• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I admire atheists for devoting time for "God"

chinu

chinu
That aside, for religions that do place a wedge between the gods and the world, it really is quite a stretch to frame things this way and risks misrepresenting non-adherents to your point of view (whether they are atheists or theists). Others have already pointed this out.
What do you see as wedge placed between God and World ? I don't think I have placed any wedge. Do you care to explain please ?

Last edited:

chinu

chinu
I, personally, thought you were being entirely sarcastic or facetious with the OP. It seems here you are trying to say that you were not.

The reason I thought this is because you obviously know the relative distaste that some atheists tend to have toward unfounded ideas of "God" - and it honestly seems like you were using the knowledge of said distaste to try and get under atheist's skin by equating their activities with some "devoting time to God."

If that is not what you were doing, then you have every chance to explain yourself. If that is what you were doing, just admit it and don't dig holes you can't climb out of. I have seen the latter far too often from theists. It's always vicariously embarrassing to witness.
A question was asked to me in this thread: what does "devoting time for god" look like? Two or three examples for clarity would be helpful. We need some way to assess whether or not "atheists" are engaging in these behaviors or not.

Examples were:
Example 1: Remember God.
Example 2: Praising God.
Example 3: Do anything that takes your attention towards God.

I thought, you have read that examples. Perhaps not.

Please read example number 3 very carefully. I hope you are deep enough to catch the answer. Or, tell me if still you don't understand, thank you. :)

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Fact 1: There are many forms of devotion. Devoting time is one of them. Devoting time is even one of the most important form of devotion which is even required for one's next devotion

Fact 2: Devoting time for a belief doesn't makes any difference, even if one is against that belief. That because, one NEVER go against something until that provides any kind of benefit.

Fact 3: Do you think there's any kind benefit that atheists get by going against the belief of theists ? I don't think you will be able to provide any.

Hence, taking the above (3) facts into consideration, I admire atheists for devoting time for "God"
As one of RF's unofficial atheists, a non-theist, I think I can answer this.

By going against the beliefs of theists, or at least being able to ignore them, the Atheist gets huge benefits.

There are many benefits but just one should be enough, surely? ..... they don't have to bother with that particular set of rules, they are free to decide what is best for them, free of the many prejudices that can be attached to kinds of theism.

chinu

chinu
There are many benefits but just one should be enough, surely? ..... they don't have to bother with that particular set of rules, they are free to decide what is best for them, free of the many prejudices that can be attached to kinds of theism.
Friend, I think somebody taught the wrong rules. Theists too enjoy the same benefits.
If the general/natural/daily life behaviour of a theist is different that of atheist its his/her own personal choice, NOT any kind of Impose.

For example: One wishes to build a good muscular body and started GYM. Such person automatically STOP eating fatty food by own wish.

Last edited:

rational experiences

Veteran Member
The Thesis HOLY SEE, as a written advice after the fact of life sacrificed in Satanic occult Temple and pyramid sciences, as a chosen science historically.

HOLY SEE....states what you look at first and see is real. If you look at it, the explanation by WORD is exact only to the body/content upon which you SEE and look.

For you are not God, the history or evolution of any body from the spatial vacuum cooling history/evolution.

How it was taught.

Hence the HOLY SEE was the highest human known wisdom, expressed by the male spiritual science medical biological Healer selves, who quote hence any state you look at and SEE is exact to the form that you study looking at and SEEING and it owns no other form or advice.

How it became a relative science law teaching in human life, for it was relative to life surviving against Satanic/Destroyer male personality disorders in the sciences.

The word "see" comes from the Latin word sedes, meaning 'seat', which refers to the episcopal throne (cathedra).

Quoting the knowledge of the seat of the existent in God was the stone throne of God O the planet sitting in its holy womb, of its Holy Mother status, spatial vacuum evolution. Hence the teachings were founded upon petere, a repeated known aware spiritual human wisdom about the stone/rock upon which all life was founded.

Which owned no thesis for there was no argument. Science is only in its invention an argument against existence in its natural SEEN forms.

Heyo

Veteran Member
No wrong reasons. I provided facts. Please re-read.
You provided false assumption you called facts.

Your fallacy is equivocation. God != believe in god.
We can't discuss god, because neither of us knows what that god-thingy even is. We can discuss your believe (and my non-believe) in that undefined entity.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
To own discuss, relevance SION, a discussion is human owned, male historically for human invention of the sciences by thesis, formula/design then control of the design which equals ANTI of self.

Natural, every naturally present condition in its natural state that supported your owned existence as a theme/thesis storytelling.

Reason....to know what talking/discussing means, reasoning. Reasoning does not quote that you "own" the supported themes of your discussion, reasoning quotes a particular condition, to apply self supported continuance involving fact of self advice.

Therefore if a human discusses in just a thinking seeing condition TO HOLY SEE, then what you SEE is what you see. What you do not see you cannot discuss for that would be quantified as lying.

Hence if you say I can use machines to see things that the naked eye cannot see, then I can see them. But you would not proceed to force change what you can see, for then it would no longer exist.

Which owns the answer as to why you destroyed life before as a human scientist.

God as the highest seen evaluation by a thinking person placed the Deity/entity of creating from its own body O stone the planet as one and the first. And how that body then continued beyond its owned presence STONE...the one into owning the presence atmospheric heavenly body.

How is that history not relevant to quoting what God meant to the first human theist in sciences?

Science already knew that to alter one natural support, the highest form/state converts and changes to become a created lower state. Creating a lower state is not creating the higher state, it is to lose the higher state.

Hence it quotes God was lost.

The Promise, meaning what conditions were known to return if you kept your promise. Not to be a sinner. 2012 stated that the Holy Mother owner of the presence God historically vacuum, highest body that holds form in mass or cools mass was a promise to own the return of God from the Jesus sacrifice.

Owning and promise and keeping a promise are 2 different human choices. So if you owned a promise, taught a promise and then broke that promise and continue to this day to be a sinner, then you own no support of GOD. As a science fact.

Instead science has studied the destruction of God and then wanted to give it to the rest of the God planet body....its removal. For removing SIN is original SIN and original SIN in a God thesis is burning gases actually.

If you are a sinner, the list is
The 20 Best Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God Quotes

Cause/effect occult nuclear machine science owned sciences that removes fused cold radiated Earth mass and then release extra radiation out of the Planet that causes underground chemical/gas reactions....that then leaves huge sink holes.

SIN x K, K being the old science symbol for constant. Jesus the King, the K doing factor/function to sacrifice life is the doing function of the Earth Heavenly body since the Year 33 AD. Just as taught in the theory/thesis about Earth, SCIENCE.

The con of science is that it is not consciousness.

If Earth was given a human promise, I will stop that form of occult science so that Mother of God could reclaim the planet and human life support, why did Satanist/scientists allow alchemy and then conversion of the Earth to be re practiced?

For it says, they own the human male Destroyer mentality as the son/man of the apostasy.

If a scientist who is a greedy group who only wants what he does, would he and did he irrationally theory that a timed function Year 2012 would automatically put back the position of GOD in the Heavens instead of JESUS life sacrificed history, yet, we never had stopped being life sacrificed as our owned evidence and lied to his own person?

For that theme I would quote is an atheist and a theist in an argument about Earth relativity and God, when the teaching was already known. The quote a hypocrite real to an occult/scientist. Seeing natural history owns any natural mass body in any form mass presence. What you SEE is only what exists.

Therefore if you cannot SEE GOD and the Bible said no man is God, then how could you discuss GOD as a HOLY SEE unless you always knew that God the one and first was SEEN and was planet Earth?

Deuteronomy 4:12
Verse Concepts
Then the Lord spoke to you from the midst of the fire; you heard the sound of words, but you saw no form—only a voice.
Source: 16 Bible verses about Not Seeing God

The status of 12 x 2 = 24. 24 O and 24 O 48.

The observed review of being life sacrificed by the God not seen was a Jesus quote, not a God quote.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Fact 1: There are many forms of devotion. Devoting time is one of them. Devoting time is even one of the most important form of devotion which is even required for one's next devotion

Fact 2: Devoting time for a belief doesn't makes any difference, even if one is against that belief. That because, one NEVER go against something until that provides any kind of benefit.

Fact 3: Do you think there's any kind benefit that atheists get by going against the belief of theists ? I don't think you will be able to provide any.

Hence, taking the above (3) facts into consideration, I admire atheists for devoting time for "God"

Actually, this is one of the reasons I respect many of the atheists (not all of course just like theists) for the simple reason that they do devote time for God. In fact, I would say they devote time to learn a bit about the theistic beliefs etc and research does point out that Atheists are a little better read in theology than those who identify as theists.

Atheists are devoting a bit of time because they maybe questioning things. Which is a good thing. In the theistic world there was a time when it was the theists who used to question everything about their respective theologies. It was the theists who did most monumental criticisms of their own theology thinking beyond imagination. Now unfortunately it seems like theists have seized to a certain degree, not fully. So it's like a pendulum.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
You're operating under the false assumption that atheists and Agnostics are devoting time to a thing they don't believe exists. We don't. (At least I don't.)
We are devoting time to the poor believers who have been brainwashed into believing in their supremacy and entitlement - and thereby making life difficult for everyone else. Atheism, scepticism and especially secularism is a public service.
If you count carefully which religions and which positions in those religions are criticised, you'll find that it is mostly the antisocial religions and criminal aspects of those religions which are scrutinized. E.g. where are the debates about pagan religions? There aren't many because pagans usually can play nice with the other kids.
I'd prefer the believers would reign in the crazy ones (AiG etc) and the hateful (LBC) by themselves but they prefer to let us deal with them. Slackers.

I was going to reply to the OP, but you just made it obsolete. I have nothing more to add to this. You answer is perfect.

chinu

chinu
You provided false assumption you called facts.

Your fallacy is equivocation. God != believe in god.
We can't discuss god, because neither of us knows what that god-thingy even is. We can discuss your believe (and my non-believe) in that undefined entity.
This is "RF" discussion board. As the very title says.. it is for people who want to discuss religion, beliefs etc.

Its okay if you don't want to discuss - its your choice. Am NOT forcing you to discuss, anyway.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Friend, I think somebody taught the wrong rules. Theists too enjoy the same benefits.
If the general/natural/daily life behaviour of a theist is different that of atheist its his/her own personal choice, NOT any kind of Impose.

For example: One wishes to build a good muscular body and started GYM. Such person automatically STOP eating fatty food by own wish.
Ah, but most interested and involved God's are busy-bodies, getting in way of mankind, making rules, demanding attention. Very selfish, such God's are, even making rules for food or drink, or who can be a lover.... they really can be tiresome, if one should be so unlucky as to believe in one of them.
It my Diety is so vast that little Earth is but a tiny bit of dust on shoe, would brush it off if it was noticed, quite disinterested in so pathetic a thing. So I can have to eat or drink as I please, or watch naughty film if they weren't so boring, or stay on bed when theists have to get up for worship.
Theism is a very bad deal full of orders and stuff.

chinu

chinu
Ah, but most interested and involved God's are busy-bodies, getting in way of mankind, making rules, demanding attention. Very selfish, such God's are, even making rules for food or drink, or who can be a lover.... they really can be tiresome, if one should be so unlucky as to believe in one of them.
Friend, you very well aware that people do many wrong things on the name of God. Its just wrong people.

It my Diety is so vast that little Earth is but a tiny bit of dust on shoe, would brush it off if it was noticed, quite disinterested in so pathetic a thing. So I can have to eat or drink as I please, or watch naughty film if they weren't so boring, or stay on bed when theists have to get up for worship.
Theism is a very bad deal full of orders and stuff.
Wrong people always teach artificial theism.