• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
It has to do with Divine (Consciousness). So that's why I thought "theism" was not that far off
But when using "Cosmic Consciousness" then maybe you are right and "theism" is not there
Thanks for reminding me. Then Atheism also disappear and Agnostic also.
Wow my whole original post torpedoed. All labels gone.
Thanks. Good eyeopener

Haha. I double it down to this, off the top of my head:

Experience means divinity

God is the foundation of the experience/divinity; the nature of your feelings of love, euphia feelings, coinsedences, etc. Aka: Life

Soul is what holds those experiences/divinity. i.e. I have this in my soul. I can feel it in my heart.

Spirit is the spark, motion, and action ofas the experience/divinity itself. i.e. Divinity moves through me. I am alive because of divinity in me.

Body-
What expresses the experience so that you can call it a name, talk about it, meditate, and pray etc.

So, you have an experience which is divinity (or Cosmic Consciousness?). To understand this experience, you communicate with your soul (or Mind?). When you communicate, you become one with the motion of the spirit itself. (meditation, prayer, etc) The body is the outward expression of the spirit.

However, it is hard to understand the nature of god since no one knows what a soul is that holds and to some is the nature of god. Like a big "???" but they know its there just no words to describe it. The spirit/action is too perosnal to describe since one can only know it by events and what one does. We dont always want to share what we do on a daily basis.

Sacred scripture and culture helps one stay with or to others be god, acknowledge the soul, live the spirit, express it through words and body.

But instead of saying "thats just life" we have religions to describe the process of it.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I think everyone has the soul/heart and body experience. Some need an origin, so thats why god exists. Some live the origin, present, and future, thats why spirit exists. These terms arent universal but the concepts (Life/Heart/Expresion) are. The part I wonder is where polytheism goes into this. We go with intention/gut (heart) and expression (ritual, community, connection), but here isnt more than one life. So....

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
The part I wonder is where polytheism goes into this
From your quote: "No one gave us the power of life. We are life. We are energy. We are creators"
So if "we are creators" + "God is creator" --> polytheism makes sense. But I don't know about polytheism. I just take the word literal "poly theism"..many creators.

Rational Agnostic

25 sep 2018 stvdv
I think the word "God" is a funny word in the sense that most of the people talk about it, while none can give a globally accepted definition, proving it's a subjective belief; no fact.

I believe that "all names and forms" that humans attribute to God are illusory. Hence I can say I am an Atheist (deity does not exist) and an Agnostic (God is unknown)
I believe that the Limitless, Attributeless Divine Consciousness is our own Atmic Reality, hence I can say I am a Theist (Theist as in "Divine Consciousness" NOT deities)

Therefore I see myself as: 1)Agnostic + 2)Atheist + 3)Theist

Some definitions to avoid too much confusion on this very confusing matter: Cosmic Consciousness:
Conscience = Conscience is a Witness. It is also known as Awareness. A witness requires a basis to function (that of which you are “conscious” in the waking state)
Conscious = Being Aware (The conscience is conscious when awake and not conscious when asleep)
Consciousness = Limitless, Attributeless Divine Cosmic Consciousness is our own Atmic Reality. So unlike western definition (see spoiler for more information)
Definition of Consciousness used in the WEST (this is 100% different from definition used in Indian spirituality). Not seeing the difference you will totally miss my point.
Consciousness (west) is the state or quality of awareness, or, of being aware of an external object or something within oneself.

Definition of Consciousness used in the Indian spirituality (without this understanding you will misunderstand what I am saying in this OP)
Cosmic Consciousness (east) has been said (for common people to understand) to be "Sat-Chit-Ananda" (Being Awareness Bliss). But Consciousness is ONE, to make it understandable words are used, but it is beyond words. That's why it's impossible to accurate describe Consciousness. It needs to be experienced in meditative state. Takes years of practice to fully understand this. Once understood you are enlightened, so makes sense to strive at least to understand this IMO.
Consciousness is described as: a)"screen" on which the movie "world" is projected + b)"substratum" + c)"on which the world is superimposed". See link below for more info
Sathya Sai Baba | Non-duality

Practical example to experience this Consciousness, used by the yogis in India (in which divinity can be experienced more easily):
All education today is a process of proceeding from ignorance to ignorance. If you seek to know where is the Atma, it is the Chaitanya (Consciousness) between one state of consciousness and another. This is not easily understandable by all. There is a state which is between waking and sleep. Few know what this state is. We seem to be in the waking state and then we close the eyes and fall asleep. Only the yogis have observed this phenomenon.
That which is conscious between the waking and sleeping states is the Atmic principle. The waking state represents the Rajo guna. Sleep represents the Tamo guna. In between is the Satwa guna–that is the Atmic Consciousness. [Excerpt from Discourse at the ‘Summer Course ‘in Brindavan, on 29-5-1990.]

Agnostic atheism is a philosophical position that encompasses both atheism and agnosticism. Agnostic atheists are atheistic because they do not hold a belief in the existence of any deity and agnostic because they claim that the existence of a deity is either unknowable in principle or currently unknown in fact.

Theism is broadly defined as the belief in the existence of the Supreme Being or deities

Theism (my definition) the believe that the limitless, attributeless divine consciousness is our own atmic reality

Edit: It's still a work in progress to define the undefinable in words
I believe only Cosmic Consciousness exists and is real (as in never changing)
Limitless, attributeless means it can't be put in words (words are used to describe the indescribable)

Didn't read. It's impossible to be an atheist and theist at the same time since the prefix "a" is simply a negation, and a proposition and its negation cannot both hold at the same time. Your belief label is logically impossible.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
From your quote:

"No one gave us the power of life. We are life. We are energy. We are creators"

So if "we are creators" + "God is creator" --> polytheism makes sense.

But I don't know about polytheism. I just take the word literal "poly theism"..many creators.

Yeah. If we are creators/creation and sense there is more than one of us, I guess thats polytheism. I dont know if Id consider us god, which I feel is different in connotation than a creator. Since everything in the universe forms and makes things new and dies from preexisting things, humans are not much different. So, we are creators in the action of form or a verb (or spirit?) rather than deities, which is what polytheism is.

Some polytheism religions may believe in multiple creators. If god is life, in my post, and there is only one life, in that respect, where does polytheism really fit (assuming we are talking about deities).

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
hey Artist,
I commented to Stvdv this comment:
As to ATMA:
"Part of `being` is the stuff of inner self, the `spirit` within one,
that piece of the content of one's true being, the `soul` of one,
that which leaves the consciousness and cognizance behind.
That journal into the nothingness of the Earths Stuff and spirit."

Kinda the story of life and death, and the spirit going on,
going on to what ? To Earth's Stuff and spirit, and on and on.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
hey Artist,
I commented to Stvdv this comment:
As to ATMA:
"Part of `being` is the stuff of inner self, the `spirit` within one,
that piece of the content of one's true being, the `soul` of one,
that which leaves the consciousness and cognizance behind.
That journal into the nothingness of the Earths Stuff and spirit."

Kinda the story of life and death, and the spirit going on,
going on to what ? To Earth's Stuff and spirit, and on and on.
Gotta quote me....brb

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I won't always get your message. You gotta quote me or page me @example
hey Artist,
WHAT ?
quote what...and what is brb ?

I saw my name and thought you were referring to me. Be right back--BRB and ooolld acrynoms when chat rooms became popular. With LOL.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
OK ...I'll use Unveiled Artist from now on.
Sooo...with that...I'll brb...80 yrs and I didn't get that !!

edit:
I was referring to you !

dianaiad

25 sep 2018 stvdv
I think the word "God" is a funny word in the sense that most of the people talk about it, while none can give a globally accepted definition, proving it's a subjective belief; no fact.

I believe that "all names and forms" that humans attribute to God are illusory. Hence I can say I am an Atheist (deity does not exist) and an Agnostic (God is unknown)
I believe that the Limitless, Attributeless Divine Consciousness is our own Atmic Reality, hence I can say I am a Theist (Theist as in "Divine Consciousness" NOT deities)

Therefore I see myself as: 1)Agnostic + 2)Atheist + 3)Theist

Some definitions to avoid too much confusion on this very confusing matter: Cosmic Consciousness:
Conscience = Conscience is a Witness. It is also known as Awareness. A witness requires a basis to function (that of which you are “conscious” in the waking state)
Conscious = Being Aware (The conscience is conscious when awake and not conscious when asleep)
Consciousness = Limitless, Attributeless Divine Cosmic Consciousness is our own Atmic Reality. So unlike western definition (see spoiler for more information)
Definition of Consciousness used in the WEST (this is 100% different from definition used in Indian spirituality). Not seeing the difference you will totally miss my point.
Consciousness (west) is the state or quality of awareness, or, of being aware of an external object or something within oneself.

Definition of Consciousness used in the Indian spirituality (without this understanding you will misunderstand what I am saying in this OP)
Cosmic Consciousness (east) has been said (for common people to understand) to be "Sat-Chit-Ananda" (Being Awareness Bliss). But Consciousness is ONE, to make it understandable words are used, but it is beyond words. That's why it's impossible to accurate describe Consciousness. It needs to be experienced in meditative state. Takes years of practice to fully understand this. Once understood you are enlightened, so makes sense to strive at least to understand this IMO.
Consciousness is described as: a)"screen" on which the movie "world" is projected + b)"substratum" + c)"on which the world is superimposed". See link below for more info
Sathya Sai Baba | Non-duality

Practical example to experience this Consciousness, used by the yogis in India (in which divinity can be experienced more easily):
All education today is a process of proceeding from ignorance to ignorance. If you seek to know where is the Atma, it is the Chaitanya (Consciousness) between one state of consciousness and another. This is not easily understandable by all. There is a state which is between waking and sleep. Few know what this state is. We seem to be in the waking state and then we close the eyes and fall asleep. Only the yogis have observed this phenomenon.
That which is conscious between the waking and sleeping states is the Atmic principle. The waking state represents the Rajo guna. Sleep represents the Tamo guna. In between is the Satwa guna–that is the Atmic Consciousness. [Excerpt from Discourse at the ‘Summer Course ‘in Brindavan, on 29-5-1990.]

Agnostic atheism is a philosophical position that encompasses both atheism and agnosticism. Agnostic atheists are atheistic because they do not hold a belief in the existence of any deity and agnostic because they claim that the existence of a deity is either unknowable in principle or currently unknown in fact.

Theism is broadly defined as the belief in the existence of the Supreme Being or deities

Theism (my definition) the believe that the limitless, attributeless divine consciousness is our own atmic reality

Edit: It's still a work in progress to define the undefinable in words
I believe only Cosmic Consciousness exists and is real (as in never changing)
Limitless, attributeless means it can't be put in words (words are used to describe the indescribable)

From what I just read, you might find a home in ignosticism.

Not 'agnosticism,' but 'ignosticism.'

Ignosticism - Wikipedia

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Thank you for the feedback. I believe spiritual things can be very simple.
I remember the circle where crazy and very intelligent meet
Maybe when there is total confusion, realization is near

I hope so, for both of us

Spiritual things are indeed very simple.

They are like the empty set in mathematics.

Ciao

- viole

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I am not the body, I am not the mind, I am not the senses, I am not the emotions. So these are not "my reality"
I fully agree... These are not our reality.
Then arises the question "Who Am I"? What is my reality? I call that "atmic reality", beyond words
I believe that the soul is our true reality and the soul goes with us after we die.

The soul animates the human body while we are alive on earth. The soul communicates its desires through the brain to the physical body, which thereby expresses itself, so the soul is responsible for the the mind, senses and emotions. The body is just a vehicle that carries the soul around while we are alive on earth, a place to house the soul. The soul is our self, our true reality; the body is just our outer shell.

The soul is the sum total of the personality so it is the person himself; the physical body is pure matter with no real identity. The person, after he dies and leaves his physical body behind, goes to the spiritual world where the soul takes on a spiritual body made up of heavenly elements that exist in the spiritual realm. Since the requirements of the physical body no longer impinge upon the soul in the spiritual world, the soul is like a bird that has been released from a cage, free at last from the requirements of the material world.