• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am a Christian, ask me anything.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Are you interested in Christian mystics, such as John of the Cross, or Meister Eckhart?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
:D Ok...thanks.

1) What is your denomination?/Could you sum up your belief briefly?

2) Sorry for this observation...but why do you say Yeshua?
Since we're speaking English right now, it's more appropriate to say Jesus. :rolleyes:

we-live-now

I promise to be respectful.

Why are there three different, distinct Greek words for Jesus in the New Testament? (iEsou, iEsoun, and iEsous)

3jesus.png

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Why are there three different, distinct Greek words for Jesus in the New Testament? (iEsou, iEsoun, and iEsous)

Greek has declensions, so the noun endings change according to five cases: nominative, genitive, dative, accusative, vocative

Nominative Ἰησοῦς
Genitive Ἰησοῦ
Dative Ἰησοῖ/Ἰησοῦ
Accusative Ἰησοῦν
Vocative Ἰησοῦ

Spiderman

Veteran Member
If you could die any death you wanted, what would it be?

Would you rather get martyred (before your time) for your beliefs, or die of old age?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I promise to be respectful.

How does a man who died more than a thousand years ago save you today (especially if you believe you had no role in your salvation)?

The bible talks about salvation. It doesnt conect how jesus saves (process of salvation). Example, it tells us two and two is four and the meaning. It doesnt explain how this is so especialy to people whoses language and culture he doesnt know.

Can you logically connect salvation to today?

Last edited:

Shaul

Premium Member
Is Jesus Jewish? Please note, not was he Jewish, but is he Jewish?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
If you could die any death you wanted, what would it be?

Would you rather get martyred (before your time) for your beliefs, or die of old age?
Straight in there with the death questions lol.

Last edited:

YeshuaRedeemed

Revelation 3:10
How does a man who died more than a thousand years ago save you today (especially if you believe you had no role in your salvation)?

The bible talks about salvation. It doesnt conect how jesus saves (process of salvation). Example, it tells us two and two is four and the meaning. It doesnt explain how this is so especialy to people whoses language and culture he doesnt know.

Can you logically connect salvation to today?
He already did the work on the cross and is risen Lord, and accepts people ho are repentant and confess him as Lord.