• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Am Jesus Christ - video game by Steam

Cooky

Veteran Member
Just wondering if anyone plans on playing this game when it comes out. Some say it's blasphemous.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
I probably won't play it... but not because it's blasphemous.

I played Diablo long long ago, and it was blasphemous too. I think. Maybe not this bad though...

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Just wondering if anyone plans on playing this game when it comes out. Some say it's blasphemous.
It doesn't look blasphemous. How to blaspheme the holy spirit is not widely known. If you google search it you will get several roughly useless answers, including an official Wikipedia position, an official Billy Graham position, and official Got Answers position and so forth. All are different and don't address the issue well. I don't think that most people would even grasp the concept without additional background, and I don't think a non Jew can blaspheme the Holy Spirit necessarily. Maybe? Its a tricky subject. Anyways its just a video game.

Bob the Unbeliever

Well, I really enjoyed Populous, in which you were God of an entire planet.

And I've played all of the Diablo games, from #1 to the latest.

But this one looks like it's mostly hype. I'll wait for reviews.

Playing a Magic Jew, in ancient Palestine? Could be interesting. What magic powers do you get, and can you add to your powers as the game progresses? Since Jesus was known to eschew owing anything, you can't be adding weapons. And Jesus was a pacifist-- except that one time, when he borrowed a bull whip and beat the snockers out of capitalists.