• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am new to RF - and scared about G-d

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I am a new member, and have only just recently joined. My RS teacher told me about this website, and I am quite pleased to have joined, as lately I've been getting a bit more scared about G-d, as He is this powerful, knowing and all seeing spirit, and i wonder if I am truly faithful to Him, and I'm looking forward to discussions of this matter, thank you very much. - Dinolil1
I'd be more scared of people who like to talk about a scary God. ;0)

Welcome to the rabble!

Carl W.

Welcome.
Dreadnaught.
That means fear not.
God isn't the mean, horrible spirit that hates.
God only hates evil ACTS.:eek:
( I hope.):D
Glad to meet you.

lovesong

:D
Premium Member
Welcome welcome! You'll find lots of different beliefs about the gods/god here. If you're not sure where you're going, I'm sure something on here can help out.

David1967

Premium Member
Don't you know that bacon is carcinogenic? Give the poor poster something healthy!
meatballs.gif

Now Deeje. How could something so delicious be bad for you? :D

Carl W.

@Revoltingest

His ^^^ sig line is spot on right.:D

"If you're reading this, Donald Trump is your president."

So get over it for cryin' out loud!
Pee-ing in yer Wheaties ain't gonna change nuttin'.:rolleyes:

Of course the guys could remove their penis in
protest.:confused:
Seems to be a new disgruntled alt Liberal thing now.o_O

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Welcome, you cannot be scared of something that is not there.:)
Therein lies the rub though, psychoslice, as apparently one can.

Welcome to the nuthouse known as RF, @Dinolil1
Remember the words of a wise man from years gone by.
"There is nothing to fear except fear itself."

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Therein lies the rub though, psychoslice, as apparently one can.

Welcome to the nuthouse known as RF, @Dinolil1
Remember the words of a wise man from years gone by.
"There is nothing to fear except fear itself."
I try my best, and yes there is nothing to fear........and yes fear itself can be a curse.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Welcome! And fear not, if there is such a god, I just do not believe such an entity would punish us forever for all eternity for basically just being human. If he wanted better results, he should have made a better program. It would be silly for an engineer to blame they make for a failure when the fault can only be rightfully placed upon a faulty design. If there is a lack of discipline, the fault works its way up the chain of command. If words of command are not clear and distinct, the general is to blame.
When I read the Bible, I don't see the words of a god, but rather the words of men so desperate to rule that they created an "all powerful being" with a very nasty angry streak that is prone to ending in death (if not genocide) who will torture those who disobey to rule with an iron fist for them.

roger1440

I do stuff
I am a new member, and have only just recently joined. My RS teacher told me about this website, and I am quite pleased to have joined, as lately I've been getting a bit more scared about G-d, as He is this powerful, knowing and all seeing spirit, and i wonder if I am truly faithful to Him, and I'm looking forward to discussions of this matter, thank you very much. - Dinolil1
What church do you attend? Tell me more about your "RS teacher".

Kemosloby

Premium Member

Don't we all to some degree or another, Fear not. You can know God the Father by knowing God the Son, Jesus who came to us in the flesh. Jesus went around forgiving sinners, healing the sick and spreading wisdom and good works. To be faithful to God is to do unto others as he did unto us, remember the poor and needy etc etc.