• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am hopeful but ready for a rough ride

Mark Dohle

innerconflict.jpg

I am hopeful but ready for a rough ride

As I grow older, I am becoming more aware of my own tendency to make judgments that come from a deep place of fear and anxiety. I guess it has always been so, yet becoming more apparent.

I find it infinitely amazing that Jesus forgave all on the cross, an act that is probably the most loving, and truly human act ever accomplished.
We are called to that, Christians, yet we know we can't do it on our own. Only when we allow the heart of Christ Jesus to envelope our hearts, is the fear, and hardness slowly healed through self-knowledge.

When one Christian becomes angry and 'judges' in ways that Jesus commanded us not to, a lot of harm is generated. It is a great scandal, but so common that we tend to downplay it.

I do think that at this time in our history, we are called not to generated anger, now put more gas on the fire, but to speak the truth in love and gentleness, and to stand our ground without hating, or yelling at others.

I think the process is too far gone to do much about it on a political level, so we must pray, see Christ in others, and understand that the mercy and love we experience from Jesus, is also given to all if only hearts would open up. I am hopeful but ready for a rough ride--BrMD