• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am a nature lover and motor head. cnc machinist. worked alot. what is our purpose?

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.
Hello. The first step, IMHO, is to realize that there was a creative intelligence behind the origin of the universe. That fact is clear to me from the study of nature/the cosmos. After that things get more complicated. :)

The teachings of Jesus helped me to realize a meaningful life. And that primarily means LOVE and helping to make the world a better place (which joyfully can be done in many ways!). The path you follow will be determined by many factors. But it all starts by acknowledging the basic reality that God exists. I think our finite minds will ever be able to know much beyond that and that we live in a rational, created universe.

Good luck on your journey!

Peace

Craig Sedok

Hello. The first step, IMHO, is to realize that there was a creative intelligence behind the origin of the universe. That fact is clear to me from the study of nature/the cosmos. After that things get more complicated. :)

The teachings of Jesus helped me to realize a meaningful life. And that primarily means LOVE and helping to make the world a better place (which joyfully can be done in many ways!). The path you follow will be determined by many factors. But it all starts by acknowledging the basic reality that God exists. I think our finite minds will ever be able to know much beyond that and that we live in a rational, created universe.

Good luck on your journey!

Peace
To put a name or point to rely or relay on like god is to say we are left deficient. I am one to not believe that we cannot take care of ourselves with what we got. Any god that expects some handout is a weak. 9

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.
To put a name or point to rely or relay on like god is to say we are left deficient. I am one to not believe that we cannot take care of ourselves with what we got. Any god that expects some handout is a weak. 9

Hello. I am not sure what you mean by god expecting a handout; I do not see what I could ever give God but my love and to take care of creation. But it is certainly not needed by Him. I do agree that we can/should (though it does not appear we are) take care of ourselves with what we have - look at the state of the world to see how we are falling short!

Peace