs, internal organs even though they may not titillate the taste buds of your mind.

Nor are you to break a piece of that body off for yourself and reject the rest
Dear Lord. Such a celebration of cannibalism has never been so boldly stated yet! Praise the Lord, and pass the leg bone. :( Seriously, you don't see any issues with this?

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
That may be your view - but

1. You are from a different religion
2. Millions of Christians would disagree with you

And pigs could fly .....

The reason is plain and simple - they are not mentioned because the all too human writers did not know about them - don't need to bring a fictional god into it

Don’t you believe in God or that God inspired the Bible?

Maybe you can start a thread about your beliefs so we can understand each other better.

Christians do believe the Bible is the Word of God and that these human writers were Divinely inspired.

I noticed you’re a Sikh in your profile and my understanding is Guru Nanak taught there is one God so I am confused when you mention ‘fictitious God’ because Sikhs believe God exists.

And billions of Christians believe God inspired the writers of the Bible.

InChrist

Free4ever
What do you think of people who lived in places where these tales have never been heard? So, either people who lived before Jesus, or people who lived after Jesus but they have never been reached by any missionary.

How will they be judged?

Ciao

- viole
From what I see in the scriptures, people who have never heard the gospel or never had a missionary will be judged simply according to the knowledge of God they do have, however limited that may be and their response.

ManSinha

Don’t you believe in God or that God inspired the Bible?
In a word - No

Maybe you can start a thread about your beliefs so we can understand each other better.
I seem to taking the chance to read up on other faiths - may be you can do the sane

I noticed you’re a Sikh in your profile and my understanding is Guru Nanak taught there is one God so I am confused when you mention ‘fictitious God’ because Sikhs believe God exists.
God for me is a non transactional universal divine - one who does not "demand" worship, sanction the deaths of unbelievers and meddle in human affairs - anything else is made up and fictional

And billions of Christians believe God inspired the writers of the Bible.
On the contrary, Christians are told to accept all truth including Buddha and Krishna if this statement be read aright in my humble opinion

That is their prerogative - what they will not believe is that Krishna / Buddha are on the same level or that they should accept them as prophets as well - please read what I quoted before you go refuting it

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
In a word - No

I seem to taking the chance to read up on other faiths - may be you can do the sane

God for me is a non transactional universal divine - one who does not "demand" worship, sanction the deaths of unbelievers and meddle in human affairs - anything else is made up and fictional

That is their prerogative - what they will not believe is that Krishna / Buddha are on the same level or that they should accept them as prophets as well - please read what I quoted before you go refuting it

Then our concept of God differs greatly So be it.

I was a devout Christian and I now accept both Buddha and Krishna as equal to Jesus through understanding the Bible.

It will take time for humanity to accept we are all one human family but we will get there eventually I am sure.

The Anointed

In a word - No

gos God

ManSinha wrote...….. God for me is a non transactional universal divine - one who does not "demand" worship, sanction the deaths of unbelievers and meddle in human affairs.

The Anointed...…… you are of course referring to the Logos, who is the essential divine reality of the universe; the eternal spirit from which all being originates and to which all must return.

The first law of thermodynamics is the same as the first law of conservation and that is, that energy can neither be created or destroyed. So it would seem that if energy cannot be created, then it always was, and If it can never be destroyed, it always will be. Therefore, according to this law, energy must be eternal, having neither beginning or end. Energy can be and is converted to that which we perceive as matter. In fact, this material universe at the time of the Big Bang was pure electromagnetic energy, which has been converted to that which we perceive as matter only to be reconverted to its original form as electromagnetic energy during the phase of the Big Crunch. If you believe that a universe of mindless matter has produced beings with intrinsic ends, [in Kantian terminology, an end-in-itself] --------- self- replication capabilities, and “coded chemistry”? Then you must accept that it is the eternal energy which has neither beginning or end, that has become this seemingly material universe and has developed a mind that is the compilation of all the information gathered by all the diverse life-forms that it [The Eternal Energy] or the Logos God, is the collective consciousness of all that it has become.

In fact, it has now been revealed that matter is no more than an illusion. Quantum physicists discovered that so called physical atoms are made up of vortices of energy that are constantly spinning and vibrating, each one radiating its own unique energy signature.

If you observed the composition of an atom with a microscope you would see a small, invisible tornado-like vortex, with a number of infinitely small energy vortices called quarks and photons. These are what make up the structure of the atom. As you focused in closer and closer on the structure of the atom, you would see nothing, you would observe a physical void. The atom has no physical structure, we have no physical structure, physical things really don’t have any physical structure! Atoms are made out of invisible energy, not tangible matter.

Nothing Is Solid & Everything Is Energy – Scientists Explain The World of Quantum Physics*

This God is no respecter of man, he send his blessings on the righteous and the wicked alike, and he sends his disasters on the wicked and the righteous alike. It is 'The Most High' to have developed within the Logos, who is our God and warns and protects us from any approaching disaster.

At the close of each cycle of universal activity, the Most High to have developed in that cycle, enters into Logos as the Supreme Personality of Godhead to the ever evolving Logos..

The root to the word “BRAHMAN” originally meant “SPEECH”, much the same as the “LOGOS” is said to mean ‘WORD. Both can be seen as the essential reality of the universe, both go through cycles of rest and activity, and both can be seen as the thoughts in the Great collective ever evolving mind, that is to be expressed..

At the close of this cycle, Krishna the eighth and principle avatar of the deity Vishnu, enters into Brahman as the Supreme Personality of Godhead.