• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"I am the way"

Neuropteron

according to Mat 7:14there is only one path to salvation.

Jesus claimed that he was that path.(John 14:6)
Jesus is the way in that only through him can we enter into an approved relationship with God.

Why ? Because sin creates a barrier between humans and God, for God is holy and therefore can never approve of sin. (Isaiah 6:3; 59:2) The sacrifice of Jesus removed that barrier; it provided the necessary covering, (atonement), for sin. (Hebrews 10:12; 1 John 1:7)

Additionally Jesus is the way when it comes to prayer.
Only through Jesus can we go to God in prayer with the assurance that our heartfelt petitions will be favorably heard (1 John 5:13, 14).
Since there are many God's it should be understood that Jesus was specifically talking about his father JHVH (in english Jehovah), not just any God.

Jesus claimed that he was the truth.
when he said I am the truth, he was not simply referring to the fact that he made truth known in his speaking, preaching, and teaching. but showed it by fulfilling prophecies and his actions.

Jesus also claimed that he was the life.
It is only through him that we can receive life that is -the real life- (1 Timothy 6:19) The Bible says: He that exercises faith in the Son has everlasting life; he that disobeys the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God remains upon him. (John 3:36) .

For the majority these requirements seem either too simple or too demanding, Preferring to go through complicated rituals, philosophical calisthenics or to believe in astronomical improbabilities.

what do you think ?

The Anointed

Jesus is the way in that only through him can we enter into an approved relationship with God.

Why ? Because sin creates a barrier between humans and God, for God is holy and therefore can never approve of sin. (Isaiah 6:3; 59:2) The sacrifice of Jesus removed that barrier; it provided the necessary covering, (atonement), for sin. (Hebrews 10:12; 1 John 1:7)

Only through Jesus can we go to God in prayer with the assurance that our heartfelt petitions will be favorably heard (1 John 5:13, 14).
Since there are many God's it should be understood that Jesus was specifically talking about his father JHVH (in english Jehovah), not just any God.

when he said I am the truth, he was not simply referring to the fact that he made truth known in his speaking, preaching, and teaching. but showed it by fulfilling prophecies and his actions.

It is only through him that we can receive life that is -the real life- (1 Timothy 6:19) The Bible says: He that exercises faith in the Son has everlasting life; he that disobeys the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God remains upon him. (John 3:36) .

For the majority these requirements seem either too simple or too demanding, Preferring to go through complicated rituals, philosophical calisthenics or to believe in astronomical improbabilities.

what do you think ?

Nothing that came out of the mouth of the man Jesus, were his words, but were the words of the Lord who said to Moses in Deuteronomy 18: 18-19; "I will raise up for them a prophet just like you from among their own brethren; and I will put MY WORDS into his mouth, and I will punish anyone who does not Heed MY WORDS which he shall speak in MY NAME.”

danieldemol

Premium Member

what do you think ?
As a liberal I think that just because Jesus said something doesn’t make it true.

I believe that all those who strive hard with sincerity to do right deeds will win eternal life, and if you don’t imo you have dedicated your life to an unjust God of your own imagination.

Last edited:

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
what do you think ?
What I think is you probably don't really believe this and are trying to convince others so you can believe it because you want something to be true to believe in. In all honesty, what do you really believe, or hope is true? That chance has favored you to find the truth than no one else has? Is that what religion is for?

Last edited:

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
As a liberal I think that just because Jesus said something doesn’t make it true.

I believe that all those who strive hard with sincerity to do right deeds will win eternal life, and if you don’t imo you have dedicated your life to an unjust God of your own imagination.

I have no problem with what Jesus said in the context of the time he was teaching and his audience. His teachings were the only Way for the audience in the context to the world at the time. He was teaching for the age until that age ended.

Religion evolves from age to age. For example Moses taught the Way for the age he lived. and Biblically Jesus Christ was described like Moses.

Last edited:

ManSinha

I have no problem with what Jesus said in the context of the time he was teaching and his audience. His teachings were the only Way for the audience in the context to the world at the time. He was teaching for the age until that age ended.

Religion evolves from age to age. For example Moses taught the Way for the age he lived. and Biblically Jesus Christ was described like Moses.

I do not believe Jesus said anything like that - there is dispute over the authorship and timing of the gospels - not every one concurs that they were written concurrently or even within 30-50 years of Jesus' passing

And then as I said previously there is translation upon translation from the original Aramaic or Sumerian

And that particular quote is foremost among several that has me not wanting to believe that this is the way - a true religion would be open to others even if founded by the son of god - again which I do not believe because god is a made up construct and does not have children.

MJFlores

what do you think ?

charlsb.jpg

So where is Jesus?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

what do you think ?
Jesus was/is the truth for those who follow Chrstianity. When people follow an other path that will be their truth. But the thing is that one must actually follow what they teaching says. it is not enough to just say that one belive, the religion become the path

The Anointed

If you are going to eat of the spiritual body of Christ 'The Anointed One' [The Son of Man] who filled the man Jesus with his spirit, and through Jesus his earthly host body, spoke to us and revealed the awesome sacrifice he makes for the sins of the flesh in which He, 'The Son of Man' develops, and who is the sacrifice that God has prepared for us, then you must eat the entire body, head, hoofs, internal organs even though they may not titillate the taste buds of your mind.

Nor are you to break a piece of that body off for yourself and reject the rest

Jumi

If you accept the authority of John and the literal interpretation of John then you believe that Jesus is the only way. What it entails, becoming like Jesus and doing as he did, eucharist, rituals or just believing the he was the savior is the debate that follows ever since it was made canon.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Yeshua warns in all 3 Synoptic Gospels not to go after the made up "I Am" statements (Luke 21:8, Mark 13:5-6, Matthew 24:4-5)... John is made up.
In my opinion. :innocent:

... Or to me, the "I AM" is what is made up. Made up by saying "I AM" is God's name - Tetragrammaton YHWH.
I see nothing at John 7:28-29; John 8:18; John 10:36; John 18:5-8,37, etc. that " I am " is made up.
Rather, even John 14:6 is in harmony with the other three gospel accounts because Jesus is the central figure or key on which all prophecies concentrate.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
..............So where is Jesus?
I find Revelation 19:11-16 tells us the resurrected Jesus is in Heaven.
Jesus is the ' faithful and true witness ' of Revelation 1:5.
In Heaven, Jesus is God's 'Commander in Chief ' (Hail to the Chief!) directing over angelic armies.
Jesus is waiting to take the action of Isaiah 11:3-4 to rid the earth of wickedness.- Revelation 19:17-21.
Though Jesus, then God will bring to ruin those ruining earth as per Revelation 11:18 B; Proverbs 2:21-22.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I do not believe Jesus said anything like that - there is dispute over the authorship and timing of the gospels - not every one concurs that they were written concurrently or even within 30-50 years of Jesus' passing
And then as I said previously there is translation upon translation from the original Aramaic or Sumerian......

Yes, there are many translations from the ancient manuscripts, thus they can be checked and support Bible canon.
That is how we can see when there are any spurious verses.
Plus, the ancient manuscripts show the apocryphal books are out of harmony with the '66' books of Bible canon.
Thus, the apocryphal books simply exclude themselves being out of harmony with the harmonious '66' Bible books.

Support for the biblical is found in its many corresponding or parallel cross-reference verses and passages.
Support is Not found in other belief systems, just as visible creation surrounding us is Not out of harmony with Scripture.

The Anointed

... Or to me, the "I AM" is what is made up. Made up by saying "I AM" is God's name - Tetragrammaton YHWH.
I see nothing at John 7:28-29; John 8:18; John 10:36; John 18:5-8,37, etc. that " I am " is made up.
Rather, even John 14:6 is in harmony with the other three gospel accounts because Jesus is the central figure or key on which all prophecies concentrate.

The Lord who had said to Moses in Deuteronomy 18: 18-19; "I will raise up for them a prophet just like you from among their own brethren, and I will put MY WORDS in his mouth, and he shall speak all that I command him, and I will punish anyone who does not heed MY WORDS that he shall speak in MY NAME.

And it was the Lord God our savior who said through the mouth of 'Jesus' his obedient servant us' in John 8: 28; When you lift up 'The Son of Man' you will know "I AM WHO I AM."

And Just as Moses Lifted up upon a pole the 'IMAGE' of the serpent, whose venom was coursing through the veins of God's people and destroying them, who then only had to gaze upon the IMAGE of the serpent which had been lifted up in order to be saved, so too, the IMAGE of the Son of Man, who is held accountable for the sins of the flesh {The Body of mankind] in which he developed, had to be lifted up upon a pole, in order that God's people, only have to turn to the IMAGE that was lifted up in order to be saved.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I do not believe Jesus said anything like that - there is dispute over the authorship and timing of the gospels - not everyone concurs that they were written concurrently or even within 30-50 years of Jesus' passing.

Yes, this to a great extent true, but I believe that despite the fact most scholars support that the words of Jesus were reasonably preserved. It is the context and meaning in the nature of the spiritual relationship between God and Creation and humanity that Christians over state in their claim of an exclusive relationship between humanity and God.

And then as I said previously there is translation upon translation from the original Aramaic or Sumerian.

The New Testament nor the Old Testament never used the ancient written nor spoken language of the Sumerians. The only relationship is the evolution of the text of the Pentateuch evolved from ancient myths, legends and text by way of the Babylonians> Canaanites > Ugartes > Hebrews to the Bible..

And that particular quote is foremost among several that has me not wanting to believe that this is the way - a true religion would be open to others even if founded by the son of god - again which I do not believe because god is a made up construct and does not have children.

I believe your overstating the context of my view, which relates more to the universal spiritual perspective of the nature of Revelation. There is a significant difference here in what may be called the Way from the human perspective. I support more of a universal relationship.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Back away from the dogma and rhetoric and try to see Jesus as a affirmation--a bridge, if you will-- of what we have to accept as real (everyday living) and what we hope is real (an afterlife in whatever context suits you).

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
The Lord who had said to Moses in Deuteronomy 18: 18-19; "I will raise up for them a prophet just like you from among their own brethren, and I will put MY WORDS in his mouth, and he shall speak all that I command him, and I will punish anyone who does not heed MY WORDS that he shall speak in MY NAME.

And it was the Lord God our savior who said through the mouth of 'Jesus' his obedient servant us' in John 8: 28; When you lift up 'The Son of Man' you will know "I AM WHO I AM."

And Just as Moses Lifted up upon a pole the 'IMAGE' of the serpent, whose venom was coursing through the veins of God's people and destroying them, who then only had to gaze upon the IMAGE of the serpent which had been lifted up in order to be saved, so too, the IMAGE of the Son of Man, who is held accountable for the sins of the flesh {The Body of mankind] in which he developed, had to be lifted up upon a pole, in order that God's people, only have to turn to the IMAGE that was lifted up in order to be saved.

The extension of this reasoning base don the original context of the Hebrew text would be that Jesus Christ was the bearer of the Word of God, and spiritually the Son of God and not the Roman view of the God incarnate in the belief of the Roman Trinity.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

what do you think ?
I suppose it's fine if you happen to believe in that sort of thing. Besides when you read the narrative, there can't be no actual sacrifice if the object of your sacrifice comes back.