• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hypocrites (non-Muslims defending Islam)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piculet

There have been *many* theists throughout the last 1000 years that do not believe in freedom of choice about religion. Typically, if you don't agree with their particular religion, you are tortured and killed. And that happens in pretty much every religion at some point.
Really? Who?

ecco

Veteran Member
Not to me. If a non-Muslim manages to say something true and useful, I am very glad. No problem whatsoever. But the chances of that happening are devastatingly small and the opposite happens constantly.
Stating that non-Muslims rarely say anything true and useful sure sounds like an attack on all non-Muslims, especially the ones on this board.

But, since you believe that non-Muslims rarely say anything true and useful, why are you here? Is it only so that you can read your own posts with self-admiration?

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Wouldn't universal make it your problem too? I think we need to narrow down the topic a little. Sometimes I feel like people dislike that though. If the topic is all over the place, it leads nowhere and your doubts are safely covered.

OK, let's get back to whether it is acceptable for a man to have 4 wives and to limit a woman to only one husband.

What do I NOT understand about this that would make it acceptable?

Piculet

You should get out more. Or, maybe, you simply aren't listening.

Denial about religion is universal.

So, please tell me what I fail to understand in those cases.
It's not that you fail to understand. It's more like you don't begin to understand. Let's face it — you don't want to understand. You want to reject. You already know you will reject. Now you just want someone or something to blame for that.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
It's not that you fail to understand. It's more like you don't begin to understand. Let's face it — you don't want to understand. You want to reject. You already know you will reject. Now you just want someone or something to blame for that.

OK, am I wrong in what I said?

Is a man allowed to have up to 4 wives?

Is a woman restricted to at most one husband?

And is this dichotomy the teaching of Islam?

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member

I don't understand how someone can see such a basic injustice as acceptable.

ecco

Veteran Member
Do you mean the way that Islam changed from a single religion led by one man to dozens of sects with many beliefs and leaders?

Islam didn't change.

The followers of all the different sects would agree with you. Yet the followers of all the different sects interpret it differently. YOU believe you have it right - THEY believe they have it right.

What are the odds YOU are wrong?

What are the odds YOU believe YOU are the one who is right?

danieldemol

Premium Member
It's more like you don't begin to understand. Let's face it — you don't want to understand. You want to reject. You already know you will reject. Now you just want someone or something to blame for that.
Ah, another Muslim mind reader I see. I’ve come across your type before.

Piculet

OK, let's get back to whether it is acceptable for a man to have 4 wives and to limit a woman to only one husband.

What do I NOT understand about this that would make it acceptable?
The wisdom behind it. The fact that you oppose it for no other reason, but that you're used to a different way.

Tambourine

@Piculet
I don't care about Islam as a religion.
I'm opposed to bigotry and the unjust treatment of people regardless of their belief, and I don't really care if a bigot's feelings are hurt by this, regardless of that bigot's chosen religious figleaf.

Piculet

@Piculet
I don't care about Islam as a religion.
I'm opposed to bigotry and the unjust treatment of people regardless of their belief, and I don't really care if a bigot's feelings are hurt by this, regardless of that bigot's chosen religious figleaf.
Okay. Thanks for letting me know, I guess.

Piculet

What are the odds YOU believe YOU are the one who is right?
You don't have to know the odds – just ask. Islam is the truth. But I'm sure there's a lot of things I'm wrong about. Does it bother you if people are certain about something? Do you dislike it when they know something and you can't make up your own mind? I must say, I can't relate with any such thing.

Piculet

If you don't want to read different opinions, then maybe don't create a thread in a debate forum?
If I didn't want to read different opinions, I'd write pretending I'm an atheist and say something about how impossible it is to know.......anything, or some other such philosophical gibberish

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
The wisdom behind it. The fact that you oppose it for no other reason, but that you're used to a different way.

Actually, I see no wisdom behind it at all. I see simple unfairness.

And *that* is the reason: people should be treated fairly, whether male or female.

So, yes, I am used to a system that is more fair.

So, please explain the 'wisdom' behind this unfairness.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
You don't have to know the odds – just ask. Islam is the truth. But I'm sure there's a lot of things I'm wrong about. Does it bother you if people are certain about something? Do you dislike it when they know something and you can't make up your own mind? I must say, I can't relate with any such thing.

The problem is that you claim to 'know' things that cannot be known. Instead, you rely on faith. That is fine, but it means it isn't known, simply believed.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
If I didn't want to read different opinions, I'd write pretending I'm an atheist and say something about how impossible it is to know.......anything, or some other such philosophical gibberish

OK, how do you know the Quran and hadiths are correct? You claim they are from God, but how do you *know* this?

Status
Not open for further replies.