• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am a huge fan of Rudy. Now he denies saying there was no collusion.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Ya, I saw that interview on the news this morning, and let me just say that Giuliani is a mere shadow versus what he used to be. Seems that he's fallen off the turnip truck, and hard.

ecco

Veteran Member
Cuomo Jaw Drop.

3WK32MKAVREATG5MITSFFXEKTI.png

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
On the surface, he's denying a claim attributed to him.
What's the significance to you?
For me the significance is that he is admitting that the Trump campaign colluded with a foreign government in an effort to win an election.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Giuliani vs. CNN's Cuomo: I Never Said There Was No Collusion Between People In Trump Campaign And Russia

Giuliani is the perfect lawyer for Trump. He keeps saying things that make Trump look as if he was guilty or a total idiot"

"RUDY GIULIANI: Well, you just misstated my position. I never said there was no collusion between the campaign or between people in the campaign --"

These Trump people aren't very good at the fine art of double-talk. Giuliani immediately starts off on the defensive. That's going to make you look guilty from the get-go.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Go Rudy go!

(That trump ever worked with Rudy seems like an indication of trump's narcissism, and it might help be his undoing.)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
For me the significance is that he is admitting that the Trump campaign colluded with a foreign government in an effort to win an election.
Is he?
His artful language avoids saying that.
It could mean a number of things.
What claims did he actually make, which he now claims are being modified?

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Is he?
It doesn't really matter, since we already know Trump campaign CEO Paul Manafort was colluding with Russians (passing on internal polling data).

Like I said, the only question know is whether Trump knew. If he did then he's been actively covering it up.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It doesn't really matter, since we already know Trump campaign CEO Paul Manafort was colluding with Russians (passing on internal polling data).
Since this wasn't claimed in the OP, how do we know it.
Like I said, the only question know is whether Trump knew. If he did then he's been actively covering it up.
They've been investigating this a couple years now.
Trump's collusion is often claimed, but they're still investigating, & not divulging evidence of this.
It seems odd that such certainty isn't being supported.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
Is he?
I'm not sure, I am just here to get hyped up and mad about abstract statements taken out of context. (See! At least you know my intentions from the very beginning. :D)

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Since this wasn't claimed in the OP, how do we know it.
Are you not aware of the court filing from Manafort's team this week, where they accidentally messed up a redacted section and ended up revealing what I described (Manafort giving polling data)?

They've been investigating this a couple years now.
Trump's collusion is often claimed, but they're still investigating, & not divulging evidence of this.
It seems odd that such certainty isn't being supported.
I don't know how much experience you have with things like this, but surely you're not expecting an investigator to publicly release evidence while the investigation is ongoing, are you?

Also, as I noted earlier, the evolution of team Trump's talking points is revealing in itself IMO.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Are you not aware of the court filing from Manafort's team this week, where they accidentally messed up a redacted section and ended up revealing what I described (Manafort giving polling data)?
Please present it.
I don't know how much experience you have with things like this, but surely you're not expecting an investigator to publicly release evidence while the investigation is ongoing, are you?
I point out that so many are making claims based upon results not yet released.
If not released, then how do we know what they are?
Also, as I noted earlier, the evolution of team Trump's talking points is revealing in itself IMO.
Which quotes have revealed what to you?

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Please present it.
Paul Manafort shared 2016 presidential polling data with ex-Russian agent: Feds

I point out that so many are making claims based upon results not yet released.
If not released, then how do we know what they are?
Not sure what specifically you're talking about.

Which quotes have revealed what to you?
Their shifting narratives about collusion, the Trump Tower meeting, Trump's buisness ties to Russia, etc. indicate to me that there's something they're trying to hide. If there really was nothing to all this, they would have just said so from the start and not wavered. Instead it's been "it's fake news", "it's a witch hunt", "Mueller's team is corrupt", "collusion isn't a crime", "Hillary/Obama did it too", "yeah we met with the Russians but they didn't deliver", and now an indirect "but Trump didn't know about it".

Constantly shifting narratives like that are rarely consistent with truth-telling.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Paul Manafort shared 2016 presidential polling data with ex-Russian agent: Feds

Not sure what specifically you're talking about.

Their shifting narratives about collusion, the Trump Tower meeting, Trump's buisness ties to Russia, etc. indicate to me that there's something they're trying to hide. If there really was nothing to all this, they would have just said so from the start and not wavered. Instead it's been "it's fake news", "it's a witch hunt", "Mueller's team is corrupt", "collusion isn't a crime", "Hillary/Obama did it too", "yeah we met with the Russians but they didn't deliver", and now an indirect "but Trump didn't know about it".

Constantly shifting narratives like that are rarely consistent with truth-telling.
Being evasive doesn't say what they're hiding.
What's been offered so far only confirms pre-existing bias.
I'll wait for results of a trial, either in the public or legal arena.