• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hypostatic Union of All Begotten

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
If Philippians 2:7-9 is an example of hypostatic union; then is everyone fully god, fully human, and becoming a servant to All? if God is omnipresent?

Jesus stated that "you are all gods". Jesus also said, "you can do all these things and more; if you believe".

Colossians 3:11 states that Christ is All and in All.

rusra02

Premium Member
If Philippians 2:7-9 is an example of hypostatic union; then is everyone fully god, fully human, and becoming a servant to All? if God is omnipresent?

Jesus stated that "you are all gods". Jesus also said, "you can do all these things and more; if you believe".

Colossians 3:11 states that Christ is All and in All.
The context of Jesus words shows he was not teaching "hypostatic union". "Once again the Jews picked up stones to stone him. Jesus replied to them: “I displayed to you many fine works from the Father. For which of those works are you stoning me?” The Jews answered him: “We are stoning you, not for a fine work, but for blasphemy; for you, although being a man, make yourself a god.” Jesus answered them: “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I said: “You are gods”’? If he called ‘gods’ those against whom the word of God came—and yet the scripture cannot be nullified— do you say to me whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, ‘You blaspheme,’ because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’? " (Matthew 10:31-36)
The wicked judges in Israel had great power and authority, and in this sense were called "gods".