• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am in recovery for two addictions.

YeshuaRedeemed

Revelation 3:10
How do I find a Christian recovery group for addicts? My drugs of choice are caffeine and nicotine. Please do not laugh. I have been harmed in many ways by these addictive products. No I am not trying to ban them. i love you guys.

whirlingmerc

How do I find a Christian recovery group for addicts? My drugs of choice are caffeine and nicotine. Please do not laugh. I have been harmed in many ways by these addictive products. No I am not trying to ban them. i love you guys.

I wonder if mixing more and more de-caf coffee with regular until you're used to de-caf coffee might help. Some people get headaches if they stop. Coffee itself is not considered as bad as previously thought years ago and the Mayo clinic lists many benefits used in moderation

I went to a church once where they always made 50% decaf and 50% caffeatied mixed together
and I didn't really tell the difference

You could also try drinking more water which would be good for you... as you drink more water you might crave less coffee having something else to drink on hand...

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Coffee itself is not considered as bad as previously thought years ago and the Mayo clinic lists many benefits used in moderation
I know I'm not a Christian but I need t jump in here and explain something about coffee. It affects some people way, way differently than others. Depending on the type of bean, if I sometimes even have so much as one medium Americano/black coffee, I experience paranoia, depression, hypersensitivity, sleepiness, jitteriness and unexplainable fear. It's horrible.

whirlingmerc

I know I'm not a Christian but I need t jump in here and explain something about coffee. It affects some people way, way differently than others. Depending on the type of bean, if I sometimes even have so much as one medium Americano/black coffee, I experience paranoia, depression, hypersensitivity, sleepiness, jitteriness and unexplainable fear. It's horrible.

Some people also get headaches if they stop coffee.... I never did... but some do
so you need to know how your body reacts

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Some people also get headaches if they stop coffee.... I never did... but some do
so you need to know how your body reacts
They do, but I was just trying to say to you that it's ok saying that coffee is ok in moderation, but all I'm saying is that for some people it may not be, like for me. The OP might have a similar problem.

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
A therapist may be of help--many psychologists or therapists are Christian and specifically advertise a faith-based approach to counseling and wellness. You can Google and see what therapists are around in your area. Speaking with your general practitioner would also give you useful advice for how to break a caffeine addiction. For nicotine/smoking/tobacco addictions, you can try here: https://nicotine-anonymous.org/

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.

Hello. I had to give up coffee. I just did it cold turkey. The headaches were rough but ibuprofen worked extremely well for me! Within two or three days I had kicked the habit. Drinking decaf can help with the psychological part of it.

Good luck and God bless.