• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am now Agnostic

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
I now feel as though I am Agnostic

Yes, I think that the universe would make sense with a creator indeed I think that would explain a lot

But I also believe that it can also make sense without one

Although I would much prefer there to be a creator!

I don't think there is ever any way to know for sure, either way

If there is a Supreme Being then I believe he would be ineffable and distant so not anything we could ever have any empirical knowledge of - although I think there is something in the fine-tuning argument that is often advanced for there being a creator, very much so

Basically, I don't know! - that's my answer. Q: "Is there a God?" A: "I don't know and I can't know"

However, I also believe in Simulation Theory - that our reality is a simulation.

I believe that the computer on which The Simulation is running has the powers of a Demiurge within The Simulation and that those of us who are in The Simulation get reincarnated.

But this Demiurge and system of reincarnation have nothing to do with any Supreme Being - it was all built, set up and programmed by intelligent beings

And I believe these intelligent beings are Agnostics :D

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Agnostics can be some of the most fun people to talk to, because they're open. They haven't got that concreted "My religious/irreligious view is correct" attitude cemented down, and I find that refreshing.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I would have stayed agnostic had there been any evidence of anything that supports the possibility of the supernatural.

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
So then the real question is: what makes someone a god? I would imagine that someone who can control my existence would, for all intents and purposes, be a god of some sort - especially if they were out of my reach, physically (as a programmer outside of the simulation of our existence would be).

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Yes, I think that the universe would make sense with a creator indeed I think that would explain a lot

If there is a Supreme Being then I believe he would be ineffable and distant so not anything we could ever have any empirical knowledge of - although I think there is something in the fine-tuning argument that is often advanced for there being a creator, very much so

Basically, I don't know! - that's my answer. Q: "Is there a God?" A: "I don't know and I can't know"

However, I also believe in Simulation Theory - that our reality is a simulation.

I believe that the computer on which The Simulation is running has the powers of a Demiurge within The Simulation and that those of us who are in The Simulation get reincarnated.

But this Demiurge and system of reincarnation have nothing to do with any Supreme Being - it was all built, set up and programmed by intelligent beings

Question. I was looking up Stimulation theory. Does this cover it: "Apr 01, 2021 · There is no definitive answer, but simulation theory posits the universe as we know it is an advanced digital construct overseen by some higher form of intelligence. “Simply because we perceive the world as ‘real’ and ‘material’ doesn’t mean that it is so,” said Rizwan Virk, a tech entrepreneur and author of The Simulation Hypothesis." Simulation Theory Asks Are We Living in a Computer Simulation?

nPeace

Veteran Member

I thought you were agnostic for a long time now Eddi.