• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hydroxychloroquine actually kills more patients than no treatment at all

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
People have been saying, correctly, that hydroxychloroquine has been used safely for years for rheumatoid arthritis, lupus and malaria,but and that's a great big BUT, the dosage being recommended for COVID 19 is 5-10 times higher than traditional usage, at least that what it say in the PDF of the study I linked to above, in fact the recommended COVID dose is something like one half of what is considered a lethal dose of chloroquine, food for thought.

Dan From Smithville

Recently discovered my planet of origin.
Staff member
Premium Member
People have been saying, correctly, that hydroxychloroquine has been used safely for years for rheumatoid arthritis, lupus and malaria,but and that's a great big BUT, the dosage being recommended for COVID 19 is 5-10 times higher than traditional usage, at least that what it say in the PDF of the study I linked to above, in fact the recommended COVID dose is something like one half of what is considered a lethal dose of chloroquine, food for thought.
I had previously read that there was very little play in the therapeutic dosage and a toxic dosage. What you say corroborates that.

Shaul

Premium Member
They used it on patients already hospitalized. That isn’t how anyone has proposed it should be used. It is supposed to be used in the early stages, not the terminal stages. This study doesn’t prove what you think it does.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
They used it on patients already hospitalized. That isn’t how anyone has proposed it should be used. It is supposed to be used in the early stages, not the terminal stages. This study doesn’t prove what you think it does.
Tell us what it means.

Lyndon

Premium Member
: Lord Trump says it works and has no side effects, so obviously it must work, no matter what the scientists say.

Shaul

Premium Member
Tell us what it means.
It means that someone (purposely?) used it in an unprescribed manner. It is incorrect to conclude that hydroxychloroquine doesn’t work against COVID-19 when used as proposed. This study is misleading. Misleading is poor science.

Shaul

Premium Member
: Lord Trump says it works and has no side effects, so obviously it must work, no matter what the scientists say.
No one, including President Trump, has claimed it has no side effects. Since this virus is new there are no proven cures. Therefore it is medically sound to use treatments that are reasonably safe and used in other applications that have preliminary indications of being efficacious, being not yet proven or tested notwithstanding.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
It means that someone (purposely?) used it in an unprescribed manner. It is incorrect to conclude that hydroxychloroquine doesn’t work against COVID-19 when used as proposed. This study is misleading. Misleading is poor science.
No. One small, poorly designed study indicated that it might have some effect in treating mild cases (not early stages), but no account was made for other factors that might actually have produced the difference. This study was well-designed and does not support the use as a treatment for severe cases. I will follow the science. You can believe whatever your king tells you.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
No one, including President Trump, has claimed it has no side effects. Since this virus is new there are no proven cures. Therefore it is medically sound to use treatments that are reasonably safe and used in other applications that have preliminary indications of being efficacious, being not yet proven or tested notwithstanding.
He has called it a "game changer" and mentioned he might take it as if it were already considered a viable treatment. He has continually touted it as if some efficacy were established when it had not been. Even if he were the world's most honest person, at some point he would make a mistake. Is it really such big deal to admit Trump made one here when he is the opposite of that WMHP?

We Never Know

No Slack
No. One small, poorly designed study indicated that it might have some effect in treating mild cases (not early stages), but no account was made for other factors that might actually have produced the difference. This study was well-designed and does not support the use as a treatment for severe cases. I will follow the science. You can believe whatever your king tells you.

What science do you pick and choose to go with? There are several studies/articles that say hydroxychloroquine doesn't do well against COVID-19. Here's just one of many.

https://www-sciencenews-org.cdn.amp...droxychloroquine-does-not-help-treat-covid-19

We Never Know

No Slack
He has called it a "game changer" and mentioned he might take it as if it were already considered a viable treatment. He has continually touted it as if some efficacy were established when it had not been. Even if he were the world's most honest person, at some point he would make a mistake. Is it really such big deal to admit Trump made one here when he is the opposite of that WMHP?

Maybe I was wrong. It seems here you agree Trump was wrong about hydroxychloroquine.

Shaul

Premium Member
Again, no one ever suggested using it for advanced cases. It has been proposed for use in the early stages. You want to deny those that have a potentially fatal disease a potential cure because you hate Trump. And then you claim to just be following the science. And to boot you offer no alternative treatment.

We Never Know

No Slack

There is no evidence it works against COVID-19. Then on top of that people that need hydroxychloroquine, like lupus patients are having a hard time getting it because of the false claims of it helping with COVID-19.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
So, what does this make Trump, promoting this drug? Guilty of trying to murder all covid19 patients who use it?

On RF Trump would have banned, wouldn't he? For giving false advice on covid19. At least I remember they recently said to create a new rule, esp. for posting wrong info about covid19

We Never Know

No Slack
Again, no one ever suggested using it for advanced cases. It has been proposed for use in the early stages. You want to deny those that have a potentially fatal disease a potential cure because you hate Trump. And then you claim to just be following the science. And to boot you offer no alternative treatment.

A virus has no cure. If you knew that you wouldn't be talking a cure.

Lyndon

Premium Member

your article is summarizing the same study I linked too, many more studies are being conducted as we speak, by summer we will have definitive information on this as well as other potential treatments

Lyndon

Premium Member
So, what does this make Trump, promoting this drug? Guilty of trying to murder all covid19 patients who use it?

On RF Trump would have banned, wouldn't he? For giving false advice on covid19. At least I remember they recently said to create a new rule, esp. for posting wrong info about covid19

Trump wouldn't last 5 minutes on RF without major rule breaking

We Never Know

No Slack

IMO no one is guilty of anything. They simply are trying to throw everything we have at a virus that we know nothing of. A virus has no cure. All we can do is treat the symptoms.