• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am a prophet of god. Why don’t you believe me?

Muffled

Jesus in me
Well, it’s high time I let you guys in on something. I am a prophet of god.
Believe me? No!? Why not? Isn’t my claim just as valid as the prophets you believe? Heck, I’m right here. Those other prophets lived thousands of years ago. Yet you take them at their word.
I say I am a prophet because I believe I have encountered god and received special information and temporary power from him. I believe I accessed the vibration god resides in. I believe he showed me how to end humanity’s suffering forever.
My encounter with him drove me nuts. It is because I chased god and found him while I was unprepared.
I cannot explain how I did this without violating forum rules. I’m not special, I believe anyone can become a prophet of god. You just have to find him first.
The message is simple. (these are my beliefs) We must become collectively moral. If we are all moral, it would transform the physical reality we exist in and heaven would manifest into the temporal realm. We can end suffering for good through collective morality.
Will I chase god again? I think I value my sanity more.
Clinically, I have delusions of grandeur. Perhaps this is what this is.
I post this, not because I expect anyone to believe in my insanity. I hope this isn’t proselytizing. I’m not trying to convert people to my delusions. Rather, I ask, why am I not more valid than the prophets of the old? My evidence is just as strong, no? A bunch of hearsay. I ask what separates me from the other prophets, what makes them legitimate and not me. Perhaps this is another way of asking what is the evidence for god.
Am I trolling? The world may never know.
Oh, and thanks for reading the ravings of a mad man :D

I believe that is contrary to what the Bible says. A person prophesying something contrary to the Bible is a false prophet.

Please do. I break the rules inadvertantly. Usually what happens is they remove the post. However I suspect they miss a lot and you just might get away with it.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Umm... I don't believe in a God.
However thinking you speak for God ain't that unusual.
I suspect more would make the claim if they had the confidence.

I suppose you be a prophet for your God whomever that might be but you couldn't be a prophet for my God since as I said, I don't have one.

I believe God speaks though me but I do not consider myself a prophet.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Please do. I break the rules inadvertantly. Usually what happens is they remove the post. However I suspect they miss a lot and you just might get away with it.

I'm going to encourage you to stay within the guidelines if you can help it, and thank @Xavier Graham for doing so as well.

Muffled

Jesus in me
What god are you talking about? You could be a prophet for some type of god.

You’re definitely not a prophet for God, the Father of Jesus, the Christian God. You don’t believe in him, so you couldn’t be His prophet. Silly.

What is your evidence for that? I suppose listing himself as an apostate might fit.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
That's nice.

He didn't happen to mention where I left my Batman socks? I've been looking for them for weeks.
Look for them behind your dresser.

If you can't find them there, then have patience: the appointed time for them to be behind your dresser has not yet come.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I believe mostly I do not have a public ministry. I suppose one could call this forum public but I certainly can't just give a message because that would break the rule against proselytizing.

I'd imagine most would feel called to it.

Kelly of the Phoenix

What god are you talking about? You could be a prophet for some type of god.

You’re definitely not a prophet for God, the Father of Jesus, the Christian God. You don’t believe in him, so you couldn’t be His prophet. Silly.
God always uses the person you wouldn’t expect lol.

cataway

Believe me? No!? Why not? Isn’t my claim just as valid as the prophets you believe? Heck, I’m right here. Those other prophets lived thousands of years ago. Yet you take them at their word.
I say I am a prophet because I believe I have encountered god and received special information and temporary power from him. I believe I accessed the vibration god resides in. I believe he showed me how to end humanity’s suffering forever.
My encounter with him drove me nuts. It is because I chased god and found him while I was unprepared.
I cannot explain how I did this without violating forum rules. I’m not special, I believe anyone can become a prophet of god. You just have to find him first.
The message is simple. (these are my beliefs) We must become collectively moral. If we are all moral, it would transform the physical reality we exist in and heaven would manifest into the temporal realm. We can end suffering for good through collective morality.
I post this, not because I expect anyone to believe in my insanity. I hope this isn’t proselytizing. I’m not trying to convert people to my delusions. Rather, I ask, why am I not more valid than the prophets of the old? My evidence is just as strong, no? A bunch of hearsay. I ask what separates me from the other prophets, what makes them legitimate and not me. Perhaps this is another way of asking what is the evidence for god.
far more likely you hope to profit form god .there is alot of that going around these days

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member

You have no proof and no miracles. Also, Quran which is a miracle and proof says Mohammad (s) is the last Nabi and so I don't bother myself by many current claiming Prophets. As for Bahai scripture, comparing to Quran, is like comparing an elite cuisine of an expensive restaurant with barf. There is no comparison of the exalted one's words with those who are far from the hearing, let alone, God's words with theirs. "Indeed they from the hearing are far removed".

You can try to produce somethings like Quran. You will fail. Heck, I guarantee you can't even write a prayer like any of the prayers found in Sahifa Sajjadiya, let alone come close to Quran.