• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am a christian but i have also started to believe in many gods and goddesses.

As a kid and teen i was always a normal lutheran christian and only believed there is only one God and God only with Jesus but now as adult i have started feel like there is more then just one god or goddess looking over me. All my child and teen years i did feel just one now many. Now i have feeling like there is many of those so amazing beings we even dont know how amazing they are in the space. Also in the bible God says that humans are Gods image. So there is many humans maybe also many gods and goddesses.

Last edited:

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
As a kid and teen i was always a normal lutheran christian and only believed there is only one God and God only with Jesus but now as adult i have started feel like there is more then just one god or goddess looking over me. All my child and teen years i did feel just one now many. Now i have feeling like there is many of those so amazing beings we even dont know how amazing they are in the space. Also in the bible God says that humans are Gods image. So there is many humans maybe also many gods and goddesses.
Well, the Bible does tell us on several occasions that God, our Heavenly Father is the "God of gods." To me, that is a far greater thing than just being the "God of men." If God is the "God of gods," He is even greater than most people realize. Your critics will tell you that any time any other "gods" are mentioned in the Bible, the passages are referring to "false gods." But if that is the case, then wouldn't that make God be "God of false gods"? Of course, the God we worship is not the God of false gods. What could be more insulting than to suggest that of Him?

I do think we need to keep in mind, though, that as Paul said, "For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him." We are to worship only God, our Father in Heaven, our Creator, and the only god who has the power to hear and answer our prayers or do anything to or for us.

I started walking one forest area as a teen alot at night and day. Sometimes as teens we with friends did use alot of psykedelic drugs that most us like stopped as adults because we get good jobs we do not wanted loose. So maybe it was those magic mushrooms.

Last edited:

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I started walking one forest area as a teen alot at night and day. Sometimes as teens we with friends did use alot of psykedelic drugs that most us like stopped us adults because we get good jobs we do not wanted loose. So maybe it was those magic mushrooms.
:D Maybe, but I don't think so. I think you may be onto something. By the way, where was this forest anyway? Where are you from? Your name sounds Finnish.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Does there have to be a "greater" god? Couldnt they all be at their own level with their own character and means of worship?

I believe in spirits. It makes more sense for many spirits to "take care" of me than just one greater one. Youre loved by family not just one parent.

Maybe see gods like that?

Also, with the bible, it doesnt promote multiple gods just one. One creator (OT) and one father (NT). So, its up to your spiritual well being on how you interpret scripture. I personally wouldnt say you are christian if you worship more than one god and not the god jesus refers to.

But my view shouldnt matter, right?

Does there have to be a "greater" god? Couldnt they all be at their own level with their own character and means of worship?

I believe in spirits. It makes more sense for many spirits to "take care" of me than just one greater one. Youre loved by family not just one parent.

Maybe see gods like that?

Also, with the bible, it doesnt promote multiple gods just one. One creator (OT) and one father (NT). So, its up to your spiritual well being on how you interpret scripture. I personally wouldnt say you are christian if you worship more than one god and not the god jesus refers to.

But my view shouldnt matter, right?
Maybe you are true my pagan friend say that maybe i am pagan. In the history in here Europe have being alot of pagans. My pagan friend is a Wicca.

lovesong

:D
Premium Member
Welcome to RF! I hope this place can help guide you in the right direction, or inspire you to search deeper into things. I started out Lutheran too! It can be hard wrestling with new theological concepts and ideas but really working through them can be life changing. If you're starting to feel a draw to Paganism/polytheism and you ever want to talk about it (or anything else) to someone, you're more than welcome to message me!

Welcome to RF! I hope this place can help guide you in the right direction, or inspire you to search deeper into things. I started out Lutheran too! It can be hard wrestling with new theological concepts and ideas but really working through them can be life changing. If you're starting to feel a draw to Paganism/polytheism and you ever want to talk about it (or anything else) to someone, you're more than welcome to message me!
Thank you very much.

I would like to learn something.

Sabour

Can we first establish an understanding of the word "God".

What does it mean to you ? How do you define the term?

GoodbyeDave

If you think about the universe, it's very elaborate. God could have created it as a finished product (as the American Protestants mostly believe) but all the evidence is that it was designed to evolve from a small start to a vast and complex arrangement. Every atom in you body was once part of a long-dead star!

If God took that approach to the physical universe, it's likely that the spiritual universe is every bit as complicated. The Bible has many references to "gods", after all. Many African Christians continue to venerate their traditional gods, regarding them as angels. An ancient Greek writer, Maximus of Tyre, wrote "There is one God, the ruler and father of all things, and many gods, children of God, ruling together with him."

If you think about the universe, it's very elaborate. God could have created it as a finished product (as the American Protestants mostly believe) but all the evidence is that it was designed to evolve from a small start to a vast and complex arrangement. Every atom in you body was once part of a long-dead star!

If God took that approach to the physical universe, it's likely that the spiritual universe is every bit as complicated. The Bible has many references to "gods", after all. Many African Christians continue to venerate their traditional gods, regarding them as angels. An ancient Greek writer, Maximus of Tyre, wrote "There is one God, the ruler and father of all things, and many gods, children of God, ruling together with him."
Ok cool sounds right.

Sabour

Someone really powerful person in the space somewhere that knows everything and makes some things to happen. The most powerful of all beings.

"The most powerful of all beings"

In my opinion, the definition itself that you provided doesn't work with the belief that there might be many gods. If they are equally powerful, than no one is god. If one is more powerful than the others, than the less powerful are not gods.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member

Made in God's image does not mean "God" has two eyes, arms, legs, feet, one nose, one
mouth, etc.

Having the “image” or “likeness” of God means, in the simplest terms, that we were made to resemble God. Adam did not resemble God in the sense of God’s having flesh and blood. Scripture says that “God is spirit” (John 4:24) and therefore exists without a body. However, Adam’s body did mirror the life of God insofar as it was created in perfect health.

All ya gotta do is google up some info.
We don't LOOK like "God".
He/She is a SPIRIT.