• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am new to RF - and scared about G-d

wicketkeeper

Living From the Heart.
Welcome to the forum Dinolil1.

If there is a God, then it is way beyond our comprehension.

Not very helpful - sorry !

PS don't be afraid.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Welcome to RF. As you can see, politics, religion and bacon are contentious topics here.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Welcome to RF, where normal and @Revoltingest collide.

Hope you enjoy your stay. There is good discussion to be had, but try to stay away from people who know all the answers. I generally find they're not asking enough questions.

Heim

Hello. Welcome. Might I ask what a RS teacher is?

I hope you find this forum enriching.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I am a new member, and have only just recently joined. My RS teacher told me about this website, and I am quite pleased to have joined, as lately I've been getting a bit more scared about G-d, as He is this powerful, knowing and all seeing spirit, and i wonder if I am truly faithful to Him, and I'm looking forward to discussions of this matter, thank you very much. - Dinolil1
If there is such a being, they would be of pure love and pure logic, thus you have nothing to worry about.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If there is such a being, they would be of pure love and pure logic, thus you have nothing to worry about.
You remind me of.....
bill4.gif

Dinolil1

I apologize for not being active and again for not replying indivitually to you all, but i read all your replies and thank you very much. I look forward to talking on the threads, as for the RS teacher, yes, they've got a profile on here and as for faith in God, i'm still not sure what faith is really. All i know is that He's somewhere.

David1967

Premium Member
I know, right? :facepalm:

Seems not much of anything that our taste buds like is good for us. :( They are like spoilt children....we need to re-educate them to like healthy stuff. ;)

Reminds me. A friend of mine was put on a diet by his doctor. I asked him what kind of diet. He said "if it tastes good, don't eat it. "

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Reminds me. A friend of mine was put on a diet by his doctor. I asked him what kind of diet. He said "if it tastes good, don't eat it. "

Its a funny thing about the old taste buds.....they can be re-educated and disciplined. When you do that, the food that used to make your mouth water eventually becomes repugnant. I speak from experience.....I used to love junk food but when my health began to suffer, I had to change my ways. After a while I began to really enjoy fruits and vegetables and water, so that now they form a large part of my diet. The junk food I used to love, now is no longer appealing. We seldom have take-out and when we do it is usually a Chinese meal with lots of veges.
91.gif
I even make my own pizza with stacks of extras. There is life after junk food.
128fs318181.gif

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I am a new member, and have only just recently joined. My RS teacher told me about this website, and I am quite pleased to have joined, as lately I've been getting a bit more scared about G-d, as He is this powerful, knowing and all seeing spirit, and i wonder if I am truly faithful to Him, and I'm looking forward to discussions of this matter, thank you very much. - Dinolil1
i see self doubt more than doubt in God

i suspect your fear is not well focused

rusra02

Premium Member
IMO, the true God certainly deserves our respect and reverent fear of displeasing him. As I learn more from the Bible about God's appealing qualities, his love, mercy, and kindness, I find great happiness in fearing him; not morbid dread.