• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am reading the Quran, Gospel, Psalms, Tora, BoMormon, Avesta and i wonder if the Vedas are also...

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Well i know i am just asking on a forum. I am still pausing the quest of learning Sanskrit and finding out myself.

I am just hoping to hear from someone who already knows Sanskrit and understands correctly.

I already have read that there are Hindus who believe in Monotheism. Would be good to speak with them about it.
Hindu monotheism is different from the monotheism you would expect, however. It's more like pantheistic monism. I have yet to encounter a Hindu with the sort of monotheism a Muslim has.

W3bcrowf3r

It doesn't matter if you know Sanskrit or not. I don't share this paranoia that translators are lying to me. I just read reviews of the translation and chose one that's well-regarded. I guess I should learn ancient Greek to read the Iliad. :rolleyes:

Well i disagree with you. I believe it does matter if you know the language of a Book if you want to explain it to someone.

I believe we are living in a world dominated by organised religions which have incorrect doctrines. And these are the ones who are making the translations. 90% +/- of the translations is made by them.

So enough reasons to keep my guard up.

And yes, some of them know they are lying and doing it just for the money. Translations can make a lot of money if they make yearly versions.

W3bcrowf3r

Hindu monotheism is different from the monotheism you would expect, however. It's more like pantheistic monism. I have yet to encounter a Hindu with the sort of monotheism a Muslim has.

Do you believe in the Quran?

Do you know Sanskrit by the way? I really would like to stop discussing about the Vedas if you dont know Sanskrit.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Well i know i am just asking on a forum. I am still pausing the quest of learning Sanskrit and finding out myself.

I am just hoping to hear from someone who already knows Sanskrit and understands correctly.

I already have read that there are Hindus who believe in Monotheism. Would be good to speak with them about it.

I suspect many of the Hindus who believe in monotheism will be adamant that its an entirely different god to the God of Abraham, but it would be useful to have that conversation. If you start a thread about it, I'd be keenly interested in how these monotheistic Hindus see their God. I know most of them believe in reincarnation. Do you?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Do you believe in the Quran?

Do you know Sanskrit by the way? I really would like to stop discussing about the Vedas if you dont know Sanskrit.
Don't presume to tell me what I can or cannot discuss. Not knowing the original language doesn't mean you can't understand it. I haven't read the Bible in ancient Hebrew and Greek but I can tell you what the Bible says.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
What is a lot of research for you?
Reading their various scriptures, reading books written about their scriptures, asking adherents of the faith, going to their worship houses and so on.

For me a lot of research is knowing the languages of the Books we are discussing and having read them a dozen of times from cover to cover with a sincere open heart.
Knowing the languages certainly does help and I have no objection to this. It is, however, time consuming and some people may not simply have this time due to work, children, disabilities and so on. There is nothing wrong with, as you have done, asking people who do speak the language for an accurate meaning and rendition of a text.

I believe the name of God is YHVH, He Who Is Who He Is. And i try to uphold the Tanakh as much as possible.
I like that you read the Tanakh. You are under no obligation to uphold Torah Law, just so you know. This is, of course, according to my faith. You are obligated to follow the Noahide Code. I know that you mostly already do this, just by virtue of being a civilised human and a monotheist.

And besides the Tanakh i also try to uphold the Quran and Gospel.
I have no care for these writings (Gospel and Qur'an), but I have no objections to their monotheism. I note you say 'Gospel'. I assume you do not like Paul?

And i am reading even more then that. But all still in translations though... :/. I am still learning the languages..
I hope you do well.

Last edited:

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Well i disagree with you. I believe it does matter if you know the language of a Book if you want to explain it to someone.

I believe we are living in a world dominated by organised religions which have incorrect doctrines. And these are the ones who are making the translations. 90% +/- of the translations is made by them.

So enough reasons to keep my guard up.

And yes, some of them know they are lying and doing it just for the money. Translations can make a lot of money if they make yearly versions.
I don't share that sort of paranoia.

W3bcrowf3r

I suspect many of the Hindus who believe in monotheism will be adamant that its an entirely different god to the God of Abraham, but it would be useful to have that conversation. If you start a thread about it, I'd be keenly interested in how these monotheistic Hindus see their God. I know most of them believe in reincarnation. Do you?

Do you believe you will be Resurrected after you died? When the Heavens and the earth will be erased? And when Jesus Christ and the Chosen Ones will be with God, while there is no earth, no Heavens, no humanity as we know it? And when there will be made a new earth, new Heavens? A new Universe? When humanity will be Resurrected? And will be Judged on Judgement Day to go to the place we deserve?

Or is this to far fetched for you?

It sounds a lot about the reincarnation. But i also do not know what the real reincarantion of the Scripture says. I am that guy who is critical. I need sources, good translations etc. Because they say the reincarnation is multiple of times etc.

W3bcrowf3r

Reading their various scriptures, reading books written about their scriptures, asking adherents of the faith, going to their worship houses and so on.

Knowing the languages certainly does help and I have no objection to this. It is, however, time consuming and some people may not simply have this time due to work, children, disabilities and so on. There is nothing wrong with, as you have done, asking people who do speak the language for an accurate meaning and rendition of a text.

I like that you read the Tanakh. You are under no obligation to uphold Torah Law, just so you know. This is, of course, according to my faith. You are obligated to follow the Noahide Code. I know that you mostly already do this, just by virtue of being a civilised human and a monotheist.

I do not care for these texts (Gospel and Qur'an), but I have no objections to their monotheism. I note you say 'Gospel'. I assume you do not like Paul?

I hope you do well.

Yeah learning the languages is a lifetime of studying.

I believe Paul was a very educated Jewish Christian.

Peter in the Gospel, the Rock, the Apostle of Christ, said that Paul is very hard to understand.

Paul was one of the most educated Jews in that time. So no wonder he did know the Law and the Grace of the Gospel.

People dont have to uphold it if they cant, they should focus on Loving God and their Neighbor.

The Israelites who saw God and Moses with their own eyes couldnt even follow God correctly.

Let alone we uneducated blind sheep.

W3bcrowf3r

Don't presume to tell me what I can or cannot discuss. Not knowing the original language doesn't mean you can't understand it. I haven't read the Bible in ancient Hebrew and Greek but I can tell you what the Bible says.

You can asume what it says. But we cant be 100% sure.

I also still have to learn Hebrew and Greek.

I am Arabic btw, from Morocco. But live in Holland.

Sorry man, i disagree with you. I dont want to claim something when i dont know the language.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Yeah learning the languages is a lifetime of studying.

I believe Paul was a very educated Jewish Christian.

Peter in the Gospel, the Rock, the Apostle of Christ, said that Paul is very hard to understand.

Paul was one of the most educated Jews in that time. So no wonder he did know the Law and the Grace of the Gospel.

People dont have to uphold it if they cant, they should focus on Loving God and their Neighbor.

The Israelites who saw God and Moses with their own eyes couldnt even follow God correctly.

Let alone we uneducated blind sheep.
As I said, I have no care for any of the Gospel or anything about Paul and I'm not here to debate you on these things tonight. I am simply here to help you.

And no, they could not, nor can anyone. We all sin, we all make mistakes; the Law itself was given with this in mind when it allows the people to repent of their sins and try again. We also see this message in tehillim (psalms).

W3bcrowf3r

As I said, I have no care for any of the Gospel or anything about Paul and I'm not here to debate you on these things tonight. I am simply here to help you.

And no, they could not, nor can anyone. We all sin, we all make mistakes; the Law itself was given with this in mind when it allows the people to repent of their sins and try again. We also see this message in tehillim (psalms).

I disagree with you about the Gospel and Paul then :).

The Quran actually said that the People of the Gospel should Judge with it. And that the people of the Book should uphold the Tora and the Gospel. And that we should believe in what was sent to the Messengers and the Prophets. And that God is One. And that He sends Messengers to different Nations in different times. And that the Nation is One Nation. But the groups distort it etc.

You can help me if you know Sanskrit :p.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I disagree with you about the Gospel and Paul then :).

The Quran actually said that the People of the Gospel should Judge with it. And that the people of the Book should uphold the Tora and the Gospel. And that we should believe in what was sent to the Messengers and the Prophets. And that God is One. And that He sends Messengers to different Nations in different times. And that the Nation is One Nation. But the groups distort it etc.

You can help me if you know Sanskrit :p.
G-d is One.

Worship G-d alone.

Be good, do good, and set up Courts of Justice.

Do this and we are cool.

Last edited:

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Do you believe you will be Resurrected after you died? When the Heavens and the earth will be erased? And when Jesus Christ and the Chosen Ones will be with God, while there is no earth, no Heavens, no humanity as we know it? And when there will be made a new earth, new Heavens? A new Universe? And when we will be Judged on Judgement Day to go to the place we deserve?

Or is this to far fetched for you?

I believe the resurrection narrative that has its first biblical mention in 1 Corinthians 15 assists us to better understand the nature of the soul after physical death. It’s linked to end time eschatology as well as making sense of the nature who Christ was. Taken literally it certainly sounds far fetched.

It sounds a lot about the reincarnation. But i also do not know what the real reincarantion of the Scripture says. I am that guy who is critical. I need sources, good translations etc.

I believe the reincarnation narrative of Hinduism has similar problems if taken literally. Understanding the origins of this belief would certainly help us understand the underlying truth as the origins of the resurrection narrative enables us to better understand the message of Christ.

If we take all such narratives as literally true then religion becomes contradictory and nonsensical.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I believe exactly the same. May God protect us and guide us.

Shalom.

I enjoyed my 2 weeks in Morocco. I also stayed 2 nights with a Berber family outside Rissani on the Sahara Desert fringe.

The more you look, the more you will find the connections between all of Gods given Messages.

Regards Tony

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I was thinking of the carnivory, animal sacrifices and warfare of the early Vedic tribes.
Well, all people in ancient times subscribed to animal sacrifice. Moreover, sacrifice in the end only meant food for priests and the laity. Fights/differences for grazing rights continue even till this time (between India and China, for example, in the unchartered Himalayas). There always were and still are cattle thieves. I do not think the Vedic tribes did anything different from the other people.

"In contemporary times, the demand for meat has led to cattle becoming a target of mass-theft. According to The New York Times and other sources, cattle theft for beef production is a lucrative business in India."
Cattle theft in India - Wikipedia