• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am back, it has been a long time!

Maija

Hello friends,

I am back! :infodeskperson: There are MANY familiar names still here, I would name then and recognize the beautiful souls, but I fear I would miss some on accident and potentially cause insult.

It is also OK if some of you don't remember me :p.

My search for God started out deeply religion oriented, fairly safe within the threshold of Abrahamic religions, raised Catholic, converted to Islam and practiced and identified as a Muslim for about 9 years, came back to the church. However, the last 4 years I've been so drawn to Krishna and Vaishnavism, most of the friends that I have are Gaudiya Vaishnavas and so that is most familiar. I recently read about Ekasarana Dharma and that seemed really beautiful too.

More recently things were a little hectic in life and I felt Krishna drawing me near. I try to keep a prayerful attitude during such times, open to whatever way God will reveal Himself to me and each time Krishna's name was of comfort. For months on my lunch break I would run to the car, take a breather and say His name and feel I was not alone. As I said my search at first was very religious and rule oriented, from a Christian upbringing, I wanted to avoid any pain in the afterlife. However, I had to trust God eventually. I had to trust that, like a parent/father/mother who hears their child crying out for them, in such a state of neediness and vulnerability, God wouldn't mislead that child towards danger or something impure.

So, I finally had to put my guard down. Doing so has taught me much about how culturally we pray. I've stopped advising God as much and started aiming for a friendship where I just listen to Him and enjoy the holy name/s.

The results have been great in my personal life, I am so grateful and very happy for the presence of good people in my life and wise souls. I have come here again to learn more.

:praying:m:praying:

Laika

Premium Member
Hello friends,

I am back! :infodeskperson: There are MANY familiar names still here, I would name then and recognize the beautiful souls, but I fear I would miss some on accident and potentially cause insult.

It is also OK if some of you don't remember me :p.

My search for God started out deeply religion oriented, fairly safe within the threshold of Abrahamic religions, raised Catholic, converted to Islam and practiced and identified as a Muslim for about 9 years, came back to the church. However, the last 4 years I've been so drawn to Krishna and Vaishnavism, most of the friends that I have are Gaudiya Vaishnavas and so that is most familiar. I recently read about Ekasarana Dharma and that seemed really beautiful too.

More recently things were a little hectic in life and I felt Krishna drawing me near. I try to keep a prayerful attitude during such times, open to whatever way God will reveal Himself to me and each time Krishna's name was of comfort. For months on my lunch break I would run to the car, take a breather and say His name and feel I was not alone. As I said my search at first was very religious and rule oriented, from a Christian upbringing, I wanted to avoid any pain in the afterlife. However, I had to trust God eventually. I had to trust that, like a parent/father/mother who hears their child crying out for them, in such a state of neediness and vulnerability, God wouldn't mislead that child towards danger or something impure.

So, I finally had to put my guard down. Doing so has taught me much about how culturally we pray. I've stopped advising God as much and started aiming for a friendship where I just listen to Him and enjoy the holy name/s.

The results have been great in my personal life, I am so grateful and very happy for the presence of good people in my life and wise souls. I have come here again to learn more.

:praying:m:praying:

I have only been here since 2015, but "welcome back" nonetheless. I hope the forums are as good as you remeber if not better. :)

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Welcome back, Maija. Delight in the name of Lord Krishna, the ever playful.

5255bf12657b4ed7b9b9775ab6e2d2ab.jpg

"Rang mat daro re Sanwariya, mero gujar mare re"
(Don't throw colors on me, O Dark One, if my husband sees it, he will thrash me)

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Gujar: Another pastoral/nomadic herders who migrated to India perhaps before the beginning of Christian era. They adopted Hinduism. The Indian state of Gujarat carries their name. Gujars are considered a martial tribe. There were Gurjar/Pratihara dynasties ruling Gujarat, Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh. Probably Qajars of Kazakhistan.

375px-Indian_Kanauj_triangle_map.svg.png

"The Qajar dynasty (Persian: سلسله قاجار‎‎ Selsele-ye Qājār; also romanised as Ghajar, Kadjar,Qachar etc.; Azerbaijani: قاجارلر Qacarlar) was an Iranian royal dynasty of Turkic origin,specifically from the Qajar tribe, which ruled Persia (Iran) from 1785 to 1925." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qajar_dynasty

Last edited:

Tabu

Hi Maija, Welcome back , I am a new member here , might have had friendly acquaintances with many here in the longer journey of life.
Surely , the names of The Lord are a great comfort and relief ( that gives me the though of opening a thread collecting and appreciating the names of God in different religions).
My favorite one being " Dukh harta Sukh Karta " ( Remeover of Sorrow , Bestower of Happiness) , a comforting name in which I see my sorrows getting drowned.
Wishing you a good time and Happy learning..:)

Maija

Aupmanyav- ill going to have to watch those videos at home, forgot my headphones today.

Indeed, DUKH HARTA SUKH KARTA! :p

Bestower of such great joy, so kind & merciful he is!

Thank you for such a warm welcome!

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
That was some 30 or 40 years ago. Can't hope for that. And it was just some fever not even too high. It seems to have drained all her energy. I am sure, she will get well soon, ready to pounce upon me at my smallest misdeed. :D

Maija

That was some 30 or 40 years ago. Can't hope for that. And it was just some fever not even too high. It seems to have drained all her energy. I am sure, she will get well soon, ready to pounce upon me at my smallest misdeed. :D
Better stay in line, brother!
^ - ^

Tabu

So the "Dukh harta , Sukh karta " works for her.:)