• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I AM the Way

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
The name is found at Exodus 3:14; which implies all things come from the All, or I AM that I AM.

so if no one comes to the Father except through I AM, does that make us the Sons, or Offsprings?

John 14:6
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes unto the Father, but by me.

Jesus used this same reference in regards to Abraham; when he said, "Before Abraham was, I AM".

rosends

Does it matter that the Hebrew in Ex. 3:14 when translated is not "I am" but is "I will be"?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Does it matter that the Hebrew in Ex. 3:14 when translated is not "I am" but is "I will be"?
not really

one is present tense and the other future tense of the same verb. God is omnipresent in all forms of being.

rosends

not really

one is present tense and the other future tense of the same verb. God is omnipresent in all forms of being.
Did the original gospel texts quote "I am " or "I will be"? How did the popular phrase move from the grammatically accurate to the inaccurate?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Did the original gospel texts quote "I am " or "I will be"? How did the popular phrase move from the grammatically accurate to the inaccurate?

I don't know the answer to that question. If you do, please enlighten me?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
The name is found at Exodus 3:14; which implies all things come from the All, or I AM that I AM.

so if no one comes to the Father except through I AM, does that make us the Sons, or Offsprings?

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes unto the Father, but by me.

Jesus used this same reference in regards to Abraham; when he said, "Before Abraham was, I AM".
I would suggest ....it's a personification idea

picture a moment when you realize what it takes to get out of this world and into the next
and in the same instant you can see that many fail....
they don't know the way

so...
you set off to enlighten

for quick delivery and a lesser discussion (as lengthy words distract)
you shorten the speech

I AM!.......is a profound statement
and you need to say it for yourself
especially in that hour of transition (transfiguration)

Jesus was making statement correctly
and you are to recite as He did

hopefully with the same understanding

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
As a non-Christian, I take that to mean that the Avatar and all His manifestations on earth including Jesus but also including others holds the gate open to what Christians call the "Father".

Super Universe

Defender of God

Everything comes from God because God creates the universe every moment. Think of it as a complicated movie and God is the movie projector.

God also connects with every individual so He sees and knows and experiences everything that you experience.

The name "I AM" is not a name. God has never revealed His name to anyone, not even the angels. The idea that was being conveyed to Moses was "I exist". The primitive human Moses wanted the voice to give his name but instead what he got was, "Believe in me, I exist". Moses had to come up with a name for God so he used "I AM". The voice did not say "You can call me I AM".

As for Jesus saying "I am the way, the truth, and the life, no man comes unto the Father but by me", this means that Jesus controls the door to heaven. You don't get through the door unless Jesus approves.

When Jesus said "Before Abraham was, I AM." Jesus is not saying that "I AM" is God's name. What's He's saying here is that the Jews worship their traditions and their ancient books and Moses and Abraham but before all of them was God.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Everything comes from God because God creates the universe every moment. Think of it as a complicated movie and God is the movie projector.

God also connects with every individual so He sees and knows and experiences everything that you experience.

And also the screen, sound system, movie, dialog, popcorn, etc.