• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am....depressed.

SK2005

Saint in training
And I really don't know what to do about it. I live with my grandma (who doesn't have a short term memory), they only friends I have here are both in Germany, I have a friend problem that most of you witnessed in the Friends Forever??? Thread. I just work and sleep, work and sleep. I work mostly 12 hour days between two part-time stores. I don't have any money to get any kind of a therapist. I'm just complaining, really I am, but I thought that if I get it out, it would be less depressing....? That's another reason for me not posting on here all the time like I used to. I'm just boring. lol. Sorry for my rant. I just need someone to talk to. :)

finalfrogo

My ears are open if you want to talk more about it. I received my first bitter taste of true depression this year. Although it was severe, it lasted but a week. Maybe you're depression is only temporal, unless it has persisted for an extended period of time. How long have you been depressed?

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
:hug: I wish I was there to give you a big hug! It sounds like you could use it!

If you're able to, I'd definitely recommend getting out as much as possible whenever you aren't working or sleeping. While we love having you on RF, we want you as happy and healthy as possible!

evearael

There is nothing wrong with venting. Don't beat yourself up over things. Is there any way to take a day off from work to recharge? I hope you feel better soon. I will keep you in my prayers.

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
FeathersinHair said:
:hug: I wish I was there to give you a big hug! It sounds like you could use it!

If you're able to, I'd definitely recommend getting out as much as possible whenever you aren't working or sleeping. While we love having you on RF, we want you as happy and healthy as possible!

I second that!

If you do need to get out SK2005, I must admit - I am in North Idaho all the time! If you do need somebody to talk to or you just want to get out of the house - go feed the duck on Lake Coeur D'Alene, explore Wallace, spend the day walking around Sandpoint, take a nature hike around Kellog, go fishing in Sagle........ whatever!

I don't do too much now-a-days and get sick of sitting around the house. PM me - I'll be glad to get you out and do something or just "yap" a bit.

Nehustan

12hr days...no friends...if you weren't depressed I'd be suprised. I'm gonna suggest something that might seem a bit wierd, but I often go with something that springs first to my mind. I see you are RC, why not if you haven't got any other responsibilities, i.e. wife, kids, or if you are the only person your Gran has, go to a catholic retreat? I'm no great person in-tune with the church, but maybe a retreat somwhere, I don't know working with with brothers or something, a good distance away from everything might give you a good break, good food, people outside of the rat-race?

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
SK2005 said:
And I really don't know what to do about it. I live with my grandma (who doesn't have a short term memory), they only friends I have here are both in Germany, I have a friend problem that most of you witnessed in the Friends Forever??? Thread. I just work and sleep, work and sleep. I work mostly 12 hour days between two part-time stores. I don't have any money to get any kind of a therapist. I'm just complaining, really I am, but I thought that if I get it out, it would be less depressing....? That's another reason for me not posting on here all the time like I used to. I'm just boring. lol. Sorry for my rant. I just need someone to talk to. :)

Hang in there! As far as being depressed and feeling bored...I'm in the same boat, sister. You aren't alone.

And I can relate to that vicious cycle of work and sleep and work and sleep.:yes:

Know that you're amongst friends here and if you ever need anyone to vent to...you're more than welcome to PM me and this forum is full of people who can relate and offer you an "ear" or a "shoulder" to cry on whenever you need it/them.

It sounds like you need a break from the mundane. Maybe it's time to do something fun for yourself. If you can't afford a therapist (I know I can't:D )...maybe a good day or two of pampering would help lighten your spirits. And if you're feeling good...you're more likely to attract people to you.

Hang in there and post more often, if you can...we can all be boring together!:D

Nehustan

eeekkkk....I suppose you probably won't have a wife :no: given you're a lass...whoops...but still a retreat might be a good idea...surrounded by people of your faith...a step beyond we at RF.

Purple Thyme

You need to recharge. I know being responsible for elderly relative is a heavy burden but its something you'llnever regret. I spent some of the best times with my grandmother when she was telling me about her day and she was totally not aware of where she was. But I agree with the others, get out there and take time for yourself.