• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am starting to believe that sometimes our soul sleeps.And sometimes it doesn't

Frank Goad

In John 5:25 when Jesus said the dead could hear him.I think it meant the righteous and unrighteous dead could hear Jesus already.By the righteous dead I think he meant people like samuel.Like in 1 Sam 28:1-20.And the unrighteous dead like the king of Babylon in Isa 14:9-11.Also I think when he was talking about the righteous dead living again.I think he was talking about Matthew 27:52-53.I also think Daniel 12:2 is explained in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-14.And remember the girl in Luke 8:52-55?I think Daniel 12:2 and 1 Thessalonians 4:13-14 tie into that too.I think John 5:28-29 and Psalms 49:15.Makes it look like our souls sleep sometimes too.:).What do you think?:)

In John 5:25 when Jesus said the dead could hear him.I think it meant the righteous and unrighteous dead could hear Jesus already.By the righteous dead I think he meant people like samuel.Like in 1 Sam 28:1-20.And the unrighteous dead like the king of Babylon in Isa 14:9-11.Also I think when he was talking about the righteous dead living again.I think he was talking about Matthew 27:52-53.I also think Daniel 12:2 is explained in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-14.And remember the girl in Luke 8:52-55?I think Daniel 12:2 and 1 Thessalonians 4:13-14 tie into that too.I think John 5:28-29 and Psalms 49:15.Makes it look like our souls sleep sometimes too.:).What do you think?:)

I understand it so that when person dies, his soul goes to Hades or Paradise. And there they wait until the day of judgment/resurrection.

alex2165

The soul is a Breath of GOD.

God breath His life energy into Adam to make Adam a living being, which is a soul as we call it.

Genesis 2.7

7.Then the Lord GOD formed man from the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the Breath of Life (Genesis 2.7) (Ezekiel 37.4-10) (Revelation 11.11), and the man became a living being.

Because soul is a spiritual entity, it does not sleep and does not dies, it does not need food or water, but exist as long as GOD Himself exist, because it is a portion of GOD'S life energy.

Our soul (spirit) is not a physical matter but purely spiritual matter and our physical environment and physical laws have no effect on it.

Physical body at the end of its life time returns to the ground (dust - physical, chemical, and biological components of the Earth) from which it was made, but the soul returns to One Who gave it, to GOD.

Genesis 3.19

19.”By the sweat of your face you shall eat bread until you return to the ground, out of it you were taken, you are dust, and to dust you shall return." (Genesis 3.19) (Job 4.19) (Psalm 103.14) (Ecclesiast 3.20, 12.7)

Concerning Hades or Paradise, it is up to GOD to judge to which place a soul of a human will go.

Actually soul can be destroy, and it would be a final death from which is no return, in Bible such state called as a Second Death.

Revelation 20.14-15

14.Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire (Isaiah 25.8),

15.and anyone whose name was not found written in the Book of Life was thrown into the lake of fire.

Revelation 21.8

8."But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the polluted, the murderers, the fornicators, the sorcerers, the idolaters, and all liars, their place will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the Second Death."

Bree

i think you are right. Im asleep for at least 8hours a night an awake for the rest :)