• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hypothetical Jesus

King Phenomenon

Personally I believe in Jesus. If Jesus were here today hypothetically speaking I don't think there would be any way of proving that because I think God through his power would spiritually conceal his identity furthermore Jesus wouldn't tell anybody out of fear for his own life and people not believing him.

Walk by faith not by sight.

Last edited:

PruePhillip

Grammar is a bit iffy here. Not sure what you are saying.
IMO the Messiah is a person you accept or don't accept depending on your preference.
It's like anything else about God - you chose to believe or chose to disbelieve.
Assuming Jesus is real and the son of God, I don't think He could be here today because
our society would hold to very real information about his and his doings. In other words we
would take away the article of faith.

But the Messiah was recorded by seven people, most who knew him personally.
He is throughout the Old Testament. And what He said about the Jewish nation resonates
with us today through our current events.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
God through his power would spiritually conceal his identity
Tho it does say we're back as a thief or in secret at the midnight hour; it isn't like we don't meet the wise and foolish virgins, who might be wed (Matthew 25:1-13).
So I guess until then we'll have to walk by faith not by sight.
Always walk by assurities, else we slip at every step, check where we're walking.

Please note you can edit your posts for a day or so after, rather than creating new posts. ;)
I don't think there would be any way of proving that
It is provable by the name references in the religious texts globally, and by the knowledge known since birth.

Revelation 3:12 He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar (Sandalphon) in the temple of my God, and he will go out from there no more. I will write on him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God (Zion - Psalms 146:10, Psalms 147:12, Isaiah 52:7), the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from my God, and my own new name (Sananda).

Revelation 19:12 His eyes are a flame of fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has names written and a name written which no one knows but he himself (Zanda).
Like I knew at 5-6 years old Yeshua didn't go around saying "I Am", and the world had been deceived by it; where I was told at 25, I'd start explaining it to the world, been on here ever since.

John, Paul, and Simon

In my opinion. :innocent:

JJ50

Personally I believe in Jesus. If Jesus were here today hypothetically speaking I don't think there would be any way of proving that because I think God through his power would spiritually conceal his identity furthermore Jesus wouldn't tell anybody out of fear for his own life and people not believing him.

Putting one's faith in something or someone without any evidence to support the belief is a crazy imo! :rolleyes:

wizanda

Premium Member
Putting one's faith in something or someone without any evidence to support the belief is a crazy imo!
If we study the history, Judah clearly got cut off as prophesied (Zechariah 11, Deuteronomy 28), and thus even if we have limited info of Yeshua existing, the odds of all the rest of the Tanakh being fulfilled so concisely, makes no sense not to accept it as real....

People just don't study enough to understand it is all very real, not a belief; especially some of the religious who are told how to interpret it the wrong way.

JJ50

If we study the history, Judah clearly got cut off as prophesied (Zechariah 11, Deuteronomy 28), and thus even if we have limited info of Yeshua existing, the odds of all the rest of the Tanakh being fulfilled so concisely, makes no sense not to accept it as real....

People just don't study enough to understand it is all very real, not a belief; especially some of the religious who are told how to interpret it the wrong way.

The Bible is a mere book of documents created by humans, which people interpret to suit their POV.

wizanda

Premium Member
The Bible is a mere book of documents created by humans, which people interpret to suit their POV.
Only someone who hasn't studied it's contexts could say something so naive, as posting already we can historically show these prophecies fulfilled.

Now fair enough people will use the Bible to create all sorts of misplaced quotes; I'm posting whole chapters of things that happened around 1500, and then 500 years before they were stated, and then have taken place for the last 2000 years...

Like we can go into advanced details to show the evidence; whereas just saying that evidence is sometimes whimsical, doesn't make it so.

JJ50

Only someone who hasn't studied it's contexts could say something so naive, as posting already we can historically show these prophecies fulfilled.

Now fair enough people will use the Bible to create all sorts of misplaced quotes; I'm posting whole chapters of things that happened around 1500, and then 500 years before they were stated, and then have taken place for the last 2000 years...

Like we can go into advanced details to show the evidence; whereas just saying that evidence is sometimes whimsical, doesn't make it so.

The studying of that book throughout my 69 years on this planet has led me to the conclusion I have come to in my previous post.

wizanda

Premium Member
The studying of that book throughout my 69 years on this planet has led me to the conclusion I have come to in my previous post.
Ok so do you think the Curse of Moses (Deuteronomy 28) which was placed when they paid 30 pieces of silver for Yeshua (Zechariah 11:12-14), and they then eat each others flesh at the second temple destruction (Zechariah 11:9, Deuteronomy 28:53-55) is open to interpretation? Personally would say history dictates it has happened as written...

Even the points that the Jews will be blinded to understanding it (Deuteronomy 28:28-29, Zechariah 12:4), that the 'foolish Gentiles' will make them jealous (Deuteronomy 32:21).

Desert Snake

Veteran Member

We know that 'JESUS is real, the question is , how are the texts messed up, and how much of texts. Because ultimately we have to sort that out, as readers.

sooda

Veteran Member
Grammar is a bit iffy here. Not sure what you are saying.
IMO the Messiah is a person you accept or don't accept depending on your preference.
It's like anything else about God - you chose to believe or chose to disbelieve.
Assuming Jesus is real and the son of God, I don't think He could be here today because
our society would hold to very real information about his and his doings. In other words we
would take away the article of faith.

But the Messiah was recorded by seven people, most who knew him personally.
He is throughout the Old Testament. And what He said about the Jewish nation resonates
with us today through our current events.

"Today's events" are based on the dream of a teen-aged girl.. Are you familiar with the Darbyites?

John Nelson Darby - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Nelson_Darby
f9bbbf72.png

Overview
John Nelson Darby (18 November 1800 – 29 April 1882) was an Anglo-Irish Bible teacher, one of the influential figures among the original Plymouth Brethren and the founder of the Exclusive Brethren. He is considered to be the father of modern Dispensationalism and Futurism. Pre-tribulation rapture theology was popularized extensively in the 1830s by John Nelson Darby and the Plymouth Brethren, and further popularized in the United States in the early 20th century by the wide circulation of the Scofield Reference Bible.

Read more

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
There were 'factions', israelites, who brought somewhat bizarre biases into christianity. That combined with outright obfuscation, made a mess of christianity, and the Protestant Revolution, in part, was delineating some of that. Luther did, regardless of opinion of him, have a very discerning attitude concerning the texts.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Some verses, were the greek translators even paying attention? Completely nonsensical verses, and if Luke compiled them ,then what happened in between Lukes compilation, and the translation?

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.

oy veh

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
The bad news: everyone is fallible and believes all sorts of crappy nonsense because people they trusted told them it was so, even stuff about God.

The good news: God is far more concerned with how you treat your fellow human beings than the mixed up confusion in your head. Love God and love your neighbor as yourself.

The really bad news: Despite this fact, SOME people are going to try to convince you that the good news is not true, and that's when things get really ugly.

JJ50

Ok so do you think the Curse of Moses (Deuteronomy 28) which was placed when they paid 30 pieces of silver for Yeshua (Zechariah 11:12-14), and they then eat each others flesh at the second temple destruction (Zechariah 11:9, Deuteronomy 28:53-55) is open to interpretation? Personally would say history dictates it has happened as written...

Even the points that the Jews will be blinded to understanding it (Deuteronomy 28:28-29, Zechariah 12:4), that the 'foolish Gentiles' will make them jealous (Deuteronomy 32:21).

The credibility of much of the Bible is in doubt.

wizanda

Premium Member
The credibility of much of the Bible is in doubt.
Yes, I'd agree with you; yet considering most of the world is deluded by the texts in question, it is highly illogical to assume it isn't legitimate, when we can show it is real, by what has historically happened...

Did you reread what was posted or just go to debunk it?